Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:00 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot about subaru, because i already have an 2004 subaru forester XT, and 2008 legacy gt. Ths only subaru I need is WRX STI, and Tribca to my collection.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
thanks for the info
plus another <100,000 sales for 2009. mtsu needs to redo its US lineup
Yeah, they need to crash/smog certify their Japanese line-up for US sales. The i/MIEV would be a Smart-killer. And the Colt (especially the Ralliart/turbo..) would destroy the Yaris/Fit. And then there's their overseas-only truck..

They just need to go back to their 90s roots of small-ish, fuel efficient cars and a rock-solid true compact pickup truck.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WHTEVO
I'm sure Mitsu will still be big overseas.

Our local MItsu dealership has closed recently which sucks since i buy alot of OEM stuff from there. Word is they got bought out and are re-opening under a different Mitsu dealership owner. We will see.

Aaron
Same here in CT. Shelton Mitsubishi and Suburban Mitsubishi are gone. All that's left is crappy Schaller Mitsubishi and a few others far away from me
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mitsubishi sucks hot ***. the only car they make worth driving is the EVO. the service is horrible as well. after my EVO IX MR, i will never own another mitsubishi. i'm going back to the honda/acura family, BMW or Merc, or maybe even nissan. i'd driven pretty much nothing but honda/acura's before mitsu, and you can definately tell the difference in quality and service.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNR
So tell me which ones r japan made cars, I wanna to know.. If u try acura the only car is RL, Honda is the S2000, Toyota is landcruiser, Lexus is Is250/350, ES350, GS , GX, LS, NISSAN is 350Z and GT-R, Infinti is G35 coupe/ Sedan, M, maybe FX, SUZUKI SX4, Grand Vitara, anything else...
man, you're dumb.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Why would it go up? Despite what people think, the Evo isn't a classic car, at best it's a cult car. The Evo X hasn't been around that long and it's still a relatively unknown vehicle. While it performs well, it's not extraordinary, there are several other cars that have roughly equal performance. What does the Evo have that sets it apart? It's not an iconic car like the Skyline or the Supra, it's just a really nice car that some people love. If Mitsubishi left the US market, selling Evos would be hard as hell since not a lot of people want to buy a vehicle that has no factory support available.
Ok that's fair if you don't feel it's really well known to most... I would say for the most part that's accurate, BUT... if your average person knows what a Skyline is... most of them will know what an Evo is as well. The Skyline just came here last year, while the Evo has been here since 2003, and with all of the people who read car mags and such I think it is is a much more well known car than you realize.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by odub
mitsubishi sucks hot ***. The only car they make worth driving is the evo. The service is horrible as well. After my evo ix mr, i will never own another mitsubishi. i'm going back to the honda/acura family, bmw or merc, or maybe even nissan. I'd driven pretty much nothing but honda/acura's before mitsu, and you can definately tell the difference in quality and service.
+1
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dboz
The news is not better for Subie. Having lost its connection with GM, Toyota will now help keep it viable, which means, potentially, future Subie models powered with something other than horizontally opposed engines. The joint venture with Toyota on the sport coupe is on hold, however.
vtec turbo sti
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
mitsubishi sucks hot ***. the only car they make worth driving is the EVO. the service is horrible as well. after my EVO IX MR, i will never own another mitsubishi. i'm going back to the honda/acura family, BMW or Merc, or maybe even nissan. i'd driven pretty much nothing but honda/acura's before mitsu, and you can definately tell the difference in quality and service.
BMW and Merc are horribly unreliable, in my experience. Much worse than unmodded Mitsus. Nicer inside though.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Methodical4u
Ok that's fair if you don't feel it's really well known to most... I would say for the most part that's accurate, BUT... if your average person knows what a Skyline is... most of them will know what an Evo is as well. The Skyline just came here last year, while the Evo has been here since 2003, and with all of the people who read car mags and such I think it is is a much more well known car than you realize.
The Skyline is a legend vehicle though, people have known about them for years because of video games, movies, magazines and the imported models. The Evo on the other hand is still a relatively unknown car, which is a shame really.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
Agreed. However I will always keep my 03. When I bought it I never had any intention of getting it serviced through mitsu, nor did I give two ***** about any kind of warranty heck I never even asked. I bought it to mod and drive and for 110k it has yet to disapoint me

I would never buy any other product from MMNA their service is simply the worst in the US. I will continue to by Honda/Acura as well.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

If you've been in the market looking at mitsubishi's you'd know that this rumor has been circulating about mitsu for years. Will it happen? I have no idea, but this rumor is old, and I give it no more credibility than the toyota sleezeball salesmen telling me mitsu was on their way out 4 years ago.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
The Skyline is a legend vehicle though, people have known about them for years because of video games, movies, magazines and the imported models. The Evo on the other hand is still a relatively unknown car, which is a shame really.
Thats really funny cause I can't name one game that includes the skyline but excludes the evo.....No doubt the the skyline is always the "be all and end all" in all games but the evo is always the car that will get you to the final level
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by initialdrew
Thats really funny cause I can't name one game that includes the skyline but excludes the evo.....No doubt the the skyline is always the "be all and end all" in all games but the evo is always the car that will get you to the final level
Again true but those games also features other cars (like the Eclipse or the Golf) that none of us would think are classics.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Conor
Yeah, they need to crash/smog certify their Japanese line-up for US sales. The i/MIEV would be a Smart-killer. And the Colt (especially the Ralliart/turbo..) would destroy the Yaris/Fit. And then there's their overseas-only truck..

They just need to go back to their 90s roots of small-ish, fuel efficient cars and a rock-solid true compact pickup truck.
The sad news is, most Amercans could care less about little pocket book cars. They are not practical for families and most perceive them as death traps on the interstates. The brand has never really caught on except in the tuner world. Sales continue to dry up, reviews of their products are less than stellar, and they rarely even include cars like the Galant in test comparos with Camry, Accord, Altima or VW even.

Mitsu will keep selling cars for a while. No sense to go completely out while you are still moving product, but it just makes the cost of supporting a dealer network prohibitive. Lack of dealer support and warranty honoring is what will kill sales faster than anything, and from what you guys say, they suck at service. That is something the average consumer takes into account and will not tolerate or overlook. Many with EVO's probably do a lot of work themselves, so it is a non-issue for them since they mod anyway.

If Hyundai can get out cars at this price, I see no reason why Mitsu needs to be significantly above them. 2.0 turbo (based off the 4b11) with 6 speed for under twenty, and the RA is almost 28-30k. I don't think the AWD system and two extra doors is worth 8-9 grand. I think pricing is what is killing MITSU. Its that simple. It is tough to spend that on a souped up economy car chassis. Knock 5k off the price and they sell like crazy. Same for EVO's. Can you imagine a 28-30k Evo? Hotcakes.

2.0T 6 speed - $19,689 US
2.0T Auto - $20,895 US
2.0T Premium 6 speed - $22,100
2.0T Premium auto - $23,306
2.0T GT - $24,712

3.8L 6 speed - $26,521
3.8L ZF Auto - $27,968
3.8L GT 6 speed (full load) -$28,128
3.8L GT ZF Auto - $29,575

Quick Reply: Not good news on mitsu future