Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.

I recently met a friend who works for Hyundai as an engineer. We were talking about different cars and the topic of the Evo X came up.

He asked me what I thought about it, and I told him that I liked the style but I wasn't too sure about how powerful the new engine would be.

He then dropped the bomb on me. He said, "Well you do know that the new engine is built entirely by Hyundai"? I told him that I knew that it was a joint venture between different car manufacturers but he then said No.. The new engine is ENTIRELY designed and built by Hyundai Engineers.

He also told me some interesting information that there will be releasing a new Tiberon that will also have this same engine. He also noted that it's going to be really nice and designed similar to at G37. It will be RWD.

Just for the record I never post unless I feel this is concrete and factual information. When it becomes more open knowledge to the public just know you heard it here first.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess as long as the engine performs well it doesn't really matter. You never know though it could be a strong rumor inside of Hyundai.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

i also heard about the new hyundai tiberon being RWD and could possibily have the world engine
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Rumor inside Hyundai??. No.. this isn't a rumor.. You're not listening... I'm getting this information directly from an individual who has first hand knowledge about Hyndai's involvement in the Evo X. The information about the new Tiburon is information that hasn't even been released.. I posted that information as proof that this source is completely legit.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

They are calling it the world engine because they plan on putting it on different cars, however I think they know that Mitsubishi enthusiasts wouldn't be happy to hear that this new engine is 100% Hyundai designed and engineered. I also hope that it's going to be a great engine but following in the footsteps of the 4G63 is going to be a hard engine to beat.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Word...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
They are calling it the world engine because they plan on putting it on different cars, however I think they know that Mitsubishi enthusiasts wouldn't be happy to hear that this new engine is 100% Hyundai designed and engineered. I also hope that it's going to be a great engine but following in the footsteps of the 4G63 is going to be a hard engine to beat.

i don't really care what company makes the engine, as long as the engine doesn't disappoint.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by J8dailo
i also heard about the new hyundai tiberon being RWD and could possibily have the world engine
Oddly enough, if you go to the more pictures link... its a turbo'd 4Cyl....interesting.

More pics- Autoblog

We've had rumors and spy shots before, but up until now we really didn't have any confirmation that Hyundai's new Tiburon replacement would switch from a pull-me to a push-me. With the new rwd platform that the company recently developed for its Genesis luxury sedan, it was expected that the next generation of affordable sports car from Korea would ditch its fwd layout and get some true sports car manners. Well, Hyundai just confirmed that when that car shows up in late 2008 or early 2009, it will indeed be rear-wheel drive.

As predicted, the car will share its rwd platform with the already-announced Genesis sedan, which we should see in about a year. The Tiburon replacement should show up half a year to a year after the sedan, and might even come as a convertible. In fact, there is also a suggestion that we'll be seeing several models based on this platform. We're not sure if the coupe will share the sedan's new V8 in addition to the expected V6, but it would make an interesting competitor for the Mustang if it did. Hyundai has officially said no, but there are still whispers, and if not a V8, some kind of boosted V6 in the top models might suffice.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by kngnothg; Sep 17, 2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

I think people are relating the Hyundai of old to what the future has and will hold for that company. I think many will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

very interesting information Gill..glad I have my IX. .
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
As long as the new engine is as stout as the 4g63 It should be fine. Its already got dual mivec, it's lighter weight and making more horsepower. I think as long as they build it with room so support some mild to heavy mods people will be saying "4gwhat?" in no time. Only time will tell. Definately not diggin the idea of havin the turbo on the back though. Gonna make for irritating turbo kit installs. Though they did say that it will have relatively more room to fit an aftermarket kit. We'll see I guess, its all speculation until it come out.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

dumb post, rewrite when u have the specs
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:48 AM

+1. It's stupid! No facts, about the actual engine. Ask your source about the specs.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

From http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

Who is actually designing the engines?
Reportedly, the basic block was designed by Hyundai, and Chrysler and Mitsubishi then made a large number of modifications to make it more efficient and adapt it to their uses and technologies. Most of the packaging/dressing components, such as intake manifolds and valve timing equipment, appear to have been developed by each partner independently and will be used independently as well. For example, the variable valve timing was developed by Mercedes and is used on the V6 in the E-Class. J.L. French makes the blocks for American engines, with Nemak providing head castings from Mexico.
And from: http://www.automotive.com/features/9...768/index.html
While Hyundai had the lead design responsibility for the base engine, the Chrysler Group and Mitsubishi made significant engineering contributions to the design. Through the involvement of all three automakers, durability testing for the World Engine exceeded 16 million customer equivalent miles. Additionally, partners have shared best practices and lessons learned from past and current experiences, resulting in improved refinement, quality and durability.
So engineering contribution was provided by both MMC and DCX. Your buddy makes it sound like Hyundai developed the engine independently, which according to every source but him/her, is not true.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Hyundai has come a long ways. They are actually releasing high quality, "inexpensive" products. Look at the rave reviews the Sonata and Azera are getting. Don't forget, the Japanese manufacturers were looked to as cheap a few decades ago...

Quick Reply: Never Released!!! - EVO X Engine Information.