Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

X-RS pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
EXACTLY.

On a side note, I cant believe the RS X doesnt come with Brembos, thats just ridiculous.
they should make the RS RWD.. because we all know that our personal technicians and mechanics will "upgrade" the car as soon as we get home from the dealership... you know, cause the RS is ONLY meant to be tracked, not driven redlight to redlight..

plain and simple, people want the RS for the reduction of weight materials... myself personally, i wouldn't buy a 30k car with manual windows and locks, regardless of the 20 more lbs it adds...

the same people who buy RS evos are the same ones who won't buy a convertible because someone told them that compared to the coupe of the same model, the convertible will run .00017 seconds slower than the coupe... it's retarded to argue which one is better because those who are sided either way CANNOT be convinced otherwise!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with your comments and congrats on the fit purchase as well. I also owned an rs for that very reason that it was faster than the mr and I didn't even mod it yet.

But it wasn't just the fact that your saving weight. You are buying a race car out of the box. You buy an MR or a gsr and you get a fast plush car. You buy an RS and you get just a race car.

I drove without a radio for the entire time I owned the car just because I loved the sound of the car.

People who buy a GSR or an MR are the same people who buy a jaguar instead of a Lincoln because it has a cat on the hood.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by readrs13
I agree with your comments and congrats on the fit purchase as well. I also owned an rs for that very reason that it was faster than the mr and I didn't even mod it yet.

But it wasn't just the fact that your saving weight. You are buying a race car out of the box. You buy an MR or a gsr and you get a fast plush car. You buy an RS and you get just a race car.

I drove without a radio for the entire time I owned the car just because I loved the sound of the car.

People who buy a GSR or an MR are the same people who buy a jaguar instead of a Lincoln because it has a cat on the hood.

This coming from a guy that sold his "race car" for a honda fit.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

hey man don't knock it till you've driven one. Its has a higher corner entry speed and lane change speed of cars eight times its price and fits in your pocket too.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

How do we have any proof that it doesn't have brembos? I see no picture at an angle that you could see the brembos even if it had them... But hey, what do I know.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by readrs13
hey man don't knock it till you've driven one. Its has a higher corner entry speed and lane change speed of cars eight times its price and fits in your pocket too.
Actually I have driven several. Also had one as a rental.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
How do we have any proof that it doesn't have brembos? I see no picture at an angle that you could see the brembos even if it had them... But hey, what do I know.
Look to the left....does that look like a brembo caliper?

Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

You guys are freaking out when the usdm version isn't even out yet...we don't even know if were getting the rs and if we do I'm sure the US version will get the better wheels and brembos.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Only the USDM Evo RSs' came with the Brembos' and everything that the MR has (minus bilsteins, power locks and windows, fog lights and HID, stereo and 6 speed). All JDM Evo RSs' didn't come with anything. I don't understand why it's so ugly and what most of you are b*tching about? The USDM market will not see that RS. Mitsubishi knows people here buy the RS because they can't afford or be approved to finance something like the IX or MR. Even though its minor price difference, that still factors in when you go out and try to get a bank loan or a finance approval.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:55 PM
Account Disabled

So the EVO X is already starting to come out in Japan?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:12 AM

doesn't look that nice as far as the body, but i like the front of it. couple adjustments it could look really aggressive, i'm not a fan of the X, i'll stick with my IX
Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

JDM rs's like evyeorne said never had brembos, they use to run steelies..... aint no brembos fittin under that!
Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Some of you guys are just soooo ignorant, not all of you apparently, but a lot. Have you ever heard of the world outside the US? Even if some here try to point out the fact that JDM RS cars has always been available without Brembo callipers and a lot more stripped out than the US RS you go on and on *****ing about how bad it is that you don’t get this and that. Wait and see what you get before *****ing for god sake.

Even if you don’t seam to listen I will give it a try. The RS models is/was intended for rally sport (RS) use only, as in the raw base material to build rally and race cars. They originally came with steel rims, no electrics, no AC, no Recaros, no Brembos, no sound isolation, no, ABS, no AYC, etc. etc. You start to get the picture? Rally and race teams has no use of those things what so ever, and they will replace the seats and callipers anyway.

But, the RS version, at least from EVO5 and forward, had Brembos together with 17” rims as an option, in grp.N rallying they use the Brembos as they aren’t/weren’t allowed to change as much on the stock car. I’m not sure if this is the case anymore.

One odd thing though is that this is the first JDM RS I have ever seen without a rear wing.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOVII_SWE
Some of you guys are just soooo ignorant, not all of you apparently, but a lot. Have you ever heard of the world outside the US? Even if some here try to point out the fact that JDM RS cars has always been available without Brembo callipers and a lot more stripped out than the US RS you go on and on *****ing about how bad it is that you don’t get this and that. Wait and see what you get before *****ing for god sake.

Even if you don’t SEEM to listen I will give it a try. The RS models is/was intended for rally sport (RS) use only, as in the raw base material to build rally and race cars. They originally came with steel rims, no electrics, no AC, no Recaros, no Brembos, no sound isolation, no, ABS, no AYC, etc. etc. You start to get the picture? Rally and race teams HAVE no use FOR those things what so ever, and they will replace the seats and callipers anyway.

But, the RS version, at least from EVO5 and forward, had Brembos together with 17” rims as an option, in grp.N rallying they use the Brembos as they aren’t/weren’t allowed to change as much on the stock car. I’m not sure if this is the case anymore.

One odd thing though is that this is the first JDM RS I have ever seen without a rear wing.
Fixed...and please reword the sentence bolded....seems to be an incomplete thought and/or sentence fragment.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
Fixed...and please reword the sentence bolded....seems to be an incomplete thought and/or sentence fragment.
Well, sorry for not having english as my first language, maybe you could try it in swedish? Uhh, no, I didn't think so

Quick Reply: X-RS pics