Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPtouted. The 1g and 2g was not built on a Galant chas. 3g and 4g is a different story.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Early EVO
GPtouted. The 1g and 2g was not built on a Galant chas. 3g and 4g is a different story.
No, you are wrong. The 1G was built on the 6G Galant chassis.
The 2G was on the 7G Galant chassis.
The 3G on the 8G
and the 4G on the 9G.

Here's a good article that covers the history of the Eclipse:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=103709

But I guess you are going to tell me that since the chassis codes are different, they must be different. Well, not exactly. The Eclipse platform is a modified Galant chassis, thus the different code. Obviously the length has been changed.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 10, 2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Here the Ralliart Galant came in 3 of 4 behind the Camry and altima SE-R, ahead of the Malibu SS.
Doesn't sound like they thought of the car negatively.
good gosh, do u listen to yourself speak ? dude, u r seriously making me laugh!
"Doesn't sound like they thought of the car negatively". Oh yea, they absolutely loved it!!
it was love at first sight... OH and then they rated it 3rd out of 4! behind only a 6y old Malibu which was a horrible horrible car, which GM couldnt wait long enough to completely redesign.

and the base Lancer came in 3rd of 4.

and the RA consistently comes in next to last, or DEAD last.

how r u ever going to base an argument on such results ??

and now u dont even have to ask me to look for any articles anymore.... u did all the research for me , u found all the relevant articles, and highlighted the relevant text !! gee thanks
Old Feb 12, 2009, 03:09 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No, you are wrong. The 1G was built on the 6G Galant chassis.
The 2G was on the 7G Galant chassis.
The 3G on the 8G
and the 4G on the 9G.

Here's a good article that covers the history of the Eclipse:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=103709

But I guess you are going to tell me that since the chassis codes are different, they must be different. Well, not exactly. The Eclipse platform is a modified Galant chassis, thus the different code. Obviously the length has been changed.

for "historical info" about mitsubishi, gptourer speaks the truth, having been connected with the mitsu establishment before
Old Feb 12, 2009, 03:21 PM

So what. You had a drag bucket 1G that was faster then some Evos. Big deal. That doesn't make DSMs better. One car can be made faster then an another by modding. There are some faster Civics then some Evos, but that doesn't make them better. The Evo is a better made car, its put together better, it has better stock parts it has overall better performance and higher potential. A DSM doesn't hold the time attack record, an Evo does. DSM's are faster at drag right now, but that's only because they are lighter.

What was your setup, lets see this 1G you have/had.

Ah ha ha ha. WHAT?!!! Are you kidding? The Evo stole something? Who is us? You mean the Eclipse crew? You do realize the Eclipse HAS ALWAYS BEEN BUILT ON THE GALANT CHASSIS FROM DAY ONE. The Eclipse was developed for the US market and later exported in very limited quantities to other countries. It has always been built in Normal, IL. The 4G is built on the Project America platform just like <gasp> the Galant and Endeavor that are also built in Normal, IL.

The Evo didn't "steal" anything, its always been built on the Lancer/Colt/Mirage chassis and always been built in Japan.

Dude I know exactly where they are built I grew up there. And next time you pop your hood let me know what engine is in there wait let me guess a 4g63t I wonder what car it was in first. Oh wait since evo's didn't see production in the US until 1992 it must have been the eclipse. I have never been under an evo but I would bet the pumpkin is cut from the same cloth as well. Its not my fault you bought a family sedan don't take it out on me. Oh and btw they werent built on a Galant chasis the chasis was based on it there is a difference

Last edited by HondaHunter78; Feb 12, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 03:27 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaHunter78
Dude I know exactly where they are built I grew up there. And next time you pop your hood let me know what engine is in there wait let me guess a 4g63t I wonder what car it was in first. Oh wait since evo's didn't see production in the US until 1992 it must have been the eclipse. I have never been under an evo but I would bet the pumpkin is cut from the same cloth as well. Its not my fault you bought a family sedan don't take it out on me. Oh and btw they werent built on a Galant chasis the chasis was based on it there is a difference
history of 4g63t!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Sirius_engine
Old Feb 12, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Me being a loyal fan has nothing to do with this. You trying to pass off your opinion and bad interpretation of magazine articles as worldwide consensus is whats wrong.
But they don't say it over and over. Once you have enough time to research this, instead of making these pointless replies you'll see that.
so u believe that they say it over and over, huh? so u think im just making it all up.... u r just determined to make me do work, arent u?
alright alright.... turn that frown upside down big fella... even after u did most of the research for me already, and actually found the articles you yourself asked for, on your own (articles from reputable magazines which never once in the last 10 years rated any Mitsubishi vehicle, other than "an Evo" anywhere close to 1st or 2nd, in a comparison), i still went out, took time from my busy schedule, tore myself from my family, and did just a bit of research... just cause we r such friends.
but dont get accustomed to such first class treatment, im not gonna do this every time u get upset that your favorite company makes crappy cars... at some point u are just gonna have to accept it my friend.

