Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X brochure (japanese)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here a MLR member? I pmed the guy (DaveG) who posted the scanned brochur on LancerRegister. He told me the HIGH Res copies are in this link www.lancerregister.com/art_article.php?id=122 but you have to be a paid member to view. its 35Euro's, what is that like 50 bucks in dollars or someting?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by angryGTS
The scan is small but to me it looks like the RS will get "standard" seats, they didnt look like Recaro's to me, but that maybe just me
The JDM RS has never had Recaro's. Historically the JDM RS also had 15" steel wheels and small brakes (not Brembo). The rationale was that these cars would be the basis for track or rally machines - owners would replace the production car items with race seats, wheels, and brakes . The US market RS was never so hardcore.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by s2000sc
The JDM RS has never had Recaro's. Historically the JDM RS also had 15" steel wheels and small brakes (not Brembo). The rationale was that these cars would be the basis for track or rally machines - owners would replace the production car items with race seats, wheels, and brakes . The US market RS was never so hardcore.
my evo is a jdm rs evo8 and yes the A/C,front recaro seats electric windows,electric ext mirrors,brembo brakes and 17inch wheels where optional
Old Aug 25, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up very impressive

hi everyone!
this is my 1st post here and i want to tell everyone that i have been in love with this car. I love the new roundish look rather than squarish looks and i want to give mitsu for bringing this evoX. I will trade my brand new si sedan by the end of 2008 and hopefully have a silver color 5MT evoX. I love it so much that i brwose all those japnese browsers just to understand even a little bit

would brembo brakes and BBS wheels come with a regular 5MT evo?
thanks
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
hi everyone!
this is my 1st post here and i want to tell everyone that i have been in love with this car. I love the new roundish look rather than squarish looks and i want to give mitsu for bringing this evoX. I will trade my brand new si sedan by the end of 2008 and hopefully have a silver color 5MT evoX. I love it so much that i brwose all those japnese browsers just to understand even a little bit

would brembo brakes and BBS wheels come with a regular 5MT evo?
thanks
The brakes, yes. But the BBS rims appear to be part of the Performance Package (Which includes better rotors).
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:18 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Awesome! I don't see the two piece cross drilled rotors
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dosagex
Anyone here a MLR member? I pmed the guy (DaveG) who posted the scanned brochur on LancerRegister. He told me the HIGH Res copies are in this link www.lancerregister.com/art_article.php?id=122 but you have to be a paid member to view. its 35Euro's, what is that like 50 bucks in dollars or someting?
Almost....35 EUR = 47.57 USD @ current exchange rates.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtr
Awesome! I don't see the two piece cross drilled rotors
Page 18, at the bottom. They don't appear to be cross drilled, but they are two-piece and vaned.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

I heard that you can opt for a manual six speed prolly like a mr package on a 9 I don't want the sst tranny either.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 09:54 PM

As an auto magazine journalist, I was fortunate to see the unveiling of the Evo X and its gonna be a killer machine. I spoke with the designers of the Evo X and they say it will be unrivaled and the new STI isn't ready for this new model. I was lucky enough to test drive the prototype in Japan last year and be prepared to either trade in your 8 or 9 or possibly garage it. This Evo X wil revolutionize the tuner world. You'll see.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:21 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Panama
As an auto magazine journalist, I was fortunate to see the unveiling of the Evo X and its gonna be a killer machine. I spoke with the designers of the Evo X and they say it will be unrivaled and the new STI isn't ready for this new model. I was lucky enough to test drive the prototype in Japan last year and be prepared to either trade in your 8 or 9 or possibly garage it. This Evo X wil revolutionize the tuner world. You'll see.
If you really did drive it how was the weight compared to the IX? The reason I have not ordered already is because i'm going to wait for the comment about the DSC. The largest concern I have would be the weight.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:30 AM
Evolved Member

Im impressed with the torque of the engine.

422NM @ 3500 rpm thats a lot of torq for a stock 2.0l engine !

the current euro spec Evo 9 has only 355NM @ 3500 rpm!
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Draco-REX
One thing I'm curious about is the Performance package. In the Leaked video we saw an Evo with a wing, that had No radio and No cruise control, but had the SST and BBS rims. I wonder if the Performance package (without the Premium package) deletes those features. If so, between the weght savings from the BBS rims (3.4kg each corner if I read it right), the two-piece rotors, and the feature deletes, you might get a GSR 5M/T down to MR weight, maybe lower.
\

Can't be 3.4kg per corner, thats 7.5 lbs per wheel. Unless they just aren't trying at all to makes the stock rims lights so that way it makes the upgraded wheels look that much better. I think its more reasonable to assume 7.5 lbs total which would be almost 2 lbs per corner. If I am not mistaken the IX wheels weigh 20.19 for the enkeis and 17.75 for the BBS which is a weight difference of 2.44 lbs per wheel.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

I read that a GSR will weigh 1540kg = 3390 lbs, so its gonna be a little bit heavier.
The other thing I saw in that brochure was what looked like 3 suspension settings. Normal, Sport, Super Sport.

I only wonder how much of this stuff will be available to US market.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
The other thing I saw in that brochure was what looked like 3 suspension settings. Normal, Sport, Super Sport.
Those are shift modes for the SST transmission. We're not sure if they will effect the manual shifting of the SST.

Quick Reply: Evo X brochure (japanese)