Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Big & Good & Bad News from Mitsubishi Today 04/01/2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ yet. pajero (montero) is still going strong overseas and may make its way back here if its determined theres enough demand. there will be a minivan tho, almost for sure. google search: "mitsubishi delica" and look at the first result under images
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That Outlander Sport will sell like hotcakes in Canada.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jazket
Yep, Eclipse 2011 was drastically changed (looks wise)... It's got a black roof w-sunroof on all models, lower ride, dual-exhaust (better note even from the I4) all leather interior, bluetooth, rockford fosgate, full HID-Projector headlights, black out "evo-like" nose (now Mitsu's trademark front grille), sport 18x8 wheels (the ones that the 07 Galant Ralliart would come with)

It looks way better (despite being the same freaking car), and the GS (4cyl) now comes with dual exahust... I just got my wife one about 2 weeks ago, they're just getting to the showrooms.

The thruth is, Mitsubishi keeps updating the Eclipse 4G little by little but this car has 6 years already, and it's time for a new model. The Concept RA should've been out by next year, but I guess the years 2008/2009 had other things in mind for Mitsu...

Here's a pic of the current Eclipse, the wifey's ride:

If it had a turbo and AWD/RWD mitsu would be selling more of these... and they'd have more money to invest in a new eclipse/galant model as well...
i think the new eclipse looks great. hows the sales for the eclipse?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I'm assuming they're still going strong... but so far this year the Lancer's outsold the Eclipse (at least here in Miami) based on the information I get from my friend at the Dealer
Old May 5, 2010, 02:40 PM

This overall depressing news ;(
Old May 5, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i did drove the 09 Pajero Turbo diesel in eu. It is awesome!
Old May 5, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

as long as the STi is around EVO is not going anywhere, both companies have been at it for decades and neither one of them are about to give up.
Old May 6, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

ive been a mitsu fan since they came over here with the 3kgt. my dad has worked at the dealership since i was 4, and they got mitsu when i was 7 or 8. always loved their cars. but, IMO, the lancer platform cars are the only thing they really have going for them. The galants are nice, but overpriced when you compare with competitve models. the endeavor is hideous, and the eclipse, well, i dont see how it is supposed to compete with the nissan 350 and the gen2 coupe from hundai? something needs to happen to bring the eclipse back to its roots. i would love to see the montero come back and get rid of the endeavor as well, but thats just me
Old May 6, 2010, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

I would say the Outlander is highly underrated. Hasn't it been ranked pretty high in recent reliability ratings? But, as this thread illustrates, hardly anyone knows about its existence...
Old May 7, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the new evo should come with ~350hp, then bump up the eclipse with a more powerful v6 and I4 producing 310hp and 280hp respectively..not sure where the ralliart would go...hmmm..but def bump up the lancer to 190hp area...

This way the evo would really kick a$$ when it comes to the sti, while the eclipse can eat a 350z and well, the lonely lancer can uhm....?
Old May 7, 2010, 03:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CMcraz23
I think the new evo should come with ~350hp, then bump up the eclipse with a more powerful v6 and I4 producing 310hp and 280hp respectively..not sure where the ralliart would go...hmmm..but def bump up the lancer to 190hp area...

This way the evo would really kick a$$ when it comes to the sti, while the eclipse can eat a 350z and well, the lonely lancer can uhm....?
I think you mean 370Z and the eclipse would need major refining to touch a sports car such as the Z... RWD, power and response, handling, better interior and less weight and also beef up the looks as it looks really soft mainly the headlamps. The lancer should get AWD on its base models to justify its price compared to the Impreza and gather a larger fan base.
Old May 7, 2010, 04:12 PM

the concept galant looks sooo good!

as for the "new" eclipse... they gotta do something with that. and those mirrors just dont look right.
Old May 8, 2010, 07:05 PM

Evo with hybrid could be an excellent performer and fuel efficient too.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

For the price that I paid for the Evo X, I can't honestly say that I would recommend it to anyone else. My immediate plan is to sell it after it's paid off.
Old May 12, 2010, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Optiblue
For the price that I paid for the Evo X, I can't honestly say that I would recommend it to anyone else. My immediate plan is to sell it after it's paid off.
Wow really that bad?

Quick Reply: Big & Good & Bad News from Mitsubishi Today 04/01/2010