So, get your reading glasses, and a big cup of hot coco, this will take a while -

(A) quotes from Car&Driver, December 2008:
1) "Braking was second worst, and skidpad grip and fuel economy were poorest of the pack. On back roads, the Yokohama Advan A10 tires squealed like a stuck bunny, compromising an otherwise well-balanced chassis."
2) the Ralliart suffers from the car on which it’s based. Although it got top marks for rear-seat comfort, the cheap plastic from the base Lancer comes without upgrade in the interior. For $27,165, the second-highest base price of the group, we were hoping for a little more of everything.
3) Against this group, the Ralliart is a little short on performance, and plenty short of being a bargain.

(B) quotes from Road&Track, November 2008:

1) "by 100 mph, the Ralliart's lack of top-end power leaves it 1.3 sec. behind the Mazdaspeed3, and way behind the WRX, and the Cobalt SS."
2) In real-world driving, the limited power is more obvious. "It just doesn't feel that fast," said Executive Editor Douglas Kott, "especially in high-speed passing maneuvers." It's like you're Captain Kirk calling down to Scotty, looking for more power to reach Warp 9, and Scotty yells back, "I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!"
3) "The SST works really well when you're attacking a back road, but it's a bit clunky around town," said Senior Technical Editor Patrick Hong. Even in full automatic mode, the twin clutches aren't very smooth in stop-and-go traffic, and the occasional expensive-sounding thunk! when manually shifting from 1st to 2nd gear is disconcerting."
4) "But the main area we were let down by the Ralliart was its handling: Its steering feel is not the greatest," said our Assistant Road Test Editor, Calvin Kim.
5) It also has too much body roll and a lack of front grip. Around our 0.50-mile ProSolo autocross course (the same used in our "4-Track Free-For-All" cover story, September 2008), the Ralliart posted the slowest time. Kott called its nature "floppy and imprecise. It's an understatement to say it's not my favorite."

(C) quotes from MotorTrend, March 2009:

1) "the Ralliart delivered a lowest-in-test 17.0 mpg observed"
2) "The engine, though more than peppy enough, got occasionally boomy near redline, and the double-clutch transmission was sometimes abrupt in its machinations coming to a stop in automatic mode.
3) "Arguably, the interior's material standard is sub-par in this field."
4) "On the road, some of us felt the car's chassis poise was at times lacking. A clanking in the front suspension certainly wasn't reassuring and bumps tended to perturb the car's cornering composure. "
5) "And it's the rest of the field that's really the Lancer Ralliart's main problem here. For the most part, they're really heavy-hitters -- in many cases, take-no-prisoners-good."

SO.... after 3 reviews, on 3 separate occasions, 3 separate tracks, 3 separate weathers, many different drivers, the RA came in.... drum roll please.... DEAD LAST, next to LAST, and DEAD LAST AGAIN.... what is going on around here... this cannot be a industry-wide conspiracy, can it ?

now, i hope u read everything i posted very slowly, attentively, and gave it a chance to sink in. after all our debates, u asked me for articles. i gave you just that!!! and, regardless of what they liked and didnt like, they must have disliked a hellova lot more, than they liked, if they rated the RA so poorly, time and time again.

oh and please dont tell me "i havent driven any cars i mentioned, or that im making things up when i describe my personal feel while driving those vehicles"... years ago, i worked as a driver for a car dealer, and almost every week i had to drive the cars he bought at the auction in PA, to his lot in NY...

finally, im not saying u should start hating mitsubishi, after all, i too am an owner, and I too want to see succeed...

but my MAIN point thus far, has been very simple - 1) the Evo brand is their only leg to stand on, and, 2) they have a long way to go, to be competitive in the industry.

the end, have a nice day
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:06 PM

things arent any different here in hawaii. i went in to complain about the notchy gear issue (before i saw it here), and he told me he "didn't like the fact that i have an aftermarket shift knob". insinuating if there was any problem, they weren't covering it. jack asses.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
good gosh, do u listen to yourself speak ? dude, u r seriously making me laugh!
"Doesn't sound like they thought of the car negatively". Oh yea, they absolutely loved it!!
it was love at first sight... OH and then they rated it 3rd out of 4! behind only a 6y old Malibu which was a horrible horrible car, which GM couldnt wait long enough to completely redesign.
And...what is your point. The Galant is old too. You claimed they don't even deem Mitsus relevant to compare anymore that is obviously wrong. Their conclusion did not paint the car negatively. The bottom line is, comapros are more then just finishing order. Which for people like you who make false conlcusions on the articles without actually reading them, will never seem to understand.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HondaHunter78
The 4G63Bt actually showed up in cars before the Eclipse which sblvro already pointed out. You said the evo stole the "platform" which is different from engine, so you are still wrong.

