Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X: Less Than 300 BHP!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet it is underrated, if in fact this rumor holds any truth. Also, honestly, who cares?? A lot of us mod our cars pretty heavily. What is an extra little hp from the factory going to do? Just my .02.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hopefully its as under-rated as the IX's were
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Let's see here, C&D didn't even take those photos, those were taken by KGP, C&D mentions that it has driven the yellow test mule back in 2006 (just like most of the other car magazines) but it didn't admit that it has driven the new test mule (at least not in the article) but yet somehow they know the HP ratings. Hmmmm, to me it sounds like they wanna be the first to report the news even if it's not news but pure speculation. I am more than sure that if there were official numbers leaked somwhere, websites such as autoblog, leftlanenews, or egmcartech would be first to report it. I think C&D is full of it and just wants hits as they know it's a hot little car and a lot of people are interested in it.

Anyway, I'll wait for Mitsubishi to unveil the official numbers in September.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Anyway, I'll wait for Mitsubishi to unveil the official numbers in September.
i thought it was october?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

i believe it will be rated at or under 300 like they say. it only helps insurance. but i think with a tune and bc it may hit nearly 375-400 engine hp
Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

This isnt the 1st evo to be offered as automatic either, I believe the VI or VII had an automatic option. And Im sure it is underrated just like the 08 Lancer.
Edit: It was the VII that had an automatic option it was known as the GT-a.

Last edited by angryGTS; Jul 6, 2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

The '08 Lancer is a slouch. Its specified 152 horses felt about right. I test drove a manual equipped car and I was not impressed with its acceleration, but that's neither here nor there. Back on topic, that VII auto wasn't offered here in the States. I honestly don't know what your point is, as no one said it was the first Evo ever to be offered with an auto.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Jul 6, 2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

actually someone did whine about an automatic option, and of course the 08 is gonna feel like a slouch compared to an evo IX and it is underrated it dynoed at 143hp at the wheels and there is no way it is only losing 9hp
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by viper_u27
i thought it was october?
There are two major auto shows in the fall. In September I believe it is in Frankfurt, and in October, Tokyo. I guess the japanese automakers usually wait until the Tokyo show to unveil their latest cars. However, the Nissan GT-R is scheduled to be revealed at the Tokyo Auto Show. So a lot of 'experts' are saying that it's likely Mitsu will unveil the official Evo X in Frankfurt so that it won't be overshadowed by the GT-R. I also think that it will be shown in September since Subaru is releasing a new car as well, and I don't think Mitsu would want to be upstaged.

I'll bet we'll see the official release of the Evo X *and* the STI at the Frankfurt show in September.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Kinloch99, that is one funny avatar you have there.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Long story short--there's optimists (who are obviously jonesing for the car) and there are skeptics (who aren't so sure about the new setup).

Neither side really has a valid argument to be honest--it's just speculation. I hope the car is as good as they say it will be....
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Well then agian the RX8 was this supposidly this monster stock... when in it really was a ***** car with good balance, I think Mitsu wouldnt do that but you never know...

I do agree the new evo looks too much like the reg lancer, it needs something dif but I think the new head design and couple other things will lead this to being a great mod friendly car. i just will never buy a 1st year, Ill wait til they get all the kinks out
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:57 PM

I don't think that people realize what a difference the semi-auto could make in the performance department. Depending on how quick it shifts, it could mean posting some quick times. If you think about it, the Ferrari's gearboxes shift in a matter of milliseconds, and if the new Evo has the CVT as I've read, it could mean almost non-existent shift times. If you think about it, how much time do you spend in between gears (meaning fully disengauged clutch)?

Also, I understand that this itteration is getting the S-AYC (Super Active Yaw Control), which, from what I've seen on TopGear, is a pretty impressive piece of traction control computer. Faster into and out of the corners... freakin cool...

Just my 2 psi.

Last edited by adamweldonjohns; Jul 6, 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adamweldonjohns
, and if the new Evo has the CVT as I've read
Not CVT, but a tranny the same as VW's DSG. A CVT uses variable pulleys and a belt to get a constantly variable gear ratio. But it tends to feet sluggish at starts and can't hold a lot of power. Also a CVT still uses a Torque Converter.

A DSG uses two clutches and two input shafts. One clutch and shaft are for Odd numbered gears, the other for even. So when you launch in 1st gear, 2nd is already engaged. When you shift, it just releases the odd clutch and engages the even. That makes for incredible shift times.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Man that would be pathetic if it was under 300hp. Sooo theyd add like 10hp over a 9 and add 200lbs... hmm good one Mitsu. Hope for the sake of MMNA its not true or theyre in for some trouble. That would be a MAJOR turnoff.

Quick Reply: Evo X: Less Than 300 BHP!