Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Agreed. However I will always keep my 03. When I bought it I never had any intention of getting it serviced through mitsu, nor did I give two ***** about any kind of warranty heck I never even asked. I bought it to mod and drive and for 110k it has yet to disapoint me

I would never buy any other product from MMNA their service is simply the worst in the US. I will continue to by Honda/Acura as well.
i agree with you. i don't plan to ever get rid of my IX MR. so far i've got 118,xxx miles on it, and its still running like a champ and stomping *** at autocrosses so i couldn't be happier with the car. it is by far my favorite of every car i've ever owned. that said, i still hate mitsubishi. i wish the EVO was made by honda lol
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
The Skyline is a legend vehicle though, people have known about them for years because of video games, movies, magazines and the imported models. The Evo on the other hand is still a relatively unknown car, which is a shame really.

I totally disagree and of course this is just my opinion. Ask any enthusiast what an EVO is, and they will tell you what it is. Ask a chick what an skyline or EVO is and she will respond with "huh?". I guess you're missing the part where EVO's has been out since the 90's participating in Rallies and what not. I think you got your shiznit twisted. It's ok to be a hater, I understand.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
The sad news is, most Amercans could care less about little pocket book cars. They are not practical for families and most perceive them as death traps on the interstates. The brand has never really caught on except in the tuner world. Sales continue to dry up, reviews of their products are less than stellar, and they rarely even include cars like the Galant in test comparos with Camry, Accord, Altima or VW.

If Hyundai can get out cars at this price, I see no reason why Mitsu needs to be significantly above them. 2.0 turbo (based off the 4b11) with 6 speed for under twenty, and the RA is almost 28-30k. I don't think the AWD system and two extra doors is worth 8-9 grand. I think pricing is what is killing MITSU. Its that simple. It is tough to spend that on a souped up economy car chassis. Knock 5k off the price and they sell like crazy. Same for EVO's. Can you imagine a 28-30k Evo? Hotcakes.
couldn't have said it better.
i have been saying this for exactly a year now! who in their right mind would buy a $40,000 vehicle, thats slower than a chevy cobalt, and wears a mitsubishi name brand?? why do it ??? just cause of the cool SST trans ? oh please, a garden variety VW golf has one too, so what....
with so many choices out there, and most of them thousands of dollars cheaper, what's peoples' incentive to keep buying the Evo? it grew in price so much since 2003-04
and then the RA came out... and its again $26-30k !! good heavens, a better performing, and better equipped WRX is thousands less! and the WRX barely increased in price since 2003
people really starting to count their every penny these days, you gotta keep the price down my friends, not raise it!
the RA finished DEAD LAST in the latest comparison, yet it had the second highest price. enough said !

gosh, half the form members went on to infiniti's & bmw's... hey, same price as an Evo, so why not
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Reth IX MR
I totally disagree and of course this is just my opinion. Ask any enthusiast what an EVO is, and they will tell you what it is. Ask a chick what an skyline or EVO is and she will respond with "huh?". I guess you're missing the part where EVO's has been out since the 90's participating in Rallies and what not. I think you got your shiznit twisted. It's ok to be a hater, I understand.
Yes, because I don't think the Evo, a car that has been in the US market for 6 years and is still relatively unknown, is a classic car I'm clearly a hater . It doesn't matter what enthusiasts think, that doesn't make a car a classic and it doesn't make a car worth eighty bazillion dollars. If 99% of people don't know what it is, why would they want to buy it, especially if the manufacturer has left the local market? Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, are considered classics because they've been around for decades and most people, even non-car people, know what they are. They've managed to become a part of the local culture and local history. The Evo is nothing like that in the US market.

