Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Mitsubishi Navigation System???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
That's awesome. So the unit is completely self contained? No external sensors in the wheels or antennaes of any kind?
That's kinda what I would like to know...all I know is that is the kit to put one in to a new Outlander that came without one. Don't know what all is in the kit, yet...I will try to slip by a dealer later this week and see if they can shed any light.

BTW, part# MZ360140EX is the Nav Unit itself

Last edited by WhiteEvo05; Feb 5, 2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
That's awesome. So the unit is completely self contained? No external sensors in the wheels or antennaes of any kind?

Hey thanks man, glad to have you on the board. I used to sell Mitsus, but had to move on when my dealer lost his franchise. But I'm still all about the Three Diamonds.
Right on,man-I figured I came in with too much of a bang,but oh well!

Thanks! I really dig Mitsu's product as well. Ive had pretty much everything,Ford,Jeep,Toy,Honda,Suzuki,Mazda,Nissan ....etc. For the price,content,value,it's really hard to beat .
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled

I have a 2007 outlander xls with the navigation.

I like the system, but am a little disappointed with the "music server". The dealer said that it was 15gb for navi and 15gb for music INCLUDING mp3's. Unfortunately, its only 6gb, as mentioned earlier, but only for NON-MP3 formats. You cannot copy mp3's from a cd onto the hdd, only cd's that are in .cda format. Then, I doubt that it converts copied .cda's into mp3. When I get a chance, I'll be pulling the hdd and testing some ideas I have for hacking it.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone finds out the price, that would be awesom.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

mixmastermatt: is the unit double DIN?
Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ItalyIX
If anyone finds out the price, that would be awesom.
Here's an idea of cost...haven't tried any 'official' sources for pricing, yet...trying to determine if it fits in a double DIN space first. With time, the gadget bug guys that want to run car pc's, mutlimedia systems so they can watch **** and drive, etc. will provide a source for lightly used models at discounted prices.

http://tinyurl.com/yu5hfc
Old Feb 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
Here's an idea of cost...haven't tried any 'official' sources for pricing, yet...trying to determine if it fits in a double DIN space first. With time, the gadget bug guys that want to run car pc's, mutlimedia systems so they can watch **** and drive, etc. will provide a source for lightly used models at discounted prices.

http://tinyurl.com/yu5hfc
Old Feb 5, 2007, 04:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
mixmastermatt: is the unit double DIN?
Height seems to be a double DIN size, but I think it is a bit wider than DIN. I'm at work right now, so I can't go out and measure it exactly.

As nice as this system is for a stock vehicle, I would not use it as an aftermarket upgrade. It is extremely integrated with the vehicle as far as controlling the horn duration, lights, blinkers, etc.

I own my own computer business that includes custom car PC's. I can make a much more versatile system for half the cost of an OEM unit.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mixmastermatt
As nice as this system is for a stock vehicle, I would not use it as an aftermarket upgrade. It is extremely integrated with the vehicle as far as controlling the horn duration, lights, blinkers, etc.
Oooh, there's one nail in the coffin.

May have to go the car PC route in the future then. More and more complete solutions are showing up that a semi-literate individual like myself can grasp...although it goes counter to my goal of factory-like appearance and function.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Aftermarket gps. Got mine for 200 and has same features like stock.
POI, autocomplete, etc
Old Feb 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Can the Navi be edited while driving? Some Navi's wont allow the directions to be changed on the fly.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
Can the Navi be edited while driving? Some Navi's wont allow the directions to be changed on the fly.
You can do anything you want while driving. There's the normal "be careful because our lawyers dont want you to sue us dont poke yourself with pointy things" statement that you have to hit OK every time you fire up the car,but other then that you can reroute,delete route,even add waypoints and search all while driving,although I dont do it,it's seriously distracting.

Before I drive I set it,then wont do more than delete the route while Im driving.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just like anything else in the tuner world--aftermarket will usually get you better quality, features, and price than an OEM unit will.

I sell the typical mobile nav units, and have access to the high end pioneer in dash units, so my personal choice would be the pioneer if money was no object. If I was looking into more of the navigation without the bling bling (and the ability to remove it from the car to prevent car theft or vandalism) I'd go with a mobile unit like Garmin, TomTom, or something like that.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 04:02 PM

MMCS is AWSOME. Ive been playing with one in the showroom for a few hours. Its incredible on how accurate everything is. Love the music server and the options. Can even play DVDs, talked to you, can hold 1500 songs ect. Def the best value out there
Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Does the MMCS have traffic reports? Something similar to this website that shows how traffic conditions are like: http://www.sigalert.com/map.asp?Regi...er+Los+Angeles

I usually check that website out before going on a long trip on the highways.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Navigation System???