Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Alluminum 4B11T

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kobi2002
Honda does not have that warranty and i would drive a honda then a regular mitsu anyday. The only car I would drive from mitsu is the evo. I owed many hondas in my life and never had a problem. But me alone means nothing. look at consumer reports on honda's and toyota's. very high when it comes to reliability. If yo want to look at warr, hyndia also has 10 100 also, but would you own a hyndia? I will wait and see what this new block has to offer. I came from a turboed gsr that was sleeved. And my experience is that if you push aluminum blocks, they will break. So i myself will not speculate on the block. i will wait a few years before i jump into that lake
Well then why dont you go post on a HONDA forum then! U sit here and knock Mitsu on reliability then say i would only drive an EVO Well who in the hell makes an EVO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thats wright MITSUBISHI does. Honda's blow @ss anyways they are the RICIEST OF ALL THE RICERS. Hey look at my civic its got a wing so huge you can use it as a picnic table. At the Winged Warrior event over the weekend i saw a guy with an s2000 that dumped like $7,000 into a turbo and motor and watched him get his @ss kicked on the AUTO-X course by a stock EVO IX and down the 1/4 mile drags to. And NO i wouldn't drive a Hyndia I DRIVE A MITSUBISHI thats why I am posting on this forum. You took what i said completely out of context so take your consumer report and your Honda loving @ss and go find someone else to talk shyt to about mitsu's
Old May 13, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Old May 13, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by show time
Well then why dont you go post on a HONDA forum then! U sit here and knock Mitsu on reliability then say i would only drive an EVO Well who in the hell makes an EVO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thats wright MITSUBISHI does. Honda's blow @ss anyways they are the RICIEST OF ALL THE RICERS. Hey look at my civic its got a wing so huge you can use it as a picnic table. At the Winged Warrior event over the weekend i saw a guy with an s2000 that dumped like $7,000 into a turbo and motor and watched him get his @ss kicked on the AUTO-X course by a stock EVO IX and down the 1/4 mile drags to. And NO i wouldn't drive a Hyndia I DRIVE A MITSUBISHI thats why I am posting on this forum. You took what i said completely out of context so take your consumer report and your Honda loving @ss and go find someone else to talk shyt to about mitsu's
You were missing my point. I was talking about regular street cars not modded cars. I've loved the evo since it came out and saw them before most of you people here in jamaica.It's sounds like you are a fanboy which I am not. I drive honda's because they are good cars for civil duties. As far as race and modding, I go for what is good, and to be honest honda is doing nothing for me right now. The type r did it's thing in the late 90's , but that is the past and honda has nothing for speed right now. But that does not make them styt. I drive an 07 TL type s when I don't feel to get in my evo, but love both cars for what they are. And about this fourm, I don't see anyone talking about the outlander. it's an evo site . I was pointing out that the warr means nothing, that is a sales pitch. Honda only have 4 year and does that make them ****ty compared to mitsu? Honda or toyota can give a 10 100 if they wanted to with no problems but they don't. I did not rag on the fact you love all mitsu's , so don't rag on me for my opinion

Last edited by kobi2002; May 13, 2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: missed letters
Old May 13, 2007, 09:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO

The plastic valve cover comment, I wouldn't streess that much, how many trillions of 4G63 owners have had cracks on their "fancy" aluminium valve cover?, the 10 mil screws snap easily and the valve cover itself cracks and leaks like a siege.

Carlos
I would have typed it myself but why?

Originally Posted by Vigo
The current Evo has a magnesium valve cover.
Old May 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I wish Mitsubishi would have made a 2007 Evo 9.5 with the 4G63T and
MIVEC for the intake and exhaust cams.

An than I woke up.

Old May 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kobi2002
You were missing my point. I was talking about regular street cars not modded cars. I've loved the evo since it came out and saw them before most of you people here in jamaica.It's sounds like you are a fanboy which I am not. I drive honda's because they are good cars for civil duties. As far as race and modding, I go for what is good, and to be honest honda is doing nothing for me right now. The type r did it's thing in the late 90's , but that is the past and honda has nothing for speed right now. But that does not make them styt. I drive an 07 TL type s when I don't feel to get in my evo, but love both cars for what they are. And about this fourm, I don't see anyone talking about the lander. it's an evo site . I was pointing out that the warr means nothing, that is a sales pitch. Honda only have 4 year and does that make them ****ty compared to mitsu? Honda or toyota can give a 10 100 if they wanted to with no problems but they don't. I did not rag on the fact you love all mitsu's , so don't rag on me for my opinion
UUUUUMMMM WRONG again u dont see anybody talking about the na LANCER on this forum?!?!?! This started out as lancerforums .com And if u werent such a newb and actualy searched this forum there is about %50 of it about NA lancers. THIS IS NOT JUST AN EVO FORUM. I T WAS A LANCER FORUM LONG BEFOR IT WAS EVER A LANCER/EVO FORUM. You are intitled to have your own opinion just as long as its not a anti Mitsu one.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

