Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they stopped making the stuff I wanted years ago anyways.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:12 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

U guys think honda is soo superior, think again. I`ll take an Subaru product any day over an honda product..
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Excalibur
Plus who wants the cobalt? I looked into it and when I pressed the sunroof button, it fell off. That was the one on the showfloor. lol. Drove the GTI and it was soft and boring, but had a nice updated comfortable interior for the most part. Mazdaspeed3 is nice if you're just doing a couple things to it or if you feel like building the motor before getting somewhat serious with it.
the '09 RalliArt finished 6th out of 8 in the latest comparison in MotorTrend [thats after finishing 7th, out of 7 (that's DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD LAST), in Car&Driver's December issue!!!

now 2 magazines hate the RA, and even make weird references to the Evo X.

just like i said back then (in December, when C&D results came out) - pathetic and inexcusable. the end

P.S. the cobalt is always in the top 3, AND, the boring GTI, well, it was #1 !!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

o..no
Old Feb 6, 2009, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
the '09 RalliArt finished 6th out of 8 in the latest comparison in MotorTrend [thats after finishing 7th, out of 7 (that's DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD LAST), in Car&Driver's December issue!!!

just like i said back then (in December, when C&D results came out) - pathetic and inexcusable. the end

They're not rating just performance or potential. They bring into account other stuff. Just go drive a gti. You'll see what I'm talking about.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mitsubishi products hardly every finished first, if ever in those stupid comparos. Even back when there were VR-4's, GSX's, etc etc. All of those magazines have bias and I've heard people who favor more popular brands complain about the same thing. C&D picked the M3 as the best car ever, over the GT-R. The Honda Accord has what seems like a permanent spot on its 10 best list. Motor Trend always seems to have slower performance numbers. I can sometimes predict the winner of some of those comparisons just by looking who's in it, or at least guess the top three.

As far as the RA is concerned. The first one was said to be weak and hobbled by weak all season tires. The same thing is said about this car, but it has MUCH MUCH better hardware and more potential. Mitsu doesn't want to give the RA too much power and too much capability or else why pay a premium for an Evo? If all it takes is a set of tires to wake the car up, put a damn set of tires on it. Real enthusiasts know this and will buy a Ralliart over those FWD competitiors, who coincidentally don't make a better/Evo class sport compact.

The Lancer is as good or better then any Civic or Corolla.
The Outlander is as good or better then any Rav-4 or CRV.
The Evo has no equal.

Mitsu just needs to make a new Galant and Endeavor, the current ones would be good competiors if it was 2002. The Eclipse needs to go back to its roots.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 6, 2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Excalibur
They're not rating just performance or potential. They bring into account other stuff. Just go drive a gti. You'll see what I'm talking about.
i've owned 3 jettas in the past. couldnt be happier
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Mitsubishi products hardly every finished first, if ever in those stupid comparos. Even back when there were VR-4's, GSX's, etc etc. All of those magazines have bias and I've heard people who favor more popular brands complain about the same thing. C&D picked the M3 as the best car ever, over the GT-R. The Honda Accord has what seems like a permanent spot on its 10 best list. Motor Trend always seems to have slower performance numbers. I can sometimes predict the winner of some of those comparisons just by looking who's in it, or at least guess the top three.
gee, i wonder who's stupid, the comparos, or the cars ???

The fact that Mitsu never finishes first is the least of the problems... most of the time Mitsu's arent even in the comparos ... i wonder why

you could say whatever you want about magazine editors' and drivers' biases, But when several mags, consistently rate a Chevy in the top 3, and a Mitsu anywhere between walking and taking the city bus, you know there must be something to it.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

back in time even the Chevy Citation was in the 10 best,and you know it was the crapiest car ever made,i believe detroit have something to do here to keep american made cars in competition when you now they are not competition. i have a 03 gti turbo that have seen flatbed 4 times,rigth now is junked cause trans failure with only 68,000 miles,my 97 hyundai accent and 99 hyundai sonata never have let me in the road.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

i wish toyota would pick up where they left off on the supra.. or have even atleast a sportscar that they can put as their flagship model..

maybe a camry with a turbo.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The fact that Mitsu never finishes first is the least of the problems... most of the time Mitsu's arent even in the comparos ... i wonder why
They are only going to compare new or relevant models. Thats why you don't see the Galant and endeavor compared anymore, they haven't changed significantly in years. I've seen the the Evo, the Lancer and the Outlander and to a lesser degree the Eclipse in several recent comparos.

you could say whatever you want about magazine editors' and drivers' biases, But when several mags, consistently rate a Chevy in the top 3, and a Mitsu anywhere between walking and taking the city bus, you know there must be something to it.
There is something to it. The Cobalt SS is a well sorted car. Its raw performance numbers are at the top. Its designers used an Evo as a benchmark while dialing it in. Yet it will still lose to the GTi or MS3 because of some odd "gotta have it" or "panache" or touchy feely quotient they throw in to sway the odds in favor of whoever they're jockeying this month.

Show me one review of the RA where some writer alludes to it being "between walking and taking the city bus." Or was that just BS you made up?

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 6, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled

sucks
Old Feb 6, 2009, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

r.i.p mitsubishi
Old Feb 6, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

i've owned 3 jettas in the past. couldnt be happier
I can't speak for the 3 jettas. I've only test drove an 08 gti and have been in the gli. The gli is nice due to the luxury factor, but that's it for me. The GTI on the other hand is soft. The clutch, steering, handling, etc, is all sub-par to me. I would have to change all those things out just to be happy driving the car. Then, in the end of the day, it's still a fwd vehicle which is the reason I'm selling my blown 07 si.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:35 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

Forget about the performance. Did anyone see the cobalts trunk? What the **** did engineers design the trunk, u cant even put a suitcase in it. The opening too small. The seats r uncomforable... airconditioning isnt cold over 30c.

Quick Reply: Not good news on mitsu future