Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X Motor Trend Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all the hate, I'm really looking forward to the Evo X. I'll take a GSR with THREE pedals, and either pick up someone's MR wheels who decides to go aftermarket, or go aftermarket myself and get them even lighter. Hopefully same with brakes and suspension, just pick up aftermarket which should be even sportier than the MR. Once someone like Vishnu gets ahold of the ECU and Buschur makes a nice lightweight TBE with ONE exhaust outlet (hell, we could shed 50 or 60 pounds getting rid of the "dual" exhaust), I think we're gonna have one hell of a car!
Old Sep 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pete3kGT
WTF, the X keeps getting slower and slower to 60. C&D gave it 0-60 in 5 sec, R&T in 5.2, now MotorTrend is saying 5.4. I don't care about if it's faster on the Track. I don't Track my car every weekend, but i do Flog it 0-60 every chance i get. I'm disappointed with the X, so glad I have the last true Evo, the IX.
Yah you are really going to notice the difference in like .5 tenths between your car and the X
Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:00 PM

i'm content with my IX right now. My rule of thumb is don't buy the 1st of anything. I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed and/or the price to go down. Look at the Ipod, after to much peps bought the darn thing fater a month price went 200 lower. Look at the Evo VIII when they released it, look at the warranty, when they released the XI 10 yrs 100k. That's just my opinion
Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j///M
For all the hate, I'm really looking forward to the Evo X. I'll take a GSR with THREE pedals, and either pick up someone's MR wheels who decides to go aftermarket, or go aftermarket myself and get them even lighter. Hopefully same with brakes and suspension, just pick up aftermarket which should be even sportier than the MR. Once someone like Vishnu gets ahold of the ECU and Buschur makes a nice lightweight TBE with ONE exhaust outlet (hell, we could shed 50 or 60 pounds getting rid of the "dual" exhaust), I think we're gonna have one hell of a car!

The exhaust is actually a transverse single cannister with 2 outlets, not 2 separate mufflers.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I am holding my breath, and hoping the RS will be a true screamer and not just a highly technical drivetrain like the MR and GSR.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR814
they are just testing the same car that other mag have tested and those car aren't 100% finalize/tune. I'm pretty sure it'll be faster than 5 sec 0-60 when the real deal hits the shore.
I agree. The brochure from Mitsu that was posted showed it at 311ft lbs torque and the C&D article said that the car they tested hadn't gone through final tuning. I think they'll squeeze a few more ponies out of it before production.

I'm not too worried about the 100lb weight increase. that is only a mini battery kit and an upgraded exhaust away from shaving that weight. I'll wait to pass final judgement until the production #'s are posted. 5+ 0-60 for the final production model would be a slight disappointment if they left itlike it currently is.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlkFlat4
Yah you are really going to notice the difference in like .5 tenths between your car and the X
I probably won't notice the difference, but it's just gonna be a mental thing....
Old Sep 26, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

I probably won't notice the difference, but it's just gonna be a mental thing....
i see i see lol.. i am in no way defending the X cause i really dont care... i would like it to do well though just for mitsubishi
Old Sep 26, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlkFlat4
i see i see lol.. i am in no way defending the X cause i really dont care... i would like it to do well though just for mitsubishi

I feel ya, i'm sure the X will do alright for Mitsu. Hopefully the XI will do even better.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

WTF, the X keeps getting slower and slower to 60. C&D gave it 0-60 in 5 sec, R&T in 5.2, now MotorTrend is saying 5.4. I don't care about if it's faster on the Track. I don't Track my car every weekend, but i do Flog it 0-60 every chance i get. I'm disappointed with the X, so glad I have the last true Evo, the IX.
this right here proves the stupidity of this forum...

you really have NO IDEA what the Evo is about...
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

does anybody know if mitsu is gonna offer the FAST key system? . I drove an 07 Maxima with their own "intelligent" keyless and the thing rocks. All you gotta do is leave the transponder in your pocket
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo542
does anybody know if mitsu is gonna offer the FAST key system? . I drove an 07 Maxima with their own "intelligent" keyless and the thing rocks. All you gotta do is leave the transponder in your pocket

looks like it will
Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Also, did anyone else notice the release date is still listed as January by MT? That's gotta be more than just a whim, with the official press release so close. What's killing me is the whole VIII vs. IX thing when I really don't want to wait a year or two more for the car to 'evolve' even more. Hopefully Mitsu won't do that to us again, but it should be easy to spot if there is a lesser warranty than the IX, missing (expected) features, etc. I'm sure the SST and all the other technological gizmos will be fun, but after driving an R32 with DSG, I felt a little disconnected. Fast, no doubt, but not quite the same as my brain knowing when the clutch is going to do what. I definitely appreciate the shift speed of a DSG though, and thusly, its effect on track times. And I don't think it's 'softening' the evo in any way. If the MR is available from the launch with the SST and comes in at $35k or less, I still may get it. I can't wait until Tokyo!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

there's the TC-SST-equipped MR-a mild-mannered city commuter one toggle switch away from a religious experience. Deus ex machina, indeed.
hell yes
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

btw, the review gushes over the Evo X MR but only has pics of the GSR version?

what's up with that.

Quick Reply: Evo X Motor Trend Review