IDIOTS !! how can anyone argue against an aluminum block. it blows my mind. all cars are going that direction, its like *****ing when a engine got fuel injection, or overhead cams. its f@#%in changing with the times you idiots..... now that being said i hope the evo x block is built good, its all about the build design and quality. but just dissin an aluminum block for the f@#k of it is stupid.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kinloch99
IDIOTS !! how can anyone argue against an aluminum block. it blows my mind. all cars are going that direction, its like *****ing when a engine got fuel injection, or overhead cams. its f@#%in changing with the times you idiots..... now that being said i hope the evo x block is built good, its all about the build design and quality. but just dissin an aluminum block for the f@#k of it is stupid.

Go back to sleep.
Old May 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

UUUUUMMMM WRONG again u dont see anybody talking about the na LANCER on this forum?!?!?! This started out as lancerforums .com And if u werent such a newb and actualy searched this forum there is about %50 of it about NA lancers. THIS IS NOT JUST AN EVO FORUM. I T WAS A LANCER FORUM LONG BEFOR IT WAS EVER A LANCER/EVO FORUM. You are intitled to have your own opinion just as long as its not a anti Mitsu one.
Stop! evo/lancer and a outlander are diffrent.Read what I said before you blow yourself up man. Just because I have 3 post, i'm fasr from being a newb. I guess you have a powertrip because you have more post than me. WOOOW! I've been building engines/ na an fi for 10 years now. Although the evo is new to me as far as parts go, I know a thing or two about turbo engines so get over yourself. READ please before you blow up agian, the fact tht this started from your warr statment and you went left with this . Back to what I said, warr is a sales pitch and has nothing to do with if the car is reliable. hyndai has 10 100 and i know more than 10 people that go in for warrantee work more than I change my oil in one year. The way how the evo is built most if not all mitsu's are not built the same way. is it that mitsu almost went chap 11?? I will not argue no more about mitsu and there other cars, i have an evo, I do not drive a galant. And back to the topic about the alum block. I myself will not speculate, I will wait before i go x. Mitsu is taking big steps and things need to work before I turn into a guinea pig.
Old May 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

And since i'm a newb, this pic was taken in 99. I helped put that car together even though I knew nothing about evo's when it came in half from japan. I don't know who has it know but that thing was nice. I'm done with this back and forth with you. I hope the new X will be better than the current IX. That is all I can say

Last edited by kobi2002; May 13, 2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: pic
Old May 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled

Relax, maaaan...and stop being a psycotic faaanboooi...You need to take some zyprexa buddy...He he he...

Last edited by Vigo; May 13, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old May 13, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Hi ! About the Topic: Aluminum block is better because it cools faster, and is lighter in weight, vs. Iron blocks where at first is slower to warm up, but then begins to retains heat longer, therefore longer heat dissipation and intern task the Cooling system more which generate more fan circulations which uses more electrical power that uses power. The end result is not much to calculate when its a EVO! Good topic u - all !
Old May 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

This might be tough to swallow, but Honda does make better motors than Mitsu.

Compare a K20 to a 4G63, K20 is superior in every way.

Comparing reliability, you wouldn't get much of a fight from Evo owners if you said Honda's were better.

Just cause some of the people that own Honda's make bad decisions mod wise, doesn't mean Honda's are the "RICIEST OF ALL RICERS" whatever that means...

Doesn't Mitsu make a car with a big wing?

I've seen guys driving modded Evo's get beat on an autocross track by stock Honda's, but what does that prove? Nothing..

I love my Evo, and wouldn't trade it for anything short of a Porsche, Ferrari etc.. But your argument's are asinine.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:24 PM

How do you define rice? Do you realize that it's people who make car look like rice, not the company. Yeah, lets call Honda a ricemobile because some idiot decided to put a huge wing on his civic. Chill out man, you drive and Evo, you love your car and that's all it should matter.
Old May 13, 2007, 09:34 PM

Since the aluminum block will be better at removing heat, I was always curious why car makers haven't found something useful to do with that heat removed besides heat the passengers when it's cold.

Just put your hands anywhere near most of the parts on an engine after it's warmed up -hot isn't it?

I am always amazed at how much heat (energy) is wasted in car engines.

Quick Reply: Alluminum 4B11T