Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X MR Sportronic!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by darkknight; Jun 4, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:32 AM

"In Normal mode, the TC-SST behaves no differently than a conventional automatic, which is a powerful argument when you're stuck on the freeway during rush hour. " (see http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=7&gl=us )

Last edited by darkknight; Jun 4, 2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:14 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It's not an automatic for the following reasons: It has no torque coverter and isn't controlled with a series of bands and planetary gears

It's referred to as an automated manual because, internally, the transmission is nearly identical to a traditional manual - meshed gears lined up on input/output shafts. The only difference is the automated clutch.

I haven't seen Mitsubishi, other than some uninformated salespeople, use the term sportronic. I've only seen them refer to it as a Sport Shift Transmission. Again, sportronic would be a confusing term because that's usually refers to tradional automatics (torque converter and bands) with a manual shift feature for driver pleasure.

Here's a handy guide to this type of transmission and how it differs from others - http://auto.howstuffworks.com/dual-c...ansmission.htm

I'll resist closing this thread for the moment, in hopes that you'll understand what we're talking about, but this info really is all over the forums and has been discussed thoroughly for well over a year.

Last edited by otter; Jun 4, 2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by otter
It's not an automatic for the following reasons: It has no torque coverter and isn't controlled with a series of bands and planetary gears

It's referred to as an automated manual because, internally, the transmission is nearly identical to a traditional manual - meshed gears lined up on input/output shafts. The only difference is the automated clutch.

I haven't seen Mitsubishi, other than some uninformated salespeople, use the term sportronic. I've only seen them refer to it as a Sport Shift Transmission. Again, sportronic would be a confusing term because that's usually refers to tradional automatics (torque converter and bands) with a manual shift feature for driver pleasure.

Here's a handy guide to this type of transmission and how it differs from others - http://auto.howstuffworks.com/dual-c...ansmission.htm

I'll resist closing this thread for the moment, in hopes that you'll understand what we're talking about, but this info really is all over the forums and has been discussed thoroughly for well over a year.
The apple is red.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

The noob presence is strong in this thread.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by darkknight
The apple is red.

why are u arguing with yourself lol lol lol it seems u cant swallow the truth about being wrong on the evo x tranny that "paddle shifters" . Thats so old news its not even funny!!!!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Phenix@XtremeBoost
The noob presence is strong in this thread.

There is high probability that a member can miss a previous thread with a similar topic when he/she searches (there are pages of threads and there are sometimes different terminologies for the same construct, so it can easily happen). So, if someone doesn't do the "perfect search", then they get called a make believe word? How childish is that? GROW UP!

Last edited by darkknight; Jun 4, 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: being nice
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1badgsex
why are u arguing with yourself lol lol lol it seems u cant swallow the truth about being wrong on the evo x tranny that "paddle shifters" . Thats so old news its not even funny!!!!
So, now more people want to jump on the Bandwagon and try to thrash talk. You obviously don't understand what I meant by "the apple is red" or what's going on in this thread.

I never said that the Evo X MR was traditional automatic, I was commenting on the “sporttronic” aspect of it. And yes, the TC – SST stands for Twin Clutch – Sportronic Shift Transmission. If you don’t think “S” in SST stands for “Sporttronic” then take it up with Mitsubishi or MotorTrend (see their article below) http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=9&gl=us

And here's another link, http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=7&gl=us

The attack was on the words "sportronic" and "automatic," but these terms were coined in articles (see above), so read carefully and leave me alone!

Last edited by darkknight; Jun 4, 2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

otter why didn't you close this thread.......?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by VtexGt3
otter why didn't you close this thread.......?
Yes Otter, please close this thread! I'm tired of being misunderstood and harrassed.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:09 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
don't close it, just delete it!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by sblvro
don't close it, just delete it!
Yes! That's an even better idea. Did you ever have a bad dream that you couldn't wake up from? This is mine!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by darkknight
Yes! That's an even better idea. Did you ever have a bad dream that you couldn't wake up from? This is mine!

you're not stuck in a dream you can't wake from, you keep coming back to it. just stop checking the thread every minute and it'll die down...

Mods please delete. Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 07:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it is way past groundhog day!