Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enjoi
Link here

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...NEWS/100929952

Also I work for Mitsubishi, there is no news, no pre orders, no factory orders on 2011 Evo`s. If you dont care for any of that stuff try another dealer? Sometimes the current dealership your working with wont want to do a dealer trade and get an EVO from another mitsu. if you have a big hardon for WW then try another dealership, say i`ll sign right now if you can GUARANTEE me a WW GSR 2010 with full option to cancel if I dont get the right car. Simple as that. If the dealer really wants your buisness they`ll get their asses in gear. If not...just move on to the next Dealer. Good luck!
I had not 1 but 2 dealers trying to locate the car for me and the nearest one was 400 miles away. It had 300 miles on it already. In the tri-state area its a waste of time trying to find one.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 3BEEPS
I had not 1 but 2 dealers trying to locate the car for me and the nearest one was 400 miles away. It had 300 miles on it already. In the tri-state area its a waste of time trying to find one.

Guys...you cant always expect to have your cake and eat it too! were approaching the End of the year...the cars have blowout pricing on them, even though 300 miles is a bit high, you tell the dealership to put it on a truck and ship it over. offer to pay half for the truck ride over or if you didnt already gouge the mark up on the vehicle, the dealer can take it out of the gross.

If your going to let something as little as "its too far away" keep you down then you`ll just find something else to pick at in 2011 and worse finance rates, less discounts, and maybe features that they took out of the 2010`s you wanted.

Im not trying to be negative but sometimes if you really want it, you gotta bite the bullet. Push the dealer a bit and gain some respect, show them you want to buy and they`ll help you, show them your arrogant(and I dont mean any of you are arrogant) and they`ll slap you with msrp pricing and kick you out the door. Salesguys are humans too regardless if they`re ******. Some of em really do take their time to help you and if your arrogant or ask for the world...its a big putoff....especially if their manager yelled at them for not reaching quota/targets/etc..
Old Oct 2, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Enjoi
Link here

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...NEWS/100929952

Also I work for Mitsubishi, there is no news, no pre orders, no factory orders on 2011 Evo`s. If you dont care for any of that stuff try another dealer? Sometimes the current dealership your working with wont want to do a dealer trade and get an EVO from another mitsu. if you have a big hardon for WW then try another dealership, say i`ll sign right now if you can GUARANTEE me a WW GSR 2010 with full option to cancel if I dont get the right car. Simple as that. If the dealer really wants your buisness they`ll get their asses in gear. If not...just move on to the next Dealer. Good luck!
What do you mean by "there is no news"? When you say you work for Mitsubishi, in what way? American dealers of Japanese cars never order form the parent company (factory) in Japan, they order from the importer (in our case MMNA) who orders from the manufacturer in Japan. Dealers do order from the importer, or at least request what they would like to get. Your no news, no preorders, no factory orders is a bit misleading.

Last edited by dreamerak; Oct 2, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dreamerak
What do you mean by "there is no news"? When you say you work for Mitsubishi, in what way? American dealers of Japanese cars never order form the parent company (factory) in Japan, they order from the importer (in our case MMNA) who orders from the manufacturer in Japan. Dealers do order from the importer, or at least request what they would like to get. Your no news, no preorders, no factory orders is a bit misleading.
looks like you have a 11 mr on order, what's the dealer telling you regarding eta?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cbr1000
looks like you have a 11 mr on order, what's the dealer telling you regarding eta?
December eta

here's what my dealer sent me on my car that can't be ordered. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...rmed-mr-2-.txt
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think the Japanese Government will allow to go under just as our government didn't allow Chevy to go under. started it all for Japanese vehicles. It is a very tough economy, I can see though "Mergers" as we have here in the USA. Who will buy who?? who knows, but has been around longer than ANY other Japanese Car Co. But in the end, Time will tell.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs2006EVOIX
I don't think the Japanese Government will allow to go under just as our government didn't allow Chevy to go under. started it all for Japanese vehicles. It is a very tough economy, I can see though "Mergers" as we have here in the USA. Who will buy who?? who knows, but has been around longer than ANY other Japanese Car Co. But in the end, Time will tell.
Mitsubishi is a very large corporation, their automobile division is a small part of overall business. they are quite capable of subsidizing the auto side on their own.

Last edited by dreamerak; Oct 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs2006EVOIX
Originally Posted by medicevo
sucks
I agree

if only we had some reassurance that everything was okay.

if i were mits ceo i would announce to everyone what their plans are, then i would make sure it went out to everyone on the internet to see.. like a link of my speech, o-well
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

ouch sad to hear and sucks about subaru too
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dotman05
ouch sad to hear and sucks about subaru too

The Motor Trend post about Mitsubishi and Subaru is TWO YEARS OLD PEOPLE!! In 2009 Subaru was one of the few automobile companys to increase market share in the U.S. THEY AREN'T LEAVING THE U.S.! and as we see in the recent Mitsubishi press release they are staying too. Motor Trend was wrong, as they have been on other predictions, like the Golf R. Mitsubishi says they want to quadruple (x4) sales in North America. The only way to do that is to spend LARGE amounts of capital on new product. Looks to me like we can expect to see a lot of new product from Mitsubishi in N.A. in the coming years. One other thing, the automotive magazine business is just that, a business who wants to sell as much as possibile. Don't belive everthing you read.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

My buddy spent 3 years in Okinawa and said that Mitsubishi over there is WAY better. He said they have several cool cars that would do great in the market here....if they actually brought them here.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:26 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by dreamerak
The Motor Trend post about Mitsubishi and Subaru is TWO YEARS OLD PEOPLE!! In 2009 Subaru was one of the few automobile companys to increase market share in the U.S. THEY AREN'T LEAVING THE U.S.! and as we see in the recent Mitsubishi press release they are staying too. Motor Trend was wrong, as they have been on other predictions, like the Golf R. Mitsubishi says they want to quadruple (x4) sales in North America. The only way to do that is to spend LARGE amounts of capital on new product. Looks to me like we can expect to see a lot of new product from Mitsubishi in N.A. in the coming years. One other thing, the automotive magazine business is just that, a business who wants to sell as much as possibile. Don't belive everthing you read.
This. [/thread]

Old news.
2011 is coming, people!