Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was the same way for awhile after the k20 was introduced. die hard b18 fans stuck true until the k20 proved how powerful it was created to be. 4b series is bound to do the same, lighter block with same power capabilities. Only thing I can't stand is had to go gay with a 6-speed auto...

Hyundai has come an incredibly long way from their half a** 90's models and are proving themselves to be a formidable manufacturer. I think Mitsubishi did a smart move partnering up with them. I think the new Hyundai's are extremely well made especially for the price. The Genesis has already proven to be a capable drifter with little modifications. I'm sure the 4b series is going to become the K series.

Good call Jedi, not everything you had said was pin point but for a 2 year jump on information you got pretty damn close.

Now if slapped a 6-speed standard onto the X we'll be talking business .
I say give it another year for the aftermarket companies to get their hands dirty with this 4b11t and I'm sure we'll see some amazing things happen with this block.
Old May 6, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Comparing these two engines was only feasable because niether one was out yet. To continue to do so is retarded.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:50 AM

The 4B engines are a production of crysler, hyundai and mitsu, but the hyundai rwd engine is a open deck,while the evo is a semi-closed deck, also the oilpump, zyinder head and crankshaft not different.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:59 AM
DsB

yea, i read a review about the genesis coup and its supposed to be pretty badass, and have nearly the EXACT engine as the X. so yea, the guy that posted above me is absolutly correct
Old May 17, 2009, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Your not trying to claim any fame or notoriety? Why then bring a thread up thats from 2007?

That was your original claim, which is false. Hyundai did the block, that is about it. So, in reality, you brought up something from a year and a half ago to show you were wrong? Well done...

Very good one!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:02 AM

if u look into the history of Hyundai/Mitsu,, there were mitsu motors in earlier models of there elantras. they have always been partnered together.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

yes .. and the guy who makes mah sushi is Korean.

~j.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:34 AM
XRS
Evolving Member

YAY, GEMA is offically dissolved. Chrysler is out, but still plan on using the GEMA motor (how this is possible I don't know). Mitsu and Hyundai, no official statement yet on their course of action that I could find at the moment. I prefer Mitsu and Hyundai together on this and Chrysler out. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125259853442199965.html
Old Sep 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously this has been old news to me since the X came out. Think about it, the X came around a time when a significant shift was taking place in the emissions and safety regulations of vehicles sold to the public. Besides being bloated with sound deadening materials, safety features, and other non-sense (previous EVO owners might be willing to say that even the incorporation of cruise control to the EVO is a testament to the EVO's evolution from a go-kart racer disguisted as a econo box, to a more thrilling sedan design, blurred by it's recent weight gain and softer feel), the new generation(s) of EVOs will likely leave stranded their loyal followers, and well, begin to the live up to the stigma/meaning of it's name: Evolution; to evolve; to change.

I honestly don't think it was good timing for Mitsubishi to take the EVO beyond what previous generations were; it would have been incredibly costly for the car maker to completely build up a brand new engine, when Hyundia was already planning to do the same for their up and coming Genesis Coupe. It's kinda like how most Chrysler vehicles share underpinnings of old generations of Mercedes', one could say that until massive design changes are made to the current Chrysler lineup, they're essentially re-badged Benz's with some exceptions. The irony in Chrysler is that even a company as reputable as Mercedes Benz could not turn a profit from the American company. I suppose a multi billion dollar injections from the Fed will change that (Daimler Benz initially purchased the company for BILLIONS, and now the company is worth just less than 1 billion).