Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X impression from Auto week

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seem fishy to me that all the reviews quote the exact same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. C&D and Edmunds normally have vastly different times as they do testing slightly different.

Just having different drivers and atmospheric conditions would change the times a little.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s2000sc
I wonder why Bugatti put a "weak" DSG transmission into its 1001hp Veyron?
You are seriously mistaken if you think the Bugatti and the Evo X trannys will have even one part in common . Do some reading on how much R&D went into the Veyron trans and you'll understand. Thats' like saying that McLaren's F1 car has a good trans, so a Mercedes E320 must have a good one too. Two different leagues. A fully loaded Evo X probably wouldn't even pay for the housing of the Veyron DSG.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsevo
You are seriously mistaken if you think the Bugatti and the Evo X trannys will have even one part in common . Do some reading on how much R&D went into the Veyron trans and you'll understand. Thats' like saying that McLaren's F1 car has a good trans, so a Mercedes E320 must have a good one too. Two different leagues. A fully loaded Evo X probably wouldn't even pay for the housing of the Veyron DSG.
I think Sport Compact quoted that statement.
That the Veyron uses a similar tranny utilizing 4 turbo chargers.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:34 PM
Account Disabled

I have such mixed thoughts about the new evo X.

I do not like the fact that its actually slower.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

The hp numbers are not out yet.
Fuji said the numbers will be different by release time.

So he says.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dsevo
Where in my post did I mention the Evo X? I just replied to your statement that DSG-style transmissions were weak.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by my-red-rs
And I quote Bob Gritzinger of AutoWeek magazine... "The car no longer seems mechanical and race-car-like".

That says it all for me. I am disappointed!

Maybe there is hope with the RS...
+1 happy i bought a IX...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

The Car They Tested Was Jdm Spec The Usdm Is Gonna Put On More Weight.( Dont Be Fooled)
Old Sep 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

Yup.. the US cars are always heavier than the Japanese counterparts..
Old Sep 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like my grandma's next car ......they've REALLY outdone themselves with this one .....I wonder what the 335i/Sti fanboys are saying on their fourms.....i hope at they are just baiting subaru and the rest of the crew on the 60,1/4, and HP and then come TMS time they release it with 330 hp....

P.S. it already has R32 boys making fun of it
Old Sep 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FLK
ON SALE: January 2008
BASE PRICE: $29,000 (est)
DRIVETRAIN: 2.0-liter, 295-hp, 300-lb-ft turbocharged l4; awd, five-speed manual
CURB WEIGHT: 3,344 lb.
0-60 MPH: 5.0 sec (mfr)
FUEL ECONOMY (EPA): 26 mpg (est)

"Despite all the added size, structure and systems, the new Evo MR with the six-speed TC-SST is just 100 pounds heavier (including 11 pounds of sound deadener) than the 2006 Evolution IX MR. The infinitely more tunable GSR with the five-speed manual is just 59 pounds heavier."

Where are the fools that said the X will cost 40K+ and weigh 300 lbs more.
bet you a loaded 6spd auto tranns will cost about 37\40 and it does weigh 300 more.. read real reviews
Old Sep 27, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evozster
Looks like my grandma's next car ......they've REALLY outdone themselves with this one .....I wonder what the 335i/Sti fanboys are saying on their fourms.....i hope at they are just baiting subaru and the rest of the crew on the 60,1/4, and HP and then come TMS time they release it with 330 hp....

P.S. it already has R32 boys making fun of it

I'm sure Mitsubishi would LOVE to see an Evo X vs. R32 vs. 335i test. Any track, anywhere, anytime.

The last gen. CT9A set the bar so freakin' high in almost every performance test, nothing, save a WELL driven STI, under $50g's could touch it.

So the new X is slower by .2 sec. to 60 and quicker around the Mitsu. proving grounds by a full 2 sec. a lap compared to the Evo IX and you say other ill informed fanboys are laughing? At what exactly?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 03:27 PM

Are the numbers going to be the same for the US spec Evo? Previously the us versions had just a tad bit more hp, and just a tad bit more torque...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by JayZeus
Are the numbers going to be the same for the US spec Evo? Previously the us versions had just a tad bit more hp, and just a tad bit more torque...
Well all the article's keep hinting that they are going to be tuned a little more, but they don't mention how or what. We may be looking at what might be a production, but there is a chance that something will change. I'm just waiting for it to be released, I think this is going to have the same outcome as the 335i, where magazines and BMW said the 0-60 was like 5.something and people received the car and were getting 4.8's, I'd love to see the Evo X haters say something then haha....
Old Sep 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nongan
"Whine if you want about the loss of racing edge and mechanical purity. ...
feel the steering wheel load and lighten as unseen systems transfer power from side to side and from front to rear,"
Watch as wallet melts when "unseen systems" break.

Quick Reply: Evo X impression from Auto week