Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW im getting tired of mitsu all ready if they f*** up the x1 youll be seeing me at the nearest subi dealership....or looking for a used 9
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
R0Y

I just don't understand why they're still raving about the TC-SST tranny
it's sucks!!! and i regret even buy my MR . . . ~___~
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
it seems as though the people at subaru have kept their ears open in comparison to mitsu who refuses to give people what they want.http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...preza-wrx-sti/
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R0Y
I just don't understand why they're still raving about the TC-SST tranny
it's sucks!!! and i regret even buy my MR . . . ~___~
I hate my MR too. It can't do what I can do in a manual better in the city.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jayevo23
it seems as though the people at subaru have kept their ears open in comparison to mitsu who refuses to give people what they want.http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...preza-wrx-sti/
unless your a subaru owner who likes your pistons in one piece. Here's some interesting reading.http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-lite...ting-data.html
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll pass!
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
get rid of the dam X's for good ,, the body is ugly heavy and non evo looking unless you put wheels and lower it then it loos like a nice car...

bring back the 4G63 engine with MIVEC on both intake and exhaust side CT9 platform.

mitsu has screwed the pootch trying to reach a wider market
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
get rid of the dam X's for good ,, the body is ugly heavy and non evo looking unless you put wheels and lower it then it loos like a nice car...

bring back the 4G63 engine with MIVEC on both intake and exhaust side CT9 platform.

mitsu has screwed the pootch trying to reach a wider market
I don't understand. The EVO X looks better, has a better interior, handles better than the IX. I'm not sure if I could have parted with over $30k for a tin can death trap like the IX. The EVO X has more substance and looks less boy racer which is a plus and is a better all around car. The only problem with the X is that it was released during the biggest recession since the great depression. It's just bad times for this type of car.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jayevo23
And what is that? Make the car uglier and still no fix for the piston issues despite carrying over the same basic car from last generation with little improvement with the exception of finally going away from rear struts? Spend some time at a Subaru forum. The majority hate the 08+ WRX/STi.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
And what is that? Make the car uglier and still no fix for the piston issues despite carrying over the same basic car from last generation with little improvement with the exception of finally going away from rear struts? Spend some time at a Subaru forum. The majority hate the 08+ WRX/STi.
HeavyD is right, speaking as a three time subi owner, the EVO is the better car by far. A big reason the owners of 07+ STI's are unhappy is the crap factory tune, you need to get a pro tune just to make the car run properly. and then pray you don't crack a piston as the engine is EXTREMELY sensitive to detonation. And subie dealers will deny warranty claims for mods just as quick as mitsu will. Also when I buy AMSOIL for my new X it won't be from some X hater. Really excellent marketing apagan01

Last edited by dreamerak; Aug 8, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally love the EVO X. the only gripe I've ever had is that it's a few hundred pounds heavier. it looks good, the interior is nice, and the handling is better than the IX. the car is faster than the IX in everything but a straight line, and it's not even by that much. also, a tune with fix that. The X is a great car, and I will most likely pic one of the SE's or MR's up in the next year or so and dedicate my IX to track duty....I say that, but i'm sure i'll race both lol
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

I think its excellent what Mitsu did with the X, its a step in the right direction. Yes the older evos were a purist's delight, not a lot of bells and whistles apart from the mechanical aspect. Mitsu stepped it up with the X and made an evo thats fun to drive but has the comforts and features it was lacking in the years before. It has opened itself up to a wider market, but the more people buying X's, the more feedback and development will go into the future evo's. Subaru's new WRX, not the 2011, is ugly, generic and boring. It looks like a damn saturn. I think their reasoning behind the 2011 and why it looks so much better has a lot to do with Mitsu's development of the X, so the rally street car series of cars will have a wider variety of buyers than the normal subaru and mitsu purists who are not happy with change. As far as the SST goes, I believe its also a step in the right direction for Mitsu. Whether or not your happy with it, it shifts faster than a manual and also opens up the Evo market to people that cant or dont want to drive stick anymore. Most of the big name supercars are using twin clutch trannies and being that its new to mitsu, you must have expected some issues...right? Just because you cant put up the same hp numbers as a GSR with mods, it doesnt mean the tranny is crap. There are a lot of options for strengthening the SST tranny, so if your whining because of a "limit" to your torque numbers because of it, drop some cash or drop the car and get a GSR.

Last edited by SOG RA; Aug 14, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

heres the major problem with the SE as I was asking mitsu about it:

"Nate, the Lancer Evolution SE will be $35,790 when it comes out next month. Check with your local dealer because there are only a limited amount of these being produced. (From Mitsubishi spokesman not dealer) "

So the real question is with the 6 speed transmission is it worth the extra 2-3k instead of the gsr? For only 300-350 tq and 500 hp which is the highest I ve seen the transmission hold...not really
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Well, like I said, Mitsu is releasing this car more as a test than anything else. They are feeling around to see if there is a market for that model as well. Believe it or not, there are going to be people that prefer this model over the MR and the GSR, granted it may be a small percentage, its a percentage nonetheless. It opens up the evo market to a new buyer, someone in between both models of the X that now has an option. On top of all this, seems like there are not a lot of guys that buy the MR with the strict mindset of modding it as much as possible. Seems like most guys buying the MR are buying it because of the fact that its a more refined, somewhat mature version of the GSR. Lets not forget, there are probably a lot of people that would love to own an Evo but cant drive stick, these are the models for them, its a new market, thats all.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is what the noob says (i think he's a NASIOC plant):

Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
heres the major problem with the SE as I was asking mitsu about it:

"Nate, the Lancer Evolution SE will be $35,790 when it comes out next month. Check with your local dealer because there are only a limited amount of these being produced. (From Mitsubishi spokesman not dealer) "

So the real question is with the 6 speed transmission is it worth the extra 2-3k instead of the gsr? For only 300-350 tq and 500 hp which is the highest I ve seen the transmission hold...not really

This is what the experts say:

You're welcome
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
320wtq on that dynapak (under 300wtq on our Mustang, proven) is far and away from the actual clutch discs limits...

You are seeing software / stock rom tune limitations.

Some actual data I can share is we had a 2008 MR (BBX equipped) at 390whp/340wtq running for a bit, owner upgrade to SSP discs for future proofing and the stock discs looked brand new still when they came out.

Also have a FPgreen equipped with meth injection @ 26psi with no clutch slipping after tuning it out.

Have a bunch of other MR's running around with about the same power/trq with no issues of slipping.

However most MR's do hit the stock tune limit with mild mods and the clutches will slip, until you tune it out.

The stock discs need to get more credit then they currently do...

- Bryan

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE