Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

why didn't we get the 2007 Evo IX here in the states?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QuickSilver2
Red Stitching: That to me is the icing on the cake. I could never have bought any Evo knowing that the red stitching was an option. I had to have it.
lol this is exaclty how I feel. Very few ppl understand the icing part. I got the MR with every single option. (In NJ) I'm yet to see one spec'ed the same. Whats a couple more K$?
Old May 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Redline06
Black IX MR.. uhmm there is no such thing.. unless you made it seem like an MR like my buddy did or its an MR with the SE package cuz i've seen one at hawaii mitsu.

oh yeah and SE its just a package.. its not a trim of its own.. so yeah indeed you paid more than you had too for rims, seats, and a lip.. you can only own 3 types of evo ix's rs,gsr and mr.. that is it buddy.. the SE's are just extra package.. that are applied to the GSR and MR's.. cuz they got the damn MR and SE badge off the dealer.. so quicksilver say what you want but a MR is not worthless.. is worth every penny
"an MR (now that is something that is not worth it to me)"

There's my quote. I never said MR were worthless. The MR is the top of the food chain for Evos. When it came down to it, it wasn't worth the $3k difference. To me. I had a tough time convincing myself that the SE was worth $5k more than the RS, just so that you know where I am comming from.
Old May 21, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrEE
I second that, the MR is much more car than the SE package. The only other package that I think is better than the MR, is the SSL package on an IX. The leather seats and door trim make the car feel much more comfortable.
If your an older person that is the trim you should have gone with EVO-wise. Sunroof, nice stereo w/ sub and interior. I would have but performance was in my mind not comfort, if it was the other way, the WRX STI would be in my garage.

Also I could care less if that there is not a 2007 version. This brings the value of the current IX up, which is what we all want!!
I have to disagree with you. If what you want is leather seats, door trims and other nik naks then there are much more forthcomming cars than the Evo. G35, S4 to name a few.

As far as I am concerned, an Evo is always about raw power and precise handling and less on creature comfort. YMMW.
Old May 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by biship
lol this is exaclty how I feel. Very few ppl understand the icing part. I got the MR with every single option. (In NJ) I'm yet to see one spec'ed the same. Whats a couple more K$?
I wish that I had your sentiments when I was buying my car. Now I think I should have went with the MR as I think I will keep this for a while after seeing the next gen Evo. Too mainsream for me. You don't know if it's a Celica or Accord. Shame.
Old May 21, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

BECAUSE EVOS DONT SELL WELL. Mainly cause they cost too much and the mitsubshi brand is in the toilet...
Old May 21, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QuickSilver2
I have to disagree with you. If what you want is leather seats, door trims and other nik naks then there are much more forthcomming cars than the Evo. G35, S4 to name a few.

As far as I am concerned, an Evo is always about raw power and precise handling and less on creature comfort. YMMW.
for that price people expect "creature comofrts" or a better name brand...
Old May 21, 2007, 02:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
for that price people expect "creature comofrts" or a better name brand...
What about get out of here, troll?
Old May 22, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Lot's of misinformation about US auto standards in this thread.

I don't know how I can make this more clear - THERE ARE NO RULES ABOUT SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS IN THE US. And there certainly is no requirement for 2007 model year cars to have side impact airbags.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/airbag.../SABFAQs.htm#5

New US side impact safety standards go into effect in 2009. And even when they do go into effect, side airbags are not required to meet them.

What WAS required after Sept 1, 2006 is that all passenger vehicles must be equipped with Smart Airbags on the front passenger seat. The system is intended to weigh the passenger seat occupant and disable the airbag if a child is sitting there.

This is an important distinction because the new 2009 side impact standards would require redesigning the structure of the car whereas the smart airbags just require a weight sensor on the seat and different software for the SRS system. In other words, it would have been possible for the current Evo to meet the smart airbag rule with minimal investment. However, it would likely require a costly redesign of the doors and b pillar and/or addition of side airbags in order to meet the 2009 side impact standards.

Knowing that the model was at the end of life anyway Mitsubishi decided not to implement the Smart Airbag system on the US Evo 9s. Instead, they limited shipments of US cars to only those built before the Sept 1, 2006 deadline.

Also, Mitsubishi could have, if they wanted to, denoted the "SE" Evos as "2007" models. In the US market, the model year designation is largely arbitrary. And NHTSA rules for car safety standards go by BUILD DATE, not nominal model year.
Old May 22, 2007, 02:31 PM

Its cause of bush. Im telling you..he promised less taxes, didnt happened , he said Troop withdrawl from Iraq,! hasnt happened! and he specifically said " and All Mitsubishi dealership will have the 07 Evos in stock with updated interior" and look here..Damn you bush..Damn you!
Old May 22, 2007, 03:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thats some retard s**t in U.S we never get the goodies, DOT is always in the way preventing the good stuff from coming our way, however they are looking out for our safety (( whatever))
Old May 22, 2007, 10:24 PM
Account Disabled

yea wierd how they don't have the 07 models.. i woulda liked to have that 07 name on my car, but it's alright.. the dealers still have evos, i just bought a black gsr se yesterday.. and i don't think it was a big difference in money.. i got my car for the same price as a regular gsr becuase they didn't have any new gsr's in stock.. but maybe that was also cuz it's a 06 model.. =/ oh well i'm happy with my buy and glad i picked up my dream evo before they are all gone... =) also it's like the se is an MR without the 6speed and bilsteins... that's how i like to look at it..