Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
I recently met a friend who works for Hyundai as an engineer. We were talking about different cars and the topic of the Evo X came up.

He asked me what I thought about it, and I told him that I liked the style but I wasn't too sure about how powerful the new engine would be.

He then dropped the bomb on me. He said, "Well you do know that the new engine is built entirely by Hyundai"? I told him that I knew that it was a joint venture between different car manufacturers but he then said No.. The new engine is ENTIRELY designed and built by Hyundai Engineers.

He also told me some interesting information that there will be releasing a new Tiberon that will also have this same engine. He also noted that it's going to be really nice and designed similar to at G37. It will be RWD.

Just for the record I never post unless I feel this is concrete and factual information. When it becomes more open knowledge to the public just know you heard it here first.

its a sad day in the evo world...****in hyundai
Old Sep 21, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jackygor
I like it, can't wait until it comes out.

See, why can't nissan or toyota come out with this (sooner)?
What dropping a hyundai engine into their cars?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EV0lved
its a sad day in the evo world...****in hyundai
You actually believe that bull****?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just more info that Hyundai did in fact 100% Design this Engine..

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

It says here that Mitsu then did some modifications to it to suit it but it says as clear as possible that it was designed 100% by Hyundai. They even paid royalties to use their design.

:P

told ya so.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Just more info that Hyundai did in fact 100% Design this Engine..

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

It says here that Mitsu then did some modifications to it to suit it but it says as clear as possible that it was designed 100% by Hyundai. They even paid royalties to use their design.

:P

told ya so.

HEY!!! At least you should have the politeness to quote WheelGap,
he posted it way back in this thread. You don't even check your own thread
before your vaulted "told you so" junk, or worse you checked and declined to acknowledge!

Originally Posted by WheelGap
From http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

And from: http://www.automotive.com/features/9...768/index.html

So engineering contribution was provided by both MMC and DCX. Your buddy makes it sound like Hyundai developed the engine independently, which according to every source but him/her, is not true.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:15 AM

Yo! I didn't want read all 5 pages, I hope someone already said this, the engine is a new block used by several companies. I thin kit is called the universal c engine, something like that. The Evo has been FAR refined from the other companies.
Hyundai is nothing like the EVO.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:38 AM

at least mitsu is not owned by hyundai...yet :-)
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

wow, people sure are consumed with brand name equity. the power of brand name marketing, huh?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nongan
HEY!!! At least you should have the politeness to quote WheelGap,
he posted it way back in this thread. You don't even check your own thread
before your vaulted "told you so" junk, or worse you checked and declined to acknowledge!
I acknowledge that WheelGap posted information to support my original post that Hyundai did in fact design the Evo Engine. He posted his links and I was told by various other people in other posts of this thread that I should post more facts. The information that I posted today shows more support for my original statement.

As for you.. specifically.. I did read the thread, and I simply don't understand why you care whether I give some kind of acknowledgment to others or not. This isn't a competition of who announces information first. I am simply informing a group of individuals who on this forum take great interest in this information.

I am glad that others have posted information to support information that was provided by me by a direct Hyundai source.

If you want to talk about politeness why don't you respond to the other rude comments on this thread who yell and bash for more facts instead of hearsay while I think it's becoming more apparent by the information surfacing that I was correct the entire time.

How old are you again?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:56 AM

that's the world we live in...reputation and perceived quality often overshadows the reality.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Just for clarification I never said that the new EVO Engine was doomed or never going to live our expectations. I was simply relaying information about it's origin.

I personally believe that this new engine will be a great engine. Having more manufacturers putting them into different models will only increase the after market support. If Kia has a kick *** AWD Turbo that looked good and handled just like an EVO i would have bought that. I didn't buy this car simply because it was a mitsubishi product, I bought it because of what I researched it could do.

I know that Mitsubishi does not have alot of chances to make bad investments. It's apparent by their permanent pull from WRC that they are on a strict budget. Knowing this information I know that they wouldn't invest on an engine they didn't feel would take them to the next level.

Good luck Mitsu.. I personally would like to see a fast *** Tiburon, or SRT4 it would only make racing more interesting and not lopsided like it usually ends out on EVO vs Subaru events.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

I acknowledge that WheelGap posted information to support my original post that Hyundai did in fact design the Evo Engine. He posted his links and I was told by various other people in other posts of this thread that I should post more facts. The information that I posted today shows more support for my original statement.

As for you.. specifically.. I did read the thread, and I simply don't understand why you care whether I give some kind of acknowledgment to others or not. This isn't a competition of who announces information first. I am simply informing a group of individuals who on this forum take great interest in this information.

I am glad that others have posted information to support information that was provided by me by a direct Hyundai source.

If you want to talk about politeness why don't you respond to the other rude comments on this thread who yell and bash for more facts instead of hearsay while I think it's becoming more apparent by the information surfacing that I was correct the entire time.

How old are you again?
Ehh, I remembered, you are thirty.

Also the title of your thread was " Never Released!!!". Not a competition of who announces first. Oh ya.

Last edited by nongan; Sep 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I acknowledge that WheelGap posted information to support my original post that Hyundai did in fact design the Evo Engine.
No he did NOT.

Originally Posted by WheelGap
From http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

And from: http://www.automotive.com/features/9...768/index.html

So engineering contribution was provided by both MMC and DCX. Your buddy makes it sound like Hyundai developed the engine independently, which according to every source but him/her, is not true.

Last edited by nongan; Sep 21, 2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Who cares who actually announced it first, second, or the millionth time. It is public knowledge either way so move on.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:58 PM
Account Disabled

This thread needs to be closed.

Quick Reply: Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.