Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Are there Evo hatchbacks in the US?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
be honest i dont care for what they did to the new body style i just feel they stole the subi's idean an went with it its not a wagon anymore...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i saw a evo 9 wagon in hawaii.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stradag
IDK why the u.s. never gets anything different, we get the watered down version of everything. FORGET THIS!!! IM MOVING TO JAPAN!!! lol

hatches blow...but Japan is pretty sweet it cost a sh** ton like perviously said but its a cool place to get chance to drive some things youd never be able too and see some cool places
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Ripping off an ugly Subie idea for the X, or trying to create a 'fast Volvo wagon' are two of the lesser product marketing ideas I have ever heard. Well, at least in the context of > 0.9g cars with top speeds over 150mph. The Porsche Cayenne was IMHO an iffy idea and has only seen pre-Recession sales that could even be closely associated to successful.

To try to "evolve" the Evolution to be one of those is sort of abandoning the sports roots and deciding to consciously become a family truckster/people hauler. Oh well, I don't run the company. If I did, I'd try to continue to keep the adrenaline and excitement alive in my company via the products that represent who the company is.

Vehicles are not just NHTSB perviews of safety. Sorry. I love my car for the performance; the more the performance, the more I love her.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:24 PM

Answer and Facts about Japanese markets

Originally Posted by Stradag
IDK why the u.s. never gets anything different, we get the watered down version of everything. FORGET THIS!!! IM MOVING TO JAPAN!!! lol
Does anyone else realize why this is true, or is it just me?
Japan and other Asian countries (Europe as well) gets a lot of products and newer technologies before the US. This is mostly because consumers in Japan have learned to deal with all the non-functioning aspects in exchange for having the newest and hottest gadgets and cars. Companies in these countries workout the kinks first then ship it to us, because most other places consider Americans really picky, and we wont buy something if we know it doesn't work. In short, Japanese markets tests the products and fixes em before we get them, and often gets rid of the non-working components (sometimes "Watering them down.")

To answer the question, for 2010, on the lancer/ralliart is offered as a sportback, and as of yet, there are no talks of the evo being a sportback - at least in the us.
The person on this thread who saw one in hawaii, although I cannot say for certain because obviously I was not there, it was most likely a lancer not an evo.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_market
(Specifically the section titled "Risk versus Time")

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...iart-sportback

Not offered on Mitsu's site either:
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...s.do?loc=en-us

Hope this helps (I know, I'm a nerd with way too much time )
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Drivefly
That's funny. Thought Id seen one before. Am I wrong?
It might be me who is wrong, but based on what I've read, its the lancer sportback, not the evo, but then again I didnt look too far into it, and I did not check markets in other countries
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes there is, they call them subaru's
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

it was a evo wagon but it was the evo 9 wagon as i said. someone had it imported over some how. i thought this thread was about both since i saw the pic of the 9 wagon.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancer517
Does anyone else realize why this is true, or is it just me?
Japan and other Asian countries (Europe as well) gets a lot of products and newer technologies before the US. This is mostly because consumers in Japan have learned to deal with all the non-functioning aspects in exchange for having the newest and hottest gadgets and cars. Companies in these countries workout the kinks first then ship it to us, because most other places consider Americans really picky, and we wont buy something if we know it doesn't work. In short, Japanese markets tests the products and fixes em before we get them, and often gets rid of the non-working components (sometimes "Watering them down.")

To answer the question, for 2010, on the lancer/ralliart is offered as a sportback, and as of yet, there are no talks of the evo being a sportback - at least in the us.
The person on this thread who saw one in hawaii, although I cannot say for certain because obviously I was not there, it was most likely a lancer not an evo.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_market
(Specifically the section titled "Risk versus Time")

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...iart-sportback

Not offered on Mitsu's site either:
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...s.do?loc=en-us

Hope this helps (I know, I'm a nerd with way too much time )
'Went to dinner last night with a couple of motor-head, car loving Brits last night. They both politely but directly told the group of us Americans that we are uptight in the US with sticks up our a-$es. Being seen as an uptight culture, why introduce anything that couldn't hold up to pretty tight liability lawsuits. US is lawsuit happy, another way to win the lottery. We tend to sue for everything, including driving illegally with two feet in an automatic vehicle, then we slam, defame, and sue the manufacturer.

Yeah, I know the business behind avoiding the US. We got those hosed up puritans from 4 centuries ago after the UK booted them for intolerance. They're here, descendants proudly still going around telling everyone how things should be and throwing their voice, vote and money around to ensure control and consistency.

Proud to be an American. Just wish we could send some of the citizens to Guantanamo.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Of course, in an uptight culture, those Volvo market customers might just appeal to Mitsu someday; of course there wouldn't be a need for anything faster than a Ralliart when it comes to those buyers. Don't forget those ever-important fold down rear seats..... soooo important when you're going sideways to be able to include large storage in the trunk.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:42 PM

i like the hatch alot, cant wait to see some swaps for the hatch
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:21 PM

Those sportbacks looks really good, but the evo wagon is just hideous!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:10 AM

Subaru tried the hatchback and it was a total failure so now the 4-door STI sedan is back for 2011.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by verde2002
Subaru tried the hatchback and it was a total failure so now the 4-door STI sedan is back for 2011.
yeah a local friend of mine disliked the hatchback so much he was going to wait for the 2011 sedans, but just a few days ago I guess he found a good deal on an 07 STI so he went with that.
Old May 12, 2010, 11:03 PM

I have the only evo ix 2 dr hatch. lol

Quick Reply: Are there Evo hatchbacks in the US?