Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Who cares if it is built by Hyundai? As long as it goes fast, makes good power and doesn't blow up in my face its good. It is a lot better than a V6 that makes >170 HP
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:29 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
before we forget, hyundai is still partly owned by mitsubishi. the "hyundai" engineers could just be the mitsubishi engineers doing the world engine
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackygor
i don't really care what company makes the engine, as long as the engine doesn't disappoint.
+1
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
i agree w/ everything except the "4gwhat?" part..... the 4g63 is def. one of the best 4cyl engines ever made.... imho, its THE BEST ever so far.. but that is simply MY OPINION... haha you look at a 4g63 sideways and it will make more power... also i duno why everyones so worried... we're talkin about multi-million probably billion dollar companies developing an engine... im sure theyre all aware of the strong aftermarket for the Evo.. they know the care is raced(obviously) and beat on.. and im sure they took all that into consideration when building an engine.. and the Evo has only gotten better since day 1.. so im sure the X will not dissapoint...
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not by any means sayin that the 4g63 is not an outstanding engine. I'm well aware of the benchmarks its set for its class. It was an iron block engine, strong bottom end, great turbo for its power range, good flowing head, it is just a great engine. My point is that with the new engine having the new features and technology, it should be all around better as long as they don't compromise the structural integrity and leave plenty of room for accepting power mods.
I guess what I meant to say was that the new engine SHOULD be good enough to have tuners and builders motivated to focus on pushing its limits rather than saying, "yea, nice engine guys, but we still like the 4g63 better."

Originally Posted by browneyd_1
Please have more respect for the 4G63.
Lighten up buddy
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

you guys should know that mitsubishi is not what used to be. Mitsubishi's reputation has went down to the ground. Check out sales on mitsubishi and resale values. Also do you see new 06-07 mitsubishi around? no.
btw hyundai's reputation went up really high.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nongan
world engine in tiburon - WOW
world engine in evo - Limp S**T'

evo X is just S**T

evo IX had exlusive mitsu designed engine specifically
milled and tuned for evo. Why did mitsu deviate so much
from the past for the X?
Just check out how "exclusive" 4g63 really was/is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4g63

Anyway, companies share engines to reduce costs. In Evo X case, the only thing that it will share with Tiburon engine wise is the basic block design, rest of the internals will be exclusive/designed by Mitsubishi. So a 2.0 turbo world engine from Hyundai will have different specs/strength than a 2.0 turbo engine from Mitsubishi.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:00 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by joon82
Also do you see new 06-07 mitsubishi around? no.
06 and 07? yup there is a resurgence of mitsubishi vehicles as they know they are reliable. consumer reports even rated the galant and eclipses as best value! I think even the outlander!

the reputation of hyundai? numbers speak louder because they can be obtained very cheaply who are proud owners of a "new" vehicle.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
I recently met a friend who works for Hyundai as an engineer. We were talking about different cars and the topic of the Evo X came up.

He asked me what I thought about it, and I told him that I liked the style but I wasn't too sure about how powerful the new engine would be.

He then dropped the bomb on me. He said, "Well you do know that the new engine is built entirely by Hyundai"? I told him that I knew that it was a joint venture between different car manufacturers but he then said No.. The new engine is ENTIRELY designed and built by Hyundai Engineers.

He also told me some interesting information that there will be releasing a new Tiberon that will also have this same engine. He also noted that it's going to be really nice and designed similar to at G37. It will be RWD.

Just for the record I never post unless I feel this is concrete and factual information. When it becomes more open knowledge to the public just know you heard it here first.
no, it's not.
cheers
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
06 and 07? yup there is a resurgence of mitsubishi vehicles as they know they are reliable. consumer reports even rated the galant and eclipses as best value! I think even the outlander!

the reputation of hyundai? numbers speak louder because they can be obtained very cheaply who are proud owners of a "new" vehicle.
I was gonna say about the same thing. Lets also not forget that hyundai and mitsu offer some of the best warranties on their cars. So really, what does an average consumer care when it comes to reliablility. They're getting their car fixed for 5 years/60k bumper to bumper and 10 years/100k powertrain. To your average consumer, would the badge on the front really matter that much with those warranties?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ksuchewie
So your new "friend" who is an engineer knows everything about Mitsu and Hyundai? He wouldn't be embellishing at all or be saying anything he doesn't know is 100% true? You know there are tons of people out there that work for mitsu dealers and if you ask 10 of them when the evo X is comming out you will get 10 different answers. You say you are posting facts, but you have nothing in writing or proof to prove your so called facts. What you are posting is complete heresay and is not factual or proveable.
You have a valid point in believing that a person who is an engineer and works for Hyundai might not have any insider information on the EVO X. However this person does not work for a dealership, he works directly for the Hyundai Headquarters and lives in California. He is actually directly designing the new Tiberon and through this connection he leaked to me the information that it will share the same engine as the Evo X. I'm just passing information to the EvoM community about what I learned.. You guys could either believe me or not, I'm not trying to bash nor praise the Evo X. I'm just sharing what I was told from a very insider source.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very inside info, source, believe it or leave it, blah blah blah.
Where is the spec, you *****?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

well if it is true, im glad i got my 8 lol. hyndai are cheap lil cars made for the cheapskate who doesnt want a real car. i pity you people who buy this new evo.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

hyundais aren't "cheap" anymore, sheesh. just inexpensive. as if mitsubishi's are considered really nice? there's a reason why mitsu can't charge a high premium on the evo. mitsu's are also "inexpensive," too, you know. they don't have the brand name equity that more luxurious brands hold.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

I call BS. This just seems like this guy from Hyundai is trying to talk up his company. They may be sharing the same 2.0 base engine design but I highly doubt that they are the ones who fully built the engine for Mitsu to put in the Evo X. Is it just me or does that sound stupid. Just think about it, why would Mitsu put an engine in the new EVO X, their halo car, that's FULLY designed by Hyundai? Doesn't make sense to me. I'm pretty confident that Mitsu has their own engineers that would work on the engine for the new Evo X but maybe I'm just crazy.
Also there have been way too many threads with "...info from some guy I know that works for company "x" that just installed the 4b11t into the new EVO X himself just 5 minutes ago, right before he leaked this info to me to go post on this form...".
Next time I see a new thread about the X, I hope it's with some real facts from Mitsubishi.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joon82
you guys should know that mitsubishi is not what used to be. Mitsubishi's reputation has went down to the ground. Check out sales on mitsubishi and resale values. Also do you see new 06-07 mitsubishi around? no.
ok slowdown...i actually seen more outlanders than i ever thought i would. I also see the new eclipse fairly often and the galant is also very popular... Oh and lets not forget the new lancer! they are selling like hot cakes from what it looks like to me. I'd say that they are doing better then before

Quick Reply: Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.