Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

What's the next evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the next evolution

I'm hoping for use of Direct Injection. I know it's more costly but it offers both increased power and efficiency.

Weight reduction would be great as well.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 04:04 PM

Yeah weight reduction is a must!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah direct injection will probably be there. It used to be expensive as hell but not anymore. The Colbalt SS has it. After getting a measly 22.5mpg on a 300 mile road trip (stock), I think something needs to be done about gas millage. Extra power would be nice too. Help offset how much bloat they are making the Evo. Trying to turn a rally car into a entry level luxury car at mid level luxury price (over 40K for a MR /w navigation...I'd never get that or spend that much)
Old Dec 25, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Summary:
- Reduce Weight
- better MPG
- More Power
- and somehow LOWER THE INSURANCE ON THIS B*tCH!!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aar0nsite
Summary:
- Reduce Weight
- better MPG
- More Power
- and somehow LOWER THE INSURANCE ON THIS B*tCH!!
people should stop crashing
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Malik_EvoIX
people should stop crashing
Agree. ***** of a friend bought a new $42K BMW and he only pais like $350/6months for his insurance @ 25 while I'm paying $~650/6months and I have home insurance with my place. I have 0 accidents/tickets except for the $7K total accident from hitting a deer but I guess that doesn't effect rates. My sunfire was about $500/6months which is probably from every high school kid being able to afford a cavalier/sunfire.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I would like to see DI with high compression an increase in displacement and weight reduction. Then I would definitely be ready to get back in an Evo.

I do still miss the trunk and back seat space of the CT9A though.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blast83
Agree. ***** of a friend bought a new $42K BMW and he only pais like $350/6months for his insurance @ 25 while I'm paying $~650/6months and I have home insurance with my place. I have 0 accidents/tickets except for the $7K total accident from hitting a deer but I guess that doesn't effect rates. My sunfire was about $500/6months which is probably from every high school kid being able to afford a cavalier/sunfire.
How old are you
Old Jan 2, 2009, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Not trying to be a negative, but I highly doubt we have a much lighter (if at all) evo in future. Actually, I expect the future evos to gain more weight.

Improve power? Not sure, but I have a feeling that when Mit does, expect the price to have a jump, & price closer to European Marques.

I think direct injection & better fuel economy are realistic & likely possibilities.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Don't expect the displacement to go up. Its a rally car and i doubt they will step it up above a 2.0, my question is why not have the Mivec control lift along with the timing? Wouldn't that be a lot better power and quicker spool??? Maybe I am wrong but I understand the current MIVEC setup on the X is only timing on ex. and in. Better than just timing on the IX but what about lift?!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BerserkerX
Don't expect the displacement to go up. Its a rally car and i doubt they will step it up above a 2.0, my question is why not have the Mivec control lift along with the timing? Wouldn't that be a lot better power and quicker spool??? Maybe I am wrong but I understand the current MIVEC setup on the X is only timing on ex. and in. Better than just timing on the IX but what about lift?!
With the Ralliart do they still need the Evo to be a 2.0? Some how the STI and WRX have managed to become 2.5L and still race. I know it's not an issue for WRC. I'm not sure of the Group N rules though.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

I am pretty sure that they use the EJ20 in the STI when they rally. The STI in japan actually comes with the EJ20 which is the 2.0. I am not 100% sure on this but I was told that Subaru is dropping out of the WRC. They might do something like that for the Ralliart. Maybe they should do like a 2.2.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Western_man
How old are you
25 why?

And yeah. The 2.0 Sti in Japan is supposed to be a better motor than the 2.5 here. I really don't know why they decided to go with a 2.5 here. Probably something to do with emissions and keeping the boost lower with larger displacement while creating 300hp.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BerserkerX
I am pretty sure that they use the EJ20 in the STI when they rally. The STI in japan actually comes with the EJ20 which is the 2.0. I am not 100% sure on this but I was told that Subaru is dropping out of the WRC. They might do something like that for the Ralliart. Maybe they should do like a 2.2.
I knew the STI stayed with the EJ20 in Japan. I also remember they changed the rules in WRC a while ago where they don't actually even have to build a homolagation road car like they used to. They still have to for group N I believe but I'm not sure what their engine specs are for that series. Also the WRC car was officially based on the lancer not the Evo starting with the WRC04. Mitsu actually dropped Evo from the name at that point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer_WRC

Subaru is dropping out of WRC.

I'm just saying that since this engine was designed in conjunction with Dodge to be built up to a 2.4L I believe, they might as well take advantage of that. It's not like it costs any more to build a 2.4 over a 2.0 and with the added weight of the X the increased torque would be very useful.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah but then there are some people who like the smaller engines. I am one of those people that like the smaller ones. Its either the low end torque from the bigger engines or the faster and higher revvs of the smaller engines. Didn't mitsu use the lancia when they first started to rally?? Lol off subject but just curious about it.

So back on subject besides direct injection, full MIVEC, and a bigger engine; what other things do people think should be put on the car. Can we expect maybe the car to not be running so rich from the factory? lol

Quick Reply: What's the next evolution