Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Not good news on mitsu future

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone, stop concentrating on the Chevy so much! the RA lost to 6 other cars as well, in 2 separate magazines!!!!!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:23 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

RA lost because it had AWD, dual clutch tranny( others didnt come with auto, try testing the other cars with auto), and also RA was the heaviest one there I bet.. I wanna to see who will come out on top doing top speed runs on straight, then first turn lose control and do an 360, double flip and see which car the driver lives.. Thats why the ralliart was built to survive...
Old Feb 7, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by S6devil
everyone, stop concentrating on the Chevy so much! the RA lost to 6 other cars as well, in 2 separate magazines!!!!!

You just don't get it. If you actually read the comparisons instead of only looking at the finishing order you wouldn't have said things like:

"between walking and taking the city bus."
"now 2 magazines hate the RA"

Which is just flat out wrong.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:01 AM

Those magazines always hate on mitsu. Mitsu is always the underestimated underdog.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

yes i do read, every word my friend.

fine, u r right, they dont hate it. not at all. they just consistently rate it 7th or 8th...
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HondaHunter78
Those magazines always hate on mitsu. Mitsu is always the underestimated underdog.
not true!!
most mags loved the Evo VIII and IX. for years mags claimed the Evo was a better performing and more enjoyable car than the Sti.
The Evo was the segment leader, till the X showed its fat, slow and expensive snout
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not true!!
most mags loved the Evo VIII and IX. for years mags claimed the Evo was a better performing and more enjoyable car than the Sti.
The Evo was the segment leader, till the X showed its fat, slow and expensive snout
I haven't seen much bad press about the X either. The consensus I've gotten is that it is a little slower in straight line speed, but it is a better handler. It won this comparo:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...omparison_test

So it is still the segment leader. It is more often compared to itself or former self, actually then other cars.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...son/index.html

So again, I really don't see how you can draw these conclusions after actually reading these articles. Please share the ones that show the X to be dethroned from segment leader because its slow, fat and expensive.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

no matter how many articles i show, its still an Evo forum. what else could i possibly expect to hear on it, other than mitsubishi is great, all else is bad.

i just referred u to 2 separate tests, being conducted 3 months apart, by 2 individual magazines, both placing the RA dead last, or next to last. and still people dismissed the results, and claimed magazine bias and favoritism. so why would i waste a minute more looking for an article about the X ??? no matter what, u, and others will still deny it, or find an excuse.
bad tires, heavy driver, bad weather, bad mood....
Old Feb 7, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I haven't seen much bad press about the X either.
The Autoweek Long Term update stated that the MR SST enthusiasm was starting to wane and that it was concerning how the trans would shift mid turn and jolt the car. They also said potholes were still very jarring and was getting old.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:18 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

Must be the stiff suspension, ask them to live with an lamberghin gallado?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

not true!!
My dealer is selling x's with the lip kit for 32k. The gsr 03 I had was 33k. It's not really that expensive imo. Unless they're marking them up in other places or something. They are heavier though.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:10 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

no matter how many articles i show, its still an Evo forum. what else could i possibly expect to hear on it, other than mitsubishi is great, all else is bad.

i just referred u to 2 separate tests, being conducted 3 months apart, by 2 individual magazines, both placing the RA dead last, or next to last. and still people dismissed the results, and claimed magazine bias and favoritism. so why would i waste a minute more looking for an article about the X ??? no matter what, u, and others will still deny it, or find an excuse.
bad tires, heavy driver, bad weather, bad mood....
You are sooo right! good job buddy. Glad your bringing all of this to our attention. Well, looks like you will find yourself more at home at a lexus or mercedes Forum.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

^ well for one, the average age is certainly higher there
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:27 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree with s6 on this one. the ralliart is suppose to showcase the mitsu racing heritage since previous evo's were made by the ralliart division of mitsu in japan. But the ralliart has no bite at all and deadlast in all the comparo test. I was surprised that C/D picked the evo to win the Sti battle time and time again but it is because they liked the evo so much
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
IMO, the ralliart was a huge failure. Mainly because of price, second because you're forced to use the SST. The SST is great for some people (heavy traffic, don't know how to use a stick)... but it didn't perform the way we thought it would on paper. Has sluggish shifts randomly, gets confused which gear to be in on certain RPMs, very costly to replace. With that being said, it's not just the SST that made the Ralliart a non competitor. I think the biggest thing has going against it this year is weight. You're supposed to LOSE weight not add it. Heavy cars only appeal to luxury people. If could really get their cars on a weight loss diet, they would be some major contenders. One thing is for sure, is advertising like crazy. Everywhere I go I see marketing. That WILL pay off in the end. I think if was really planning on closing their doors they would scale back marketing before closing. I think they will be around a while longer.

Quick Reply: Not good news on mitsu future