Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

evo XI?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FloopyDisk
The hemoglobalion rules for WRC state the car must use a 2.0L, besides dude...we have Evos pushing over 1000whp, I haven't seen a 2.5L Subby do that one yet.
Ho-mo-lo-gay-shun
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

i understand the rules of WRC and all but if you don't compete who cares about the rules. thats like practing a religion you don't want to do. I'm not saying one is better than the other but is shouldn't be used as a excuse
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:53 PM

do not of you realize the Homologation specs for group-n have NOTHING- zero-nada to do with the USDM model.. it could have a V-8 and it wouldn't affect the group-n homologation

the only occurrence that i have ever seen it used was when ford used a USDM bumper on the focus because it was longer
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

All of you are making great points...had this topic been posted in 1999. There is no Mitsubishi rally team anymore and they've announced no plans to return despite initially claiming that 2006 would only be a year long hiatus. Moreover I very much doubt the bigger, wider and heavier 3500lb+ Lancer platform lends itself as a legitimate means for a return to WRC should Mitsubishi ever throw their hat back in the rally ring. If Mitsu returns to rally and wants to be competitive they'll need a smaller sub compact platform in order to do so. I think only the "i" is the only prototype subcompact they've shown the world yet. Blah. Can you imagine! Interestingly enough Mitsubishi Motors has stated their intent to focus on the subcompact market so a return to WRC in the next 20 years isn't totally unlikely...

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...-to-focus.html

I think the real reason we still have a 2.0L in the Evo X is because the 4B11 world engine was a joint venture with other automakers designed to streamline R&D and production costs. If Mitsubishi suddenly got a hair in their *** for an "Evo only" 2.3L engine the added cost of R&D and production would reflect in an MSRP well over $40k. People are having small coronaries upon discovering the official price of the USDM Evo X so imagine the repercussions had the MSRP been another $5k-$8k
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bigger doesn't neccesarily mean it is going to be faster or better.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlution561
bigger doesn't neccesarily mean it is going to be faster or better.
it has more potential. There's no replacement for displacement. They'res only so much you can squeeze out of a 2.0 four-banger.

Perhaps Mitsubishi will make a different trim level and have the 4B12 in the future
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
All of you are making great points...had this topic been posted in 1999. There is no Mitsubishi rally team anymore and they've announced no plans to return despite initially claiming that 2006 would only be a year long hiatus. Moreover I very much doubt the bigger, wider and heavier 3500lb+ Lancer platform lends itself as a legitimate means for a return to WRC should Mitsubishi ever throw their hat back in the rally ring. If Mitsu returns to rally and wants to be competitive they'll need a smaller sub compact platform in order to do so. I think only the "i" is the only prototype subcompact they've shown the world yet. Blah. Can you imagine! Interestingly enough Mitsubishi Motors has stated their intent to focus on the subcompact market so a return to WRC in the next 20 years isn't totally unlikely...

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...-to-focus.html

I think the real reason we still have a 2.0L in the Evo X is because the 4B11 world engine was a joint venture with other automakers designed to streamline R&D and production costs. If Mitsubishi suddenly got a hair in their *** for an "Evo only" 2.3L engine the added cost of R&D and production would reflect in an MSRP well over $40k. People are having small coronaries upon discovering the official price of the USDM Evo X so imagine the repercussions had the MSRP been another $5k-$8k
Well but there is also a 2.4l version of the World Engine that Mitsubishi has been using in their cars since late 2005 (Outlander Japan), there is also a 1.8l version, but anyway, theoretically the 2.4l engine should perform better stock than the 2.0l counterpart and since Evo X is supposed to be Mitsus halo car with all the latest greatest technology why not offer 2.4l then? Again, Mitsu had this engine available since 2005 and they may as well put all the R&D money into the 2.4l instead of the 2.0l but they chose 2.0l.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mitsu should just buy a bunch of K20 or K24 motors from honda and turbo charge them, then drop that in the EVO. it would be the best EVO ever made.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

what about making the ralliart, mitsubishi's next WRC car???
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FloopyDisk
The hemoglobalion rules for WRC state the car must use a 2.0L, besides dude...we have Evos pushing over 1000whp, I haven't seen a 2.5L Subby do that one yet.
those 1000hp evos are also stroked 2.4L evos.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jebus27
what about making the ralliart, mitsubishi's next WRC car???
no, if anything the ralliart would be getting the 2.5L if mitsu ever wanted to put one in. and thats not the ralliart either, thats the sportback concept.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
mitsu should just buy a bunch of K20 or K24 motors from honda and turbo charge them, then drop that in the EVO. it would be the best EVO ever made.
You forgot to type "j/k" and " " at the end of your post.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
those 1000hp evos are also stroked 2.4L evos.
Actually almost all of our high HP evos are still 2.0 or 2.1 FYI!

Chris
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rush63
He sure did, didn't he..!!

+1 for you ^^ for noticing that..!

K20 <---- Go to clubrsx of hondatech and preach that there..!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rush63
i didn't forget anything. i know a guy that boosted (jackson racing SC) a stock K20 to 7psi, all stock internals, just exhaust, header and k-pro as supporting mods and he was putting 270 to the wheels. the EVO's motor needs to be built like a tank and boosted to 20psi+ to get the same power. not only that, his power was lag free, and the powerband was a lot broader than the EVO. i dunno if you guys have noticed, but honda builds some of the best engines on the planet.

Quick Reply: evo XI?