Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

why didn't we get the 2007 Evo IX here in the states?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well in Japan you cannot buy a 2007 model evo yet, so that could be a reason why we dont get one.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!! is that head unit stock1?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

so if the IX basically done for in the US; is this the last evo till we get the X?
how, if any, will this affect resale of current 06' EVOs?

john
Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

so the reason why we're not getting the '07 evoIX is because it doesn't have a side curtain airbag right?so the evoX should have a side cutain airbag or else we won't have it either.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

i think its fair to say that the next evo, the evo X, will most likely weigh at least a couple hundred lbs more than the current model.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ThewondererEVO
man that australian spec 07 looks hot!! USDM sucks! Im loving the Aus-07s console and radio setup
Ill drink to that.^^
Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys calm down. Every british citizen dreamed and wished for years to be able to buy a Eclipse turbo and they never got them. We had a galore market of Eclipses.

Everywhere in the world the people dreamed for the 2.5l Subaru STI block and we were the only ones to get them.

This is a marketing issue, if you want a Evo 9 go and get them now, mostlikely they are holding the sales and selling the last units for the well known and awaited Evo X.

As I said before, why to complaint about not having a 07 Evo 9 when you can go today and get one. Live the present and don't worry about the future, the SE model came from nowhere, no one else gets the SE models just us in the USA.

A Evo in the USA is one of the cheapest Evos you can buy in the world, we should quit the complaints, if you want a 07 go and get your now, there is no main differences.

Carlos
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Guys calm down. Every british citizen dreamed and wished for years to be able to buy a Eclipse turbo and they never got them.
But they did. There are a few UKDM members I've seen on the DSM forums.

, we should quit the complaints,
EvoM without the complaints?

To quote the great pjal84: "Unpossible."
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

as long as i have my IX doesn't make a big difference imho.there's not much difference between the '06 and 07.i want to have those jdm heads and tail lights,jdm rear bumper though that he have.looks great.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by QuickSilver2
Explain.
ya paid 2k extra for a lip (300$) and seats.... i dont see how thats worth it... when majority of the people on here are going to get new rims anyhow...

and its a 2006 that was bought so late without a major discount... granted they may be sold in 2007... but the fact is its still a 2006...

if i sell my car doesn't matter its over a year old... its still considered new cause its a 2006. as far as value its worth the same...

now if they made the se's 2007... then it would hold value better..

i had a 2004 audi ultrasport previous to the evo... the ultrasport kit was 3k extra for a body kit, rims and couple interior things... made the car look completely different and was weeeeelll worth the 3k. made my 35k car look like a 60k beast.

but when it came time to trade it in, it was still an a4.. didnt make a difference at the 3 mitsu dealers i went to.

i'm not saying its a complete waste and its stupid to buy them, that would be ignorrant on my part. it just can't be justified unless somehow in 10 years the se becomes something wanted by everyone because of the few numbers made

cheers!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
ya paid 2k extra for a lip (300$) and seats.... i dont see how thats worth it... when majority of the people on here are going to get new rims anyhow...

and its a 2006 that was bought so late without a major discount... granted they may be sold in 2007... but the fact is its still a 2006...

if i sell my car doesn't matter its over a year old... its still considered new cause its a 2006. as far as value its worth the same...

now if they made the se's 2007... then it would hold value better..

i had a 2004 audi ultrasport previous to the evo... the ultrasport kit was 3k extra for a body kit, rims and couple interior things... made the car look completely different and was weeeeelll worth the 3k. made my 35k car look like a 60k beast.

but when it came time to trade it in, it was still an a4.. didnt make a difference at the 3 mitsu dealers i went to.

i'm not saying its a complete waste and its stupid to buy them, that would be ignorrant on my part. it just can't be justified unless somehow in 10 years the se becomes something wanted by everyone because of the few numbers made

cheers!
Previosuly you wrote "Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
... those that bought the SE will lose money.."

So you see that you negated your point my friend.

Anything automotive will loose money overall. You did that with your A4 with the extra 3k you paid and the Guy with the standard A4 lost money too. But I will rather use the word adjusting for depreciation versus loosing money.

My SE was $1,500 more than a regular IX. That it was an 06 is moot to me. I want one now and not next year. Life is too short to be worried about measly $2k stuff on a $30k car.

So let's break it down

Wheels: I have been there and done that and have the tshirt and not doing it again. I prefer stock wheels for weight and speedo calibration. I will never change the wheels on my Evo

Lip: Yawnnn, it's there painted to match from the factory, why mess with it if I can get it from day one the way I like it.

Aluminium roof: To get it I would have to step down to an RS (not for me as I am getting up there in age and I need some creature comfort) or step up to an MR (now that is something that is not worth it to me).

HIDs: To get it again I would have to step up to an MR. Sure I can get some aftermarket piece but theres only 24 hours in a day, I have a Wife, 4 Kids and a career. no time to be messing around when I could be using that time to play with my kids or think of making more money.

Fogs: You have to get an HID to get fogs and friend I NEED fogs where I live.

Red Stitching: That to me is the icing on the cake. I could never have bought any Evo knowing that the red stitching was an option. I had to have it.

I understand that I might be in the minority but the SE is an excellent value IMHO. RS, IX, SE, MR will all depreciate - it is written.

So come time for the trade up to the X will dealers give a rats patootoo about SE during trade in? Probably not and that is okay with me. There will always be a price war between Don Herring, South Coast, Lewisville and other new players that may join the fro.

So it's all good.

Last edited by QuickSilver2; Jan 1, 2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Oh so fresh and so clean clean.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QuickSilver2
Previosuly you wrote "Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide

Wheels: I have been there and done that and have the tshirt and not doing it again. I prefer stock wheels for weight and speedo calibration. I will never change the wheels on my Evo

You kidding, right? Larger wheels usually are used with tires that have a lower aspect ratio, so the rolling diameter is almost the same as stock. And whats wrong with buying rims that are lighter than stock? Only gains will occure.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

must have been cheapies
Old Jan 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
You kidding, right? Larger wheels usually are used with tires that have a lower aspect ratio, so the rolling diameter is almost the same as stock. And whats wrong with buying rims that are lighter than stock? Only gains will occure.
I am not trying to tell someone what to do to there car, just stating why "I" chose an SE so I don't have to recreate the wheel. Part of the reason of buying an SE is the already lower weight wheel and that is good enuff for me

Thanks.

Quick Reply: why didn't we get the 2007 Evo IX here in the states?