Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Big & Good & Bad News from Mitsubishi Today 04/01/2010

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jamesm331
I've heard this from multiple people in my area and thats what really convinced me to go for a ix rather than the x. If youve ever had a ix op whats your input on it compared to the x. Thanks.
I originally looked at an IX but owners are asking too much for them IMO. The interior is 15 years out of date, the exterior still looks good but also very dated and while I probably could live with it, the ride makes the X feel like a luxury car in comparison. I'd like to have an IX for a weekend/track car but if I could only have one I would take the EVO X 10/10 times. Despite what VIII and IX owners say the X handles better which is really what these cars are all about.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:41 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by heavyD
I originally looked at an IX but owners are asking too much for them IMO. The interior is 15 years out of date, the exterior still looks good but also very dated and while I probably could live with it, the ride makes the X feel like a luxury car in comparison. I'd like to have an IX for a weekend/track car but if I could only have one I would take the EVO X 10/10 times. Despite what VIII and IX owners say the X handles better which is really what these cars are all about.
but we don't want our IXs to feel like luxury cars. still, i respect your opinion even though i'm the opposite. i won't go into why i prefer a IX over a X, as the arguments have been made a million times. my IX is sharp, responsive, and more fun to drive than any other car i've ever been in (and i've owned/driven a lot of cars). i don't feel anything about my interior is outdated. i've read this many, many times, but just don't see it. as for the exterior: every time i look at my car i nearly get a chubby. i L O V E the way my car looks and plan to only ever change the front bumper (still not a fan of the "snorkels").
again, just your opinion and mine. shared by some, but not others.
curious: if the X handles better, why would you prefer a IX for a track car?
either way, i'm sure we can agree that both cars are SWEET. i wouldn't mind a X as a DD, if gas weren't an issue. sadly, i drive 100s of miles per week for work. so i drive a civic. LOL
Old May 31, 2010, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hybrid would suck.
Old May 31, 2010, 10:59 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by beast66
hybrid would suck.
even if it has more power, is faster, handles better, AND gets better MPG?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
even if it has more power, is faster, handles better, AND gets better MPG?
Yes.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:18 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by TommiM
Yes.
....Okay. Meanwhile we'll all be running 10-sec 1/4mi and kicking *** on the road courses (since electric motors make tons of tq at about 0RPM) AND get 50mpg while you dump all your $$ into the gas tank of your dinosaur. :-P
I agree with you and all.. But I can't argue with "better".
Old Jun 2, 2010, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
....Okay. Meanwhile we'll all be running 10-sec 1/4mi and kicking *** on the road courses (since electric motors make tons of tq at about 0RPM) AND get 50mpg while you dump all your $$ into the gas tank of your dinosaur. :-P
I agree with you and all.. But I can't argue with "better".

Maybe in the future we will be able to tune electric motors to reduce spool on turbochargers, increase torque curve with agressive cams, etc. Have you seen/driven an electric car around an autox/ road course? the electric motors make so much tq that the issue becomes just spinning out every turn. The tq is so instant its on/off, on a drag strip they are fine, as I have seen a few elec draggers that were damn fast. But really I dont care about a straight line.
If you can find a way to tune the motors tq output then I would agree with you, but until we can do stuff like that I will stick to my dinosaur consuming engine.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
but we don't want our IXs to feel like luxury cars. still, i respect your opinion even though i'm the opposite. i won't go into why i prefer a IX over a X, as the arguments have been made a million times. my IX is sharp, responsive, and more fun to drive than any other car i've ever been in (and i've owned/driven a lot of cars). i don't feel anything about my interior is outdated. i've read this many, many times, but just don't see it. as for the exterior: every time i look at my car i nearly get a chubby. i L O V E the way my car looks and plan to only ever change the front bumper (still not a fan of the "snorkels").
again, just your opinion and mine. shared by some, but not others.
curious: if the X handles better, why would you prefer a IX for a track car?
either way, i'm sure we can agree that both cars are SWEET. i wouldn't mind a X as a DD, if gas weren't an issue. sadly, i drive 100s of miles per week for work. so i drive a civic. LOL

I felt the same way after reading heavyD's post. I guess it's just different preferences, but I didn't buy either of my Evos for any sort of luxury ride. I checked out the X after my VIII but ultimately decided to stick with the whole VIII/IX thing and got a IX.

And I as well simply love the look of my IX... I can't help but keep looking back at it everytime I park
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:16 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by SeanT
I can't help but keep looking back at it everytime I park
Ha funny you say that cause I've said that exact same thing, more than once. Any time I walk through the garage, I stop and look for a few. I always wanted a white, IX MR. This is the first time I ended up with the EXACT car I wanted. My Type-R was close. It was black. I wanted white.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mind the MPG of the hybrid, but I'm scared of what this will do in terms of killing a great track car:

- additional weight (X is already heavy, how much heavier will it get) leading to hindering handling and increasing more stress on brakes to slow down
- track performance and durability (will the motor overheat after 10 mins of use; will performance go down as battery charge depletes and so on...)

I just came across this: http://www.roadandtrack.com/special_...011-honda-cr-z
The Honda cr-z is a hybrid that they are marketing as a sporty car... wonder if the future EVO wants to compete on that level...

Last edited by xtnct; Jun 5, 2010 at 05:04 AM.