Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank god i bought a IX and not a X
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:13 AM

Who says mitsubishi is more capable than hyundai anyways? I think any car manufacturer is capable of producing any quality car...its just what they decide to market.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:14 AM

If you look at the other wiki sources on this engine they all say it's loosely based on the theta engine and we all know what loosely based means.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gonungeter
thank god i bought a ix and not a x
+1

Last edited by drinky84; Apr 28, 2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
double post...
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Are not the blocks even different from a gen coup and a mitsu. open / semi closed.

Mitsu has all the upgraded internals.

Mitsu has more technology and experience period. I wonder where hyndia even had a clue where to start? Oh yeah, maybe they went to Mitsu school. But the teacher didnt give them the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique
Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:03 PM

regardless, im still happy with my X =)
Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:31 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!
STOP COMPARING THEM!!

Take apart a X and then tell me you would rather have bought this or that, blah blah.
The car is a completely redesigned piece of art. They (mitsu) did a great job bringing a reliable turbo 4cylinder to the market.
Period.

What was posted was completely full of **** and full of baseless rumors.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
I recently met a friend who works for Hyundai as an engineer. We were talking about different cars and the topic of the Evo X came up.

He asked me what I thought about it, and I told him that I liked the style but I wasn't too sure about how powerful the new engine would be.

He then dropped the bomb on me. He said, "Well you do know that the new engine is built entirely by Hyundai"? I told him that I knew that it was a joint venture between different car manufacturers but he then said No.. The new engine is ENTIRELY designed and built by Hyundai Engineers.

He also told me some interesting information that there will be releasing a new Tiberon that will also have this same engine. He also noted that it's going to be really nice and designed similar to at G37. It will be RWD.

Just for the record I never post unless I feel this is concrete and factual information. When it becomes more open knowledge to the public just know you heard it here first.

Couple years later and you were sooooooooo right plus 1 for you
Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:35 PM

i just read this whole thread and lol'ed, and i just wanna say, good job jedi, you told em haha.

you carried your self wrong the entire time. and as mentioned multiple times, its not "fully" a Hyundai motor. and even so. the Genesis coupe is actually pretty decent looking and their 2.0T is only rated to like, 210hp... so yeah its obvious its the exact same as the evo x 4b11t that is rated at 295 hp....

i personally think both are great cars... obviously AMS seems to think so, they picked up a Genesis coupe 2.0t.

oh well. jedi is bent on proving him self. considering he brought a year and half old thread back to life.

ha
Old Apr 30, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hyundia is proving they can make sports cars and strong engines. I'm certain Kia could do it too. Take Suzuki for instance.... They have the capablity to make some of the greatest bikes out there, but they don't market any sports cars. Could they? Most certainly.

The Evo X sharing engines with a Hyundia wouldn't keep me from buying one. I've put forth SERIOUS thought into buying a X, but I just can't afford one. The size and weight are the only other two factors keep me from buying one. A Hyundia enigne would be the least of my concern.

It's definatly sad the 4g63 has been retired though. All good things must come to an end. But that doesn't mean good things stop happening
Old May 1, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
Take Suzuki for instance.... They have the capablity to make some of the greatest bikes out there, but they don't market any sports cars. Could they? Most certainly.
You right about that! wish the escudo was marketed

Old May 1, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Escudo Pikes Peak! I remember playing with that car in Gran Turismo 2. You were unbeatable if you owned that car. And it only cost 500k
Old May 2, 2009, 12:25 AM

I remember GT2... i think it was my fav out of the series.
Old May 4, 2009, 05:53 AM

Getting off topic, but heading to a better one. I still play Forza2 from time to time, the evox is available on it. As well as a nine, eight, and a few variations of each. Fun.

Quick Reply: Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.