Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X brochure (japanese)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fusionchicken
in this day and age they're still stuffing an 2008 performance car with a FIVE speed manual transmission.....i weep.
I agree with you. However, it is still a transverse mounted engine. You have to cram that transmission in there somewhere since you don't have a transmission tunnel for a proper sized one. If there were reliability issues for the MR's 6-speed, it might be that the gears are starting to get too thin. If that's the case, the X's increased Torque would probably make that problem worse.

Though, knowing my luck, they are just saving the 6-speed for a MR trimline to be introduced the second year of production. :P There's no way I can wait for a second year to get a new car. :P
Old Aug 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that the high performance package includes a two piece racing rotor, bilstein susp. and ADVAN A13A instead of the A13C.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 06:58 PM

Am I the only one that noticed the Ralliart parts?! The lip kit on Page 26 of the scan is siiick and it looks amazing in white! Can't wait for this car...
Old Aug 24, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

The Galant Fortis (JDM Lancer) has 7 airbags in it stock, so I am sure the Evo will also. That should mean there will be little if any difference in weight for the US version. Possibly a little thicker glass and maybe different cats, but that should be it. The regulations overseas are catching up with the US stuff quickly.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

no more timing belt that breaks!!
Old Aug 24, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

nice find, thanks for sharing
Old Aug 24, 2007, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

HA HA HA!!!!! the X is not even out yet and it has ralliart options already......looks like a stunner!!!!!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 06:19 AM

Woah that looks sweet.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

The X looks like it will live up to the hype.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mtags24
Looks like they are going to keep the trim packages very similar. I really wish someone could translate because I want the MR Evo X but not with the auto-manual; I want the pure manual. I saw the RS comes with no wing and 5spd. It looked like for the MR they still do the BBS wheels, slightly different body styling, new shift knob, different suspension, and it looked like interior LED accent lighting. The car looks great good find!
Originally Posted by mtags24
Same here! I'm thinking of getting a 5spd gsr and "building" an MR by transplanting parts if it seems worth it. I've always loved the MR edition. Maybe they'll have a custom option where you can wait longer and build your own custom evo. But then again...that would ruin the concept of trim levels
I don't think this will be a problem. Looking at the brochure, it's done with packages.

So pick the GSR 5 M/T, and add the "Performance Package" to get the BBS rims, Tow-piece rotors (and maybe a suspension upgrade), or get the "Premium Package" which seems to include the Performance Package, plus the Leather seat trim, flashier front bumper, and other options.

It doesn't look like you have to have the GST SST to get the Performance or Premium packages.

One thing I'm curious about is the Performance package. In the Leaked video we saw an Evo with a wing, that had No radio and No cruise control, but had the SST and BBS rims. I wonder if the Performance package (without the Premium package) deletes those features. If so, between the weght savings from the BBS rims (3.4kg each corner if I read it right), the two-piece rotors, and the feature deletes, you might get a GSR 5M/T down to MR weight, maybe lower.

However, this really is all *STILL* speculation until we see what the USDM X will offer. But it's looking good so far.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Going thru the brochure, I did notice one thing that somewhat upsets me. For the SST tranny option, the console lever to shift the gears shows that to shift up, you 'push' the stick forward and to shift down you 'pull' the stick back. Wish they'd stuck with the traditional pull back to shift up and push forward to shift down. Oh well, I'll just use the paddles if I do get the car with the SST option.

EDIT: oops, I was looking at the SST mode lever. looks like they used the traditional sequential patten woohoo!

Last edited by evo_z; Aug 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

The scan is small but to me it looks like the RS will get "standard" seats, they didnt look like Recaro's to me, but that maybe just me
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by angryGTS
The scan is small but to me it looks like the RS will get "standard" seats, they didnt look like Recaro's to me, but that maybe just me
I noticed that also. As long as they compensate with a much lower MSRP, I actually hope that is the case. I planned on replacing the seats with some one piece racing buckets anyway.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

X Ftw!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Seats look remind me of Bride's Cugas.

Loving the Ralliart Options

I also love how they showed the turbine blade geometry change.

Quick Reply: Evo X brochure (japanese)