Galant parts swap over to Eclipse parts of like generation. They did not spend a lot of money developing an all new platform just for the Eclispe which is primarily just a US offering with a little bit of exportation, so you can drop the semantics. The Eclipse is practically a Galant coupe. Always has been.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

<snip>
Wow, what a big waste of time quoting all the negative press you could find about the RA when you are still covering and backtracking from your false statements about Mitsus not being compared, no positive press every given about any of their other models, and that the Galant handles like a boat, Outlander like a 3 story building and standard Lancer being slow and porky.

No matter how much bold type, or how many smilies you use, you are still wrong. But bravo, you've just proven me right about how the RA has the unsufferable task of being in the Evos shadow, against other makes non compromised offerings. Whoopdee do.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

The bottom line is, comparos are more then just finishing order. Which for people like you who make false conlcusions on the articles without actually reading them, will never seem to understand.
i make false conclusions???? i didnt make any conclusions at all. the magazines did
seriously, are you in the same time zone ?? i highlighted the relevant sentences, u know, for the people who skim down to the very end, and just cant wait to hit the reply button
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

-
this has become a comedy!

first u weren't happy that all i do is quote magazines, and never state my own opinion...
ok, so i told u my opinion. then u didnt like my opinion cause "im just an amateur, and no professional or expert driver would ever agree with my assesments or personal views".

ok, back to the drawing boards for me.... i bring u quotes, one after another, from reputable sources. and whats your response? well suddenly, u don't trust magazines, cause they r all biased, and under a mysterious influence by industry leaders, and naturally look down upon the little guy, i.e. Mitsubishi

so again i go back to my opinion... Then, u again are not happy with my opinion, cause u somehow decided that im just making it all up, and i never really drove any cars i mentioned, Hence im not in a position to form an educated opinion... ok so then i told u that in fact i did drive, prolly hundreds of differfent cars, cause it was my job for a long time to do so. so in fact i am in a position to form an educated opinion.
again u r not happy, so again i go back to the quotes from magazines... and again u find a reason not to listen to the magazines.....

Anyway................................

i say hot, u say cold... ok, i try to agree with u, and say cold as well, just to be on the same page... u immediately switch back and saying hot ....

u know, when i took the Bar exam, although it was a long time ago, i do remember that one of the most common "choice answers" (in the multiple choice section of the exam), was "Circular Logic", which is defined as reasoning without an outcome, meaning, no end to it. a lot of people liked to chose that answer because it fit right into any question or dilemma. simply because thats how twisted and confusing every question was on the Bar Exam. of course since it appeared so often as one of the answers, it was almost always the wrong answer....

so, what did i learn from the Bar Exam? well if anything, that there is only one way out of Circular Logic....and, only one way for this to end.

and here it is....

Last edited by S6devil; Feb 13, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

this has become a comedy!
first u weren't happy that all i do is quote magazines, and never state my own opinion...
ok, so i told u my opinion. then u didnt like my opinion cause "im just an amateur, and no professional or expert driver would ever agree with my assesments or personal views".
Its not circular. Its very simple.

1. The RA is going to get a bad rap from journos because it will forever live in the shadow of the Evo. Not because it is a bad automobile. People will still enjoy an RA enough to buy it because they know they can buy a set of tires, a tune and a few bolt ons and have a better driver then any of those other FWD cars. The car has nearly the unlimited potential of its older brother.

2. You claim Mitsus never got tested because they weren't relevant. I showed this to be wrong.

3. You made false claims about the poor driving characteristics of the regular Lancer, Outlander and Galant and said the magazines backed you up. I showed this to be wrong.

All the smilies, BS, stupid pictures in the world doesn't change this. Its only circular and confusing to someone who is avoding these three core issues. I don not care about anything else you've done, have done, or how "qualified" you think you are. If you can't respond only to the three points above, then yes, you are done here.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
so there wouldn't be any new Evo models here.. or at all. Take care of your cars then all... at least there will be plenty of places online who will still sell the parts we need and the value will SKYROCKET on our cars !!
no one will want a evo if the dealer isn't present.
would u buy a mr2? even though the supplier stopped making them?

detroit is dead illi is dead econ is bad. no one will buy a performance car in a reccesion/depresion

Last edited by naniekso; Feb 13, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Not good news on mitsu future