Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X: Less Than 300 BHP!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Until we see true dyno numbers, who cares what it is rated? Just like the Evo IX, it could be underrated from the factory. The evo X's 300hp might be the same as the SRT4's 230, which is to say more like 330-340.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Wah. Did you guys cry when the IX went up 5hp from the VIII? Maybe they are gonna go up 5hp every generation? Just buy the thing and slap a GT35R on it like everyone did the current Evo.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

its probably gonna be underrated like the ix , lots of cars lately have been underrated like the cobalt ss and the mazdaspeed 3 so who knows
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:52 AM
Account Disabled

I don't like the way that back end looks, its got a fat a$$. Hopefully the performance makes up for that!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's funny how the "we just want facts" camp is getting mad at the "we want more HP" camp.

The magazine knows the number, they have the car. If they say it's just a tad under 300bhp, than it more than likely is. Those that are saying "wait for a factual thingie" just don't want to accept it.

Then again there's a point to be made....the EVO 9 was rated at 286/289 bhp/tq, right? Which means the car was around 240 at the wheels on average. This new EVO--regardless of whether it's 300 or 299...will have more HP than the previous generation stock, and more interior amenities, and hopefully a better interior build quality. The new front end and interior is growing on me now. I agree with those that say the back end is ugly--it's a carbon copy of a few other models out now.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kikazzdrummer88
its probably gonna be underrated like the ix , lots of cars lately have been underrated like the cobalt ss and the mazdaspeed 3 so who knows
except the STi which was overrated in terms of there hp ratings
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRevo2006
The magazine knows the number, they have the car.
They don't have the car. Those are spy photos from the ring. Nobody has their hands on an X except for Mitsu's testers. There's no way they are going to give the finished product to anybody until the official unveiling.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Draco-REX
The Evo X will hit showroom floors with six-pot calipers in the front and magneto-fluid dampers at each corner.

See? I can write "facts" too.

Frankly, until the official specs are released, this is just as much speculation as everything else. For now, I see no reason for Mitsu to stop at 300hp.
You're comparing your integrity to C&D's? Whose gonna know more about a new car that's so close to it's debut? You or a reputable magazine? Also, I know you were just BS'ing there about the calipers and dampers, but look at that car on the 'Ring. It has 4-pots in the front and 2-pots in the back. No such dampers on this car. MMNA has already confirmed this.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
You're comparing your integrity to C&D's? Whose gonna know more about a new car that's so close to it's debut? You or a reputable magazine? Also, I know you were just BS'ing there about the calipers and dampers, but look at that car on the 'Ring. It has 4-pots in the front and 2-pots in the back. No such dampers on this car. MMNA has already confirmed this.
I was just pointing out that anyone can write a statement that 'sounds' like fact. It doesn't mean you should take it as fact. As I said before, without the official specs, I see many reasons why the X will be over 300hp. And I think the C&D statement should be taken as speculation, not fact.

It kinda of worries me that so many Evo *Enthusiasts* seem to want the X to fail. I'm coming from the Subaru camp, and honestly, I HATE the new body style. But I still hope that the new STI will be better than ever in performance.

I wonder if the people hating on the X and trying to pick it apart understand that if the X fails in the US, Mitsu will pull it from the lineup. There will be no Evo XI in the US if the X fails. Mitsu can't afford to have a losing car on its hands.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, look at what they did with the eclipse. They still could not recover. The Evo X will be a great car, no doubt, but things were taken away that just isn't Evo like anymore. Automatic??? GPS navigation system??? I want all power, no radio, no A/C, no power anything, etc. that is raw and that is the Evo! Not what they're bringing out. And don't forgot, "just under 300 hp" will probably perform just like the IX stock. Don't forget the X added some LBS.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Draco-REX
I was just pointing out that anyone can write a statement that 'sounds' like fact. It doesn't mean you should take it as fact. As I said before, without the official specs, I see many reasons why the X will be over 300hp. And I think the C&D statement should be taken as speculation, not fact.

It kinda of worries me that so many Evo *Enthusiasts* seem to want the X to fail. I'm coming from the Subaru camp, and honestly, I HATE the new body style. But I still hope that the new STI will be better than ever in performance.

I wonder if the people hating on the X and trying to pick it apart understand that if the X fails in the US, Mitsu will pull it from the lineup. There will be no Evo XI in the US if the X fails. Mitsu can't afford to have a losing car on its hands.
The X will not fail in the US. It's being marketed to attract folks that know nothing about the Evo. Heck, everyone and their grandmother will be able to drive the X because it will be offered with an auto. Now, if MMNA wouldn't dilute the next Evo and keep it as raw as ever, then they wouldn't make as much money and maybe be faced with pulling it from the lineup.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Also, remember there's advertised HP and actual HP. Everyone should know already that the IX is more in the range of 310-320. Cars are underrated all the time. I don't want the X to fail, either. I do know one thing, however: Mitsubishi can't please everybody like they're trying to.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Yeah, look at what they did with the eclipse. They still could not recover. The Evo X will be a great car, no doubt, but things were taken away that just isn't Evo like anymore. Automatic??? GPS navigation system??? I want all power, no radio, no A/C, no power anything, etc. that is raw and that is the Evo! Not what they're bringing out. And don't forgot, "just under 300 hp" will probably perform just like the IX stock. Don't forget the X added some LBS.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the dumber the Eclipse got, the more units it sold. Anyhow, I think most of us are crossing our fingers that they sell an RS version.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
*drifting further off topic*
What Mitsu, Subie, and other manufacturers need to do is what the Big Three did during the muscle car era. Along with the option code to add features, there wer eoptions codes to *delete* features. That way, people could remove the luxury featuers they don't want, and end up with a stripped-down track car.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Who gives a crap if it makes 295HP or so instead of 300HP? Its not going to have much of an effect on acceleration.

Quick Reply: Evo X: Less Than 300 BHP!