Last edited by ambystom01; Feb 3, 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by S6devil
i have been saying this for exactly a year now! who in their right mind would buy a $40,000 vehicle, thats slower than a chevy cobalt, and wears a mitsubishi name brand?? why do it ??? just cause of the cool SST trans ? oh please, a garden variety VW golf has one too, so what....
with so many choices out there, and most of them thousands of dollars cheaper, what's peoples' incentive to keep buying the Evo? it grew in price so much since 2003-04
and then the RA came out... and its again $26-30k !! good heavens, a better performing, and better equipped WRX is thousands less! and the WRX barely increased in price since 2003
people really starting to count their every penny these days, you gotta keep the price down my friends, not raise it!
the RA finished DEAD LAST in the latest comparison, yet it had the second highest price. enough said !

gosh, half the form members went on to infiniti's & bmw's... hey, same price as an Evo, so why not
Or they buy Subarus . I agree though, Mitsubishi just doesn't have that edge anymore. I like Mitsubishi cars, they simply feel different, but at the same time, why would I pay more for a car that has less features or lower performance just for a feel that is arguably disappearing anyways? I would love to own an Evo someday but part of the problem is dealerships are treating them like Ferraris. Another member mentioned that the two Calgary dealerships have had Evos sitting collecting dust for months yet they still won't move on price. At the same time you can go to the BMW dealership, the Audi dealership, etc. where they actually want to sell the car.

Last edited by ambystom01; Feb 3, 2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

i heard something about minivans werent classics??
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Reth IX MR
I am 23 and I just found out a couple months ago what an EVO was when I bought my first Mitsubishi Lancer RA and googled up parts for it and found myself here. I do not consider myslef a rally enthusiast, but that does not make me a hater. I love the Lancer! This has been the first car I absolutely love and I cannot wait to buy an EVO. With that being said, through video games and such I knew what a Skyline or Supra was, but not until recently did I know anything about EVO's nor Lancer's at that
Old Feb 4, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by parrishr13
I am 23 and I just found out a couple months ago what an EVO was when I bought my first Mitsubishi Lancer RA and googled up parts for it and found myself here. I do not consider myslef a rally enthusiast, but that does not make me a hater. I love the Lancer! This has been the first car I absolutely love and I cannot wait to buy an EVO. With that being said, through video games and such I knew what a Skyline or Supra was, but not until recently did I know anything about EVO's nor Lancer's at that
I remember going to a car show when the EVO first came here. I walked up, looked at the sticker and said who the hell would pay that for a Lancer. I had no idea about its performance, and frankly at the time I did not care. I was a blue blood American V8 guy, still am to some degree.

http://jalopnik.com/5146072/mitsubis...f-rally-racing

Last edited by dboz; Feb 4, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, looks like they are really closing down all the peripheral units to their automotive business.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=318056
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would wait for some official blurb from Mitsu before I started panicking. Not take some little editorialized blurb in a Motor Trend mag as gospel. Its Mitsubishi Heavy that is the largest shareholder of MMC, not Mitsubishi Bank UFJ. They can't even get that right.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 5, 2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

I'm kinda surprised Mitsubishi is doing this poorly. Around my area it seems like every other car is a new Eclipse and/or Lancer. I never see any Mitsu SUVs though.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

mitsubishi has become the new hyundai ROFL
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:40 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

Doesnt hyundai uses mitsubishi parts...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
i agree with you. i don't plan to ever get rid of my IX MR. so far i've got 118,xxx miles on it, and its still running like a champ and stomping *** at autocrosses so i couldn't be happier with the car. it is by far my favorite of every car i've ever owned. that said, i still hate mitsubishi. i wish the EVO was made by honda lol
I couldn't agree more.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil

AWD and better looks would make me spend the extra money. Plus who wants the cobalt? I looked into it and when I pressed the sunroof button, it fell off. That was the one on the showfloor. lol. Drove the GTI and it was soft and boring, but had a nice updated comfortable interior for the most part. Mazdaspeed3 is nice if you're just doing a couple things to it or if you feel like building the motor before getting somewhat serious with it. I would still lower the price around 2k and see what happened with sales. Probably too late now. I have always wondered why people never include mitsubishis in all the car tests besides the evo.

Quick Reply: Not good news on mitsu future