Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

shift in the age group targeted by evo X

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03evoevo
News flash, the evo has never been aimed at 20 - 30 year olds...the target has always been 30 to 50 year olds. In the US we have a lot of teenagers and 20 somethings purchasing them because of video games and affordability. Most "older" Americans have no clue about the evo's heritage and are more concerned about snob appeal. Check out who drives evos in the rest of the world and you would be very surprised.

Very true.
About time...good to see that some people know what is up...

Hell the skyline is Japan's corvette-->bald middle aging guys car...
Old Oct 8, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Maikumaru
About time...good to see that some people know what is up...

Hell the skyline is Japan's corvette-->bald middle aging guys car...
Shenanigans...on the bald part.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

They succeeded. I'm 41 and as much as a like the previous generation Evos. I'd look like a fool driving one (in America, at least). The majority of the Evo Owners that I see in America are young 20 somethings. There's nothing wrong with plenty of young folks owning nice stuff, but however weird that this may sound; The car itself starts to take on that personality. The previous Generation EVO is a young-guy car for sure. But you don't have to be a young guy to enjoy the current EVO. There's no age limit for that. And besides, Old guys have been enjoying young-guy cars since forever. One more thing; the young guy cars are good for getting young ****** (if that's what you are into).

Last edited by Spoonie; Oct 8, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by cksdayoff
the iphone takes nice quality pics.

dude go for the Evo X MR as it it looks sporty and luxurious. I bet I didnt even need to say this as you probably already have your sights set on it.
ya, in the daytime
Old Oct 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I represent the average "import scene" age group. I got my license in 1996, and was into the "scene" before I could drive. I'm approaching 30 soon, and would love to own a X. My VIII would inevitably be the weekend auto-x, winding mountain road car, and the X my daily. I can't stand the thought of driving an Accord or Camry, EVER, so I think to guys like me (give or take about 4 years) the X delivers. Well, in the U.S. at least.

...that, and my left foot braking and right foot throttling is faster than me heel-n-toeing.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

IMO

Evo X makes 40-50 yr old ppl looks less awkward when driving one
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie
They succeeded. I'm 41 and as much as a like the previous generation Evos. I'd look like a fool driving one (in America, at least). The majority of the Evo Owners that I see in America are young 20 somethings. There's nothing wrong with plenty of young folks owning nice stuff, but however weird that this may sound; The car itself starts to take on that personality. The previous Generation EVO is a young-guy car for sure. But you don't have to be a young guy to enjoy the current EVO. There's no age limit for that. And besides, Old guys have been enjoying young-guy cars since forever. One more thing; the young guy cars are good for getting young ****** (if that's what you are into).
It's funny you mention that. I'm 32 and I bought an EVO RS for a number of reasons...one of the main ones being the stealth factor. Wingless is a good thing IMO. Now that I have VII tails I think the car looks a lot more grown up to me.

I used to own an 05 STi and I hated having a big wing on the back. I finally went wingless with that too.

Last edited by Bounty Hunter; Oct 9, 2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:47 AM

I am 46 in 2 mos and I just bought my IX MR SE and I love it, Before that I drove a modded 85 CRX SI which I still have. I will keep the wing thank you. I don't like the looks of the X and I didn't want a car with no edge to it so I bought the IX, also wanted the 4g63 cause its proven. I don't think I look ridiculous driving it either, it fits me according to my friends and family. I don't drive like most old guys either and I also have a track car( 280z). I live in the mountains with plenty of twisty roads to enjoy with the EVO or my ST1100. Been into cars all my life and I do all my own repair and mods, plan to continue with this car. Don't profile us old guys, we are not all the same.
Glen
Old Oct 9, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiruu
With any car, once you become serious about using it for something (racing) and optimizing it for that use, everything that does not benefit that type of use just gets in the way and is a hindrance. From what I can tell so far, for me personally the X is just more of those hindrances and weight for more money. For the guys who just like a "clean" Evo to cruise around and put toys on, the X will be great. The rest of them will be stripping all kinds of stuff off them and trying to tune around all the technology.
You just keep tinkering with all your nuts and bolts then. I'll be in an X waving to you as I go by using my "technology".

So you're saying you would rather the Evo not change anything and stay the same for the next 10+ years? What kind of innovation is that??

I for one am THRILLED Mitsubishi is taking the next step sooner rather than later, and beating the competition to the punch. They are trying to put a car out that you can't get anywhere else, with technology like nothing else. Isn't that worth something??

I think it's great they are never satisfied and want to produce better and better products.....WHO WOULDN'T????????????
Old Oct 9, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you guy havent realised that dealership dont make money by people who make their payments. They are like creditcard companys, you dont get rich off of people who make payments its the one's who dont make payments where the money roll's in.

But making it automatic would defi get older crowds

but of all things they could have keep the 4g63, such a shame

Last edited by kaonashi; Oct 9, 2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaonashi
but of all things they could have keep the 4g63, such a shame

Mitsu said they couldn't keep that motor under emission regulations any longer. It was getting harder and harder. Blame global warming. lol
Old Oct 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Good thing i'm getting old.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dosagex
Mitsu said they couldn't keep that motor under emission regulations any longer. It was getting harder and harder. Blame global warming. lol
Naw, it's more like blame the freaggin treehuggers.....I don't care if im burned alive i still wanna buy and evo that has the 4G63!!!!!!! Of course im talking out of my butthole....I actually like the new evo, and have no problem with what they have done with the car...
Old Oct 9, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Trust me i love me some 4G63 too, but mitsu gotsta do what they gotsta do you know mang?