Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nongan
Ehh, I remembered, you are thirty.

Also the title of your thread was " Never Released!!!". Not a competition of who announces first. Oh ya.
I believed this information was not known. I know for a fact the information i provided about the Tiburon being RWD, with this evo engine that looks like a G37, priced at around 22K is not known information. I also felt that we where misled into thinking mitsubishi designed the 4B11T when what my source and what I find shows that Mitsu and chrysler paid for the design and has royalties to Hyundai for developing the engine while they make their modifications to it. If you feel this was more known info then good for you but I felt it wasnt.

And this wasn't a competition.. Just an information post.

And here is what was in the link i Provided.

Who is actually designing the engines?

Reportedly, the basic block was designed by Hyundai, and Chrysler and Mitsubishi then made a large number of modifications to make it more efficient and adapt it to their uses and technologies. Most of the packaging/dressing components, such as intake manifolds and valve timing equipment, appear to have been developed by each partner independently and will be used independently as well. For example, the variable valve timing was developed by Mercedes and is used on the V6 in the E-Class. J.L. French makes the blocks for American engines, with Nemak providing head castings from Mexico.

While some have said that Chrylser paid $57 million in royalties to Hyundai for design work, an informed source noted that the funding for GEMA was put togther by all the partners, and that $57 million was just DCX's share of the GEMA funding. GEMA itself is a separate company from DCX, MMC, and Hyundai, and it pays royalties to external and internal partners and patent holders.[/COLOR]

You simply can't read.. I don't have time to argue with ignorant people.. Mods please close this thread..

Last edited by Jedi_Gill; Sep 21, 2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with WheelCap on that info in the link.
I disagree with you and your "never released" claims.
Case closed.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, the SRT4 is FUGLY!! That's the reason why I would never buy one. There's more to a car than just the engine.

Secondly, who cares who made the engine. People should wait for the engine to come out, let time tell the reliability and the quality of the product, and then make a judgement.

Finally, there's a reason why so many car manufacturers want this engine. If it was a junk engine, you wouldn't see so many companies implementing it.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 05:19 PM

Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

So how can Hyundai be the ones who designed the engine if GEMA isn't even owned by Hyundai? You seem to have disproved yourself.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:44 AM

As per the link mentioned above, GEMA is a separate company by itself, like an umbrella, which most likely means that they mearly provided marketing and direction, and coordination on development.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

LOL at this thread.. Nobody believed me and now look at the facts, the Evo X does have a Hyundai designed 4B11T and they are releasing the Hyundai Genesis RWD with a 4B11T just as I said over 1 year and a half ago

Never did I imagine giving out information about future cars would be so controversial. :P
Old Mar 21, 2009, 08:27 AM

good work jedi
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled

jedi gill is dumb, period... the whole 4B1 series was built and designed by Mitsubishi in partnership with GEMA ... so its the other way around.. Hyundai uses Mitsubishi's engine dumb...
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by toostar-ish
jedi gill is dumb, period... the whole 4B1 series was built and designed by Mitsubishi in partnership with GEMA ... so its the other way around.. Hyundai uses Mitsubishi's engine dumb...

This is exactly what I mean.. This tool has no idea what's coming out of his mouth.. Why don't you do a bit of research before you type..

Let me provide you with some facts based on your exact words.

Look under Chryslers GEMA engine (World Engine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...uring_Alliance

Look for this phrase in that link.

The initial design of the engine block was handled by Hyundai. It features siamesed bores, meaning that there is no coolant flow between cylinders. The aluminum block has cast iron cylinder liners, and different liners can be fitted to alter the engine's bore.

Just accept it. The initial design of the block was by hyundai. What are you guys getting by trying to prove me wrong.. I simply wanted to share what I thought was good inside info about this engine from over a year and a half ago. I am trying not trying to claim to any fame or notoriety. Just sharing info like everyone else does on this forum.. Stop hating.

Peace.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

good work jedi. prove em wrong.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:25 AM

LETS DRINK>>>>
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Bla Bla Bla Bla I love my evo too!!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
This is exactly what I mean.. This tool has no idea what's coming out of his mouth.. Why don't you do a bit of research before you type..

Let me provide you with some facts based on your exact words.

Look under Chryslers GEMA engine (World Engine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...uring_Alliance

Look for this phrase in that link.

The initial design of the engine block was handled by Hyundai. It features siamesed bores, meaning that there is no coolant flow between cylinders. The aluminum block has cast iron cylinder liners, and different liners can be fitted to alter the engine's bore.

Just accept it. The initial design of the block was by hyundai. What are you guys getting by trying to prove me wrong.. I simply wanted to share what I thought was good inside info about this engine from over a year and a half ago. I am trying not trying to claim to any fame or notoriety. Just sharing info like everyone else does on this forum.. Stop hating.

Peace.
Your not trying to claim any fame or notoriety? Why then bring a thread up thats from 2007?

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
He then dropped the bomb on me. He said, "Well you do know that the new engine is built entirely by Hyundai"? I told him that I knew that it was a joint venture between different car manufacturers but he then said No.. The new engine is ENTIRELY designed and built by Hyundai Engineers.
That was your original claim, which is false. Hyundai did the block, that is about it. So, in reality, you brought up something from a year and a half ago to show you were wrong? Well done...

Last edited by Tristar; Mar 24, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:44 AM

wow, i think this thread actually lowers my view of the X, and i really liked the X. Though hyndai does seem to be making a good effort to get into the sports car world with the genesis. The car seems to be getting some great reviews.

Quick Reply: Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.