Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kinloch99
dumb post, rewrite when u have the specs
Just because my post doesn't give you 100% the information you desired doesn't give you the right or lack of respect to call my post dumb.

I'm here to tell you that the engine is designed and built by Hyundai engineers, I'm also telling you that the new tiberon will have this same engine as told by my source. I'll decide to post specific engine specs when that information is available to me.

I'm posting facts.. not rumors about information that I believe nobody was aware of.

I swear, sometimes I hate that the Evo has become too affordable.. Everyday I see some of the most ignorant posts written by very young and immature individuals. I'm 30 years old, I don't have time to argue with you. This is the information I am offering you if you don't like it.. then be like the rest of the individuals and view and go to another thread.. If you would like more information, then ask like a gentleman and request for me to try to obtain more information if possible.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WheelGap
From http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

And from: http://www.automotive.com/features/9...768/index.html

So engineering contribution was provided by both MMC and DCX. Your buddy makes it sound like Hyundai developed the engine independently, which according to every source but him/her, is not true.
Good Stuff
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
Just because my post doesn't give you 100% the information you desired doesn't give you the right or lack of respect to call my post dumb.

I'm here to tell you that the engine is designed and built by Hyundai engineers, I'm also telling you that the new tiberon will have this same engine as told by my source. I'll decide to post specific engine specs when that information is available to me.

I'm posting facts.. not rumors about information that I believe nobody was aware of.

I swear, sometimes I hate that the Evo has become too affordable.. Everyday I see some of the most ignorant posts written by very young and immature individuals. I'm 30 years old, I don't have time to argue with you. This is the information I am offering you if you don't like it.. then be like the rest of the individuals and view and go to another thread.. If you would like more information, then ask like a gentleman and request for me to try to obtain more information if possible.
you're 30 years old, and you're acting all butt hurt?
we have the facts, and you're source is embellishing just a little bit.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
As long as the new engine is as stout as the 4g63 It should be fine. Its already got dual mivec, it's lighter weight and making more horsepower. I think as long as they build it with room so support some mild to heavy mods people will be saying "4gwhat?" in no time. Only time will tell. Definately not diggin the idea of havin the turbo on the back though. Gonna make for irritating turbo kit installs. Though they did say that it will have relatively more room to fit an aftermarket kit. We'll see I guess, its all speculation until it come out.
i agree w/ everything except the "4gwhat?" part..... the 4g63 is def. one of the best 4cyl engines ever made.... imho, its THE BEST ever so far.. but that is simply MY OPINION... haha you look at a 4g63 sideways and it will make more power... also i duno why everyones so worried... we're talkin about multi-million probably billion dollar companies developing an engine... im sure theyre all aware of the strong aftermarket for the Evo.. they know the care is raced(obviously) and beat on.. and im sure they took all that into consideration when building an engine.. and the Evo has only gotten better since day 1.. so im sure the X will not dissapoint...

Last edited by DSMorBUST; Sep 17, 2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:21 PM
Account Disabled

This is one of the dumbest threads in Evo M history.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

First off the only information the original poster provides is that Evo X will have the same World Engine as Hyundai. While it has been already known for the past 2 years that supposedly the basic block has been indeed designed by Hyundai, rest of the components is pretty much each individual partners own design. So not only is the original poster providing only one bit of information but also the one bit he provides is basically half-right. You can be more than sure that Evo X will not have the exact same engine as any other World Engine partner car.

Titling this post "Never Released!!!! - EVO X Engine Information" I would think that someone finally had their hands on official US power figures and not this BS. The original poster should work on eBay advertising and getting hits and not post garbage such as this.

Just do yourself a favor and google world engine, it will have more information than your "Hyundai Engineer" source. Another vote for dumbest post ever

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; Sep 17, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Putting on a lot of air for very little info. Silly.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

screwwww the Evo X ill whoop it lol j/k nice car but retarted that it isnt a 4g
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

it wont be simply made by hyundai... it will share the design but its by no means an evo engine in a hyundai tiburon thinking. they announce it will share the same block and even some engineers jump on the idea its the SAME... hehe
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vigo
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

i'm sure mitsu engineers refined it for more boost etc. doesn't matter who makes it as long as it puts down high whp +rev a lot easier
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

I suppose no car manufacturer can really get away with keeping the same engine base forever. It's amazing and speaks volumes that the 4G63 powered threw for so long from it's inception back in 1991. Like many have said, this info is on the right track but not quite there. The world engine will indeed be very different for every car it's in and that goes for the Evo X as well. However, I would like to know who is going to be the lucky bastard that is going to start the first slew of 4G63 swaps into the Evo X BR, AMS, Megan, Mine's, Top Secret... guys... I'm look in your general direction
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

F@#K Hyundais, and if Mitsubishi wants to be down with them, then F@#K them too!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
I think as long as they build it with room so support some mild to heavy mods people will be saying "4gwhat?" in no time.
Please have more respect for the 4G63.

Last edited by browneyd_1; Sep 17, 2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vigo
Once again, in complete argeement with you.

Quick Reply: Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.