Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by srcevo8
While I agree that the reasoning of a cheaper AT, it's not the right move. Making the most expensive trim level a lil cheaper is not the same volume-mover as making the cheapest trim level cheaper. Throw a barebones RS on the market at like $29k and there would be crowds of people heading to dealers. Introducing a mid-level model might make someone buying a GSR pony up a lil more but that person was already going to buy a GSR. Or if that person was there for the AT MR then they're going to step down which loses Mitsu money.

I really want to know what's in store for the 2011 GSR. I've been looking at 08's since they're much cheaper now but I may hold off until Mitsu announces the '11 changes. If it's just accessory swapping I can do that on my own for much cheaper.
While I do like this version a lot, and If I end up getting an EVO X anytime soon, it will probably be this model, I have to point out that just because the MR is a higher cost model, that doesn't mean mitsu makes more money off of it. the amount they make is dependant in the markup of the vehicle.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I agree that the reasoning of a cheaper AT, it's not the right move. Making the most expensive trim level a lil cheaper is not the same volume-mover as making the cheapest trim level cheaper. Throw a barebones RS on the market at like $29k and there would be crowds of people heading to dealers. Introducing a mid-level model might make someone buying a GSR pony up a lil more but that person was already going to buy a GSR. Or if that person was there for the AT MR then they're going to step down which loses Mitsu money.
You have to look at who the car is competing against.

The guy buying the RS @ $29k isn't going to give Mitsubishi much margin to work with.

The guy looking at the MR/MRT @ $40-45k is probably also looking at other cars in the 40k to 50k range.

I think Mitsubishi has been finding out the hard way that they don't have brand name or the luxury or the refinement (interior rattles, build quality, paint, etc) to compete with the BMWs and Audis 40k-50k and up.

IMHO the sweet spot for the dual-clutch Evo is around 35k. Which is exactly where this new model is going. At ~35k it's going up against stuff like the Infiniti G37, or the Acuras, Audi A3, 328is, etc, which I think it will be very competitive with. It will certainly perform better than those cars.

I think it's a smart move for Mitsubishi.

Last edited by aaaaa0; Jul 8, 2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aaaaa0
You have to look at who the car is competing against.

The guy buying the RS @ $29k isn't going to give Mitsubishi much margin to work with.

The guy looking at the MR/MRT @ $40-45k is probably also looking at other cars in the 40k to 50k range.

I think Mitsubishi has been finding out the hard way that they don't have brand name or the luxury or the refinement (interior rattles, build quality, paint, etc) to compete with the BMWs and Audis 40k-50k and up.

IMHO the sweet spot for the dual-clutch Evo is around 35k. Which is exactly where this new model is going. At ~35k it's going up against stuff like the Infiniti G37, or the Acuras, Audi A3, 328is, etc, which I think it will be very competitive with. It will certainly perform better than those cars.

I think it's a smart move for Mitsubishi.

Agreed. It looks like it will have the xenons, SSS package, and the 2 piece rotors included in the $36k price tag. That ain't too bad at all.

Of course, everyone is *****ing about it sucking really has no idea what they're talking about until it hits dealers or Mitsu puts more info on their website.

I like it. personally
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spooled_u
Agreed. It looks like it will have the xenons, SSS package, and the 2 piece rotors included in the $36k price tag. That ain't too bad at all.

Of course, everyone is *****ing about it sucking really has no idea what they're talking about until it hits dealers or Mitsu puts more info on their website.

I like it. personally
Also in addition to the MR brakes the MR suspension and heated cloth recaro seats. I probably would have bought this car instead of my MR. Now that it's clear what the car comes with it's actually looking like a pretty good deal.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Throw a barebones RS on the market at like $29k and there would be crowds of people heading to dealers.

Nobody bought the last generation of EVO RS not sure why you think that people would be flocking to an X RS.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by heavyD
Nobody bought the last generation of EVO RS not sure why you think that people would be flocking to an X RS.
Probably because the X is a bit over priced and a lot of that comes from 'options' people would prefer not to have. I am guessing that if they did an urban jungle type version for $29,500 it would sell well.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

I'd love to exchange my X GSR for this... too bad I can't afford another trade-in lol. All it really needs are OEM vortex generators.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
Also in addition to the MR brakes the MR suspension and heated cloth recaro seats. I probably would have bought this car instead of my MR. Now that it's clear what the car comes with it's actually looking like a pretty good deal.
Wait so it will have the SSS package with the large wing and heated seats too? Where are you getting your info from? The only stuff I can find on it is form motortrend which isn't really that much.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 09:06 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

You can find all of the information at 's media site:

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...9-26804b0dd1ad

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...1-dec14b0dd0fc

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...4-02134b0dcfc7
Old Jul 8, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

thats wierd though because they are saying it's a 2010 model in multiple places whereas motortrend says its going to be marketed as a 2011 model. nothing has changed at all on the MR or GSR either
Old Jul 9, 2010, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

Well, the SE just very well might be my next Evo...

According to the specs, the base SE comes w/ MR suspension, brakes, trans, and HIDs... Perfect ! I can add my own system, and FAST key is just mehh.

Spot on Mitsubishi !
Old Jul 9, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the more I look at this car, the more I like it. it's exactly what I wanted. an MR without all the crap I didn't need anyway. the only thing i don't like is heated seats, and the small wing. they could have kept the heated seats and given the car fastkey. very nice indeed. the only thing I'd have to add is the big wing. I was wondering what I would get for my next car, and I think this one made the decision easy for me.

Last edited by ODUB; Jul 9, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

here is what my dealer just said to me:

"From what we know so far, there aren't too many changes for the 2011's. They are keeping the GSR, MR, and MR-Touring trim levels, while adding a package for leather seats in the GSR. I've noticed all the talk on autoblog, motortrend, etc about the 2011 EVO "SE," however we ordered them as 2010 models and they have given us no reason to believe that they will be sold as anything but a 2010. They are doing a single production run that had a very short window for placing orders. In fact, we were the only WA dealer to order them. We have two on the way, one graphite gray and one wicked white. All we know about price is that they will be priced lower than an MR.

For the SE model picture a GSR model with the following upgrades:
1. TC-SST transmission with magnesium paddle shifters and normal, sport, and s-sport modes.
2. Bilstein shocks with Eibach coil springs
3. 2-piece front rotors
4. HID headlamps with manual leveling
5. Heated front Recaro seats
6. Replace wing spoiler with the lip spoiler
7. SE badge

That is the scoop for now. I will update you with new information as it becomes available. Let me know if you would like to secure one of our incoming SE's for yourself."

This clears up anyone's doubts about there not being a leather package in the GSR. very nice. im excited!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

i wouldn't quite say that what any dealer says "clears up" what is to come. But thanks for posting. that is what i am waiting to hear, i want leather in my new GSR soooo bad.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

here is another comment from my dealer when I asked them about the MR for 2011:

"For the 2011 Evolution MR Mitsubishi is replacing the high wing spoiler with the lip spoiler that has been on the Touring models. The Touring will be a package as opposed to a separate trim level. They are offering a Premium package under the Touring package and the base MR will be more basic.
The base MR will have full cloth Recaro seats like in the present GSR models and they will also get our FUSE handsfree sytem with USB port. It will still have the TC-SST, HID headlamps, Bilstein/Eibach suspension, BBS wheels and 2-piece front rotors.
The Premium package will add: 710watt Rockford audio, Sirius, FAST key, sound dampening enhancement, chrome grille surround & beltline, upgraded center console, and the Recaro's will get the leather/suede treament that they have had in 2008 and 2010.
The Touring package is just like it was for 2010.
They will also have revised exhaust tuning to give it a more powerful sound, especially at low RPM's. We are currently taking orders that will be due in around November/December so let me know if you're onboard."

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE