Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.
View Poll Results: Would you buy an Evo X if it came with a bunch of toys and upgraded interior?
Yes. I'm tired of the spartan interior and lack of amenities.
50.39%
No. I'm a purist and would hate to see the Evo X defiled by comfort and convenience options.
49.61%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Would anyone prefer it if the Evo X came with a lot of bells and whistles?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thought they already said it would come with CC
Old May 7, 2007, 09:54 PM

Ill buy it only with the tech package, sun roof, navi, RF sound system,bluetooth. This to me is the perfect EVO.. because of new rules and regulations all cars comming out after 2007 are equipped with bluetooth and side airbags. These are just safety features. Well ill be buying the new evo and pray they'll add in the new 30gb navi with the sound system
Old May 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

i would take a RS Evo X and try to get the navi system! never get lost in miami again! lol last time i got lost... i ended up in lil havana! lol NO MORE with the new navi system!!!
Old May 8, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

I think it should have the bells and whistles as options, but a sparse version should always be available.
Old May 8, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importracerxr
Ill buy it only with the tech package, sun roof, navi, RF sound system,bluetooth. This to me is the perfect EVO.. because of new rules and regulations all cars comming out after 2007 are equipped with bluetooth and side airbags. These are just safety features. Well ill be buying the new evo and pray they'll add in the new 30gb navi with the sound system
Is bluetooth intended to be a safety feature with cell phones? That's pretty funny, because there is research that has shown that talking on a cell phone in any fashion impairs driving as bad or worse than DUI. I think we've all seen or experienced the proof.
Old May 8, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOgasmIX
You "purists" are just going to be pissed when the "bastard Evo" with the DSG and navigation, out shifts your *** and doesn't get lost in the process.
lol!
Old May 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Give me DSG, auto climate, cruise, and a nice stereo. I'll be happy as mud. Nav wouldn't be bad as long as it's not a $2500 option and add 50lbs. to the car's weight.
Old May 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo9
bells and whistles are great, esecially the 4g63 bell and whistle. they ruined it with the motor
i agree
Old May 8, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MyEvoRocksUrv8
i agree
What the hell is wrong with you people? You don't know that. No one has driven the 4B11 in a turbo application. How can you make that judgement? While I love the 4g63, it's a pretty dated motor. Give it some time and reserve your judgment when it actually materializes. YOU especially can't speculate at all on this motor, because you are an amature hobbyist whose knowledge is a mere fraction of that of people in the industry.

Im not saying it's going to be awesome either. My point is you don't know. Nobody does. When we have it in our hands and start pushing it's limits, then we will know.
Old May 10, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sure hope it comes with a moonroof. For some odd reason I refuse to buy a car without one. I really want this car, so it better have one! I think I can get over it though in case it doesn't come as an option.

I can do without the NAV, but I will pay the extra for some comfort and convenience.
Old May 10, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

yes, thats part of the sun and sound package
Old May 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

NAV with some kind of special EVO software to load up into the display to show performance stats, whats going on with the chassis & engine. The whole chassis is wired up why not let us see some of the data!
Of coarse make it an extra package so all guys that buy the evo for your "track car" (yeh we all dont have an extra 40k laying around so some of us want to daily drive it) dont whine too much.
Old May 12, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ru4real
Is bluetooth intended to be a safety feature with cell phones? That's pretty funny, because there is research that has shown that talking on a cell phone in any fashion impairs driving as bad or worse than DUI. I think we've all seen or experienced the proof.
Where is this research of which you speak? Mythbusters? That test isn't very accurate because they didn't simulate real world conditions enough. When I talk on my bluetooth headset and drive, I'm usually paying more attention to the road and losing track of the conversation I'm having.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_what
i completely disagree. the evo/sti has always been marketed toward performance enthusiasts. if you want a luxury-performance car, look toward bmw/audi/mercedes. you have to remember the evo/sti started as RALLY cars...and to stay true to their heritage/customer following, they would avoid these amenities. to introduce all of these luxury items into an evo/sti would be to change its image thereby changing its customer-base. i agree with better quality/appearing aesthetics for the interior, but items such as nav/sat radio etc can be added aftermarket if you really want it. dont make the evo into something its not supposed to be.
-Chris
+1
Old May 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dcorn
Where is this research of which you speak? Mythbusters? That test isn't very accurate because they didn't simulate real world conditions enough. When I talk on my bluetooth headset and drive, I'm usually paying more attention to the road and losing track of the conversation I'm having.
I'm just the messenger. You can search for research on the web. There have been multiple studies that look at accident rates or that have done controlled experiments. I'm not familiar with the Mythbusters simulation.
I try to avoid talking on the phone while driving, or I minimize the length of the call, because my brain is concentrated on driving too. I can barely hold a conversation. It's already crazy enough driving in the Boston-Cambridge-Somerville area because I have to look out for bikes, pedestrians, potholes, motorcycles, taxis, and double-parked cars, in addition to normal traffic.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc...hone-crash.htm
http://guides.library.fullerton.edu/drunk/
http://www.psych.utah.edu/AppliedCog...ssment2003.pdf

Quick Reply: Would anyone prefer it if the Evo X came with a lot of bells and whistles?