Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

X-RS pics

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by readrs13
I agree with your comments and congrats on the fit purchase as well. I also owned an rs for that very reason that it was faster than the mr and I didn't even mod it yet.

But it wasn't just the fact that your saving weight. You are buying a race car out of the box. You buy an MR or a gsr and you get a fast plush car. You buy an RS and you get just a race car.

I drove without a radio for the entire time I owned the car just because I loved the sound of the car.

People who buy a GSR or an MR are the same people who buy a jaguar instead of a Lincoln because it has a cat on the hood.
well i bought the Fit for my gf, cause she had a POS Sentra that was falling apart... originally i sold my 8 gsr for a down payment on a house, which (2 years later) i don't regret... with a new company truck and the available freedom from my parents i'll settle with an RS, but i might think about a GSR if/when they come in a 6 speed manual... for as long as my patience last, i'll hold out for to learn from any mistakes with the new X...
Old Oct 1, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

I thought from all the magazine reviews on here about the Evo X. Only the GSR with the 5 speed and the MR with the sst was going to be available. Then in the reviews they also said something about a RS being released later?.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

I guess the Bare-bones RS is really Bare-Bones.....lol
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jadiem
they should make the RS RWD.. because we all know that our personal technicians and mechanics will "upgrade" the car as soon as we get home from the dealership... you know, cause the RS is ONLY meant to be tracked, not driven redlight to redlight..

plain and simple, people want the RS for the reduction of weight materials... myself personally, i wouldn't buy a 30k car with manual windows and locks, regardless of the 20 more lbs it adds...

the same people who buy RS evos are the same ones who won't buy a convertible because someone told them that compared to the coupe of the same model, the convertible will run .00017 seconds slower than the coupe... it's retarded to argue which one is better because those who are sided either way CANNOT be convinced otherwise!
Well, I beg to differ. I bought my RS because I didn't want the attention grabbing wing. I DID want the front LSD that the GSR did not have in '04. Also, knew I'd replace the crappy OEM radio anyway. If I had been in the market for an options laden car, I would have bought an M3.

Fact is, people buy the RS for various reasons-cost, weight, performance, etc.

BTW-lots of people avoid convertibles because they are not as rigid and handling is affected.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsmythe2

BTW-lots of people avoid convertibles because they are not as rigid and handling is affected.
Yup I would be one of those people.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

The Evo X RS looks so cheap and old. It looks just like a regular lancer.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:58 AM
Account Disabled

the rs will not be in the USA.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NJ Drive
To put things into perspective, anyone who cannot afford a $33k car but thinks he/she can afford a $27k car shouldn't be buying either one.
a high maintenance 27k car at that
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mystique
The Evo X RS looks so cheap and old. It looks just like a regular lancer.
Wow, just wow. This Evo X is bringing hoards of ignorant people to the forum.

... My mind is playing tricks on me. I thought I read that the Evo IX RS looks like a regular Lancer. Sorry.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Oct 2, 2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
Wow, just wow. This Evo X is bringing hoards of ignorant people to the forum.

... My mind is playing tricks on me. I thought I read that the Evo IX RS looks like a regular Lancer. Sorry.
Lets be honest, its been bad for a while now.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

no Brembos?? damn..
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think there needs to be some kind of test in order to become a member on this board. Bunch of e-tards on here with no clue about any evo history, its recockulous.

Not sure how many times everyone has already said that the JDM RS has always come with steelies and ****ty brakes, but yet still people are shocked at this fact. hahahaha man I cant wait to see the type of people that buy the X's.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOVII_SWE
Well, sorry for not having english as my first language, maybe you could try it in swedish? Uhh, no, I didn't think so
Not only can is your english crappy, you're also an idiot. Look at my sn. Does it say derangedazn or derangedsweden?

How do you say cockfag in swedish?....cause that is my impression of you right now.

Last edited by derangedazn; Oct 2, 2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would rock one. I think it will come to the US eventually just not right away. Not a wing fan here; RS's look cool.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
haha, lol, screw that.

Quick Reply: X-RS pics