Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Track prowess means nothing to the public unfortunately, while racers will admire and respect the Evo, the majority of people will wonder why someone dressed up their Lancer.
True. They would probably say that about any 4banger if I had to guess.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:28 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Meh. Regardless of whether or not Mitsu stays in the car business, car still won't be worth jack **** by the time I'm done with it. As for Evos, they don't hold value as it is, and the value will drop if they pull out of the US. At best, it'll become a sought after car for poor weekend warriors. Kind of like the old DSMs, where you pretty much have to buy them in pairs, one for parts, and one to drive. Regardless, though, this feels like another "the sky is falling!" flashback from 2004-2005. Even if things did really get that bad, I can't imagine any car maker just up and disappearing, abandoning everything they built up. Makes more sense to sell off the brand.

Originally Posted by GNR
If mitsu leaves there goes my cars. Mitsu is the only car company from japan that is still made there. Everything I buy is japan-korean only. The eclipse is a good car, but everyone wants rwd, not fwd. But most people doesnt know that RWD is **** in the rain and snow.. I will not drive an RWD period, even if it has traction control. Most people in america knows about mustangs and camaro, because they r americas. Go out and ask any asian out there about mustangs or camaros, they will tell u somethings like pieces of crap..
Huh? The majority of the public is well aware that RWD sucks in bad weather, which is why most cars are FWD now, easier for the average driver to control. Also, plenty of cars are still made in Japan. Remeber, Mitsu is merely the 6th largest Japanese car maker. All the major Japanese car companies still have manufacturing facilities in Japan.

Last edited by otter; Feb 1, 2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Car makers up and disappear all the time. Ever heard of OLDSMOBILE?, just one of the more recent. Major GM nameplate that was around for 100 years.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:40 PM

lol according to the superbowl commercials Hyundai is doing fantastic lolzor!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:48 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

So tell me which ones r japan made cars, I wanna to know.. If u try acura the only car is RL, Honda is the S2000, Toyota is landcruiser, Lexus is Is250/350, ES350, GS , GX, LS, NISSAN is 350Z and GT-R, Infinti is G35 coupe/ Sedan, M, maybe FX, SUZUKI SX4, Grand Vitara, anything else...
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
shiz i better buy another evo just in case lol.....
Old Feb 1, 2009, 09:07 PM

FWD sucks! put the power where it belongs when launching.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 09:14 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GNR
So tell me which ones r japan made cars, I wanna to know.. If u try acura the only car is RL, Honda is the S2000, Toyota is landcruiser, Lexus is Is250/350, ES350, GS , GX, LS, NISSAN is 350Z and GT-R, Infinti is G35 coupe/ Sedan, M, maybe FX, SUZUKI SX4, Grand Vitara, anything else...
I'm not going to do your research for you. For one example, Toyota has 11 or 12 factories in Japan, so they're making at least a few cars there. Now, whether or not they're shipping many of them to the US is another story, but no idea why it would matter. A Corolla made in the US is going to have the same engineering and design as one built in Japan, as an example.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

i think if the evo was in another movie that wasnt in Fast and the Furious franchise it would propel the status of the evo as a collector car in the future, because thats one of the reasons why american muscle cars became so well known to the average person IMO
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

A Mits. dealership that I bought my evo from 4 yrs. back just closed. Drove by and they were storing their Evo Xs in the building. The rest of the lot was empty. Sure hope Mits. doesn't dissapear.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
This isn't the first time there were talks of this from Mitsu.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/01/m...o-bail-on-u-s/

Originally Posted by Jam Evo
lol according to the superbowl commercials Hyundai is doing fantastic lolzor!
yea I got plenty of lolzercise watching that commercial
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:09 AM

you'd think theyd deal a little nicer since they are in bad shape, but in SoCal they are stingy with their prices.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 04:41 AM
Account Disabled

Well I hope they at least come out with a evo 11 before they leave the US
Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otter
As for Evos, they don't hold value as it is
My 38 month old Evo depreciated $6000. I sold it for 78.2% of its original value. Anybody who picked up a base GSR for $28,999 at the end of last month should expect similar depreciation as long as they don't rack up a lot of miles.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GNR
All the lexus vehicles except the RX SUV's are made in Japan. In Toyota, all the Scions, all the Hybrids are made in Japan (although they are retooling to manufacture them in the US). Almost all Infiniti cars are made in Japan.

Quick Reply: Not good news on mitsu future