Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I say anything wrong? I stated "350-400 tq" so far you ve proven my point.

(I think he's a NASIOC plant) strike 1 man.... I dont even know what the hell that is.

After searching wtf man your just fishing for the dumbest things to get on me....subies suck! Now thats settled, back on topic....sst is higher maintaince then just going out and learning how to drive a stick. Its not hard at all and you get all the options of a MR or SE for a couple grand cheeper if you do it yourself.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
Did I say anything wrong? I stated "350-400 tq" so far you ve proven my point.

(I think he's a NASIOC plant) strike 1 man.... I dont even know what the hell that is.

After searching wtf man your just fishing for the dumbest things to get on me....subies suck! Now thats settled, back on topic....sst is higher maintaince then just going out and learning how to drive a stick. Its not hard at all and you get all the options of a MR or SE for a couple grand cheeper if you do it yourself.
you said 300-350tq, and the statement from the guys who know the most about these is that they can handle much more than that. also, upgrades are available to take the car into the 500-600whp/tq range. so your argumenet about the SST is an uninformed one, and you're spreading a bunch of bs.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed! Like I had said, sst is new to Mitsu, which also means its new to all of our tuners. Once everything is figured out, numbers wont be such an issue. The sst tables are limited for stock numbers, Brian and many others, are starting to tweak these tables to see what they are capable of when tuned differently. As with anything new, there will be people who talk down on it and claim the older, more common thing is the only way to go. Lets not forget the GSR is a 5 speed. The MR/SE with its tranny is overall a better Evo than the GSR. An evo is a track car, its not meant for drag racing, its meant for tracks and canyon roads. The MR is proven to be faster on the track than the GSR, so imo, it makes for a better car as a whole and compliments what the car is meant to do.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
Mitsu seems to think that all the enthusiasts lust after the SST which I for one do not. Yeah yeah I know the argument that it can shift faster than I can and shaves off lap time, but how does that affect me? I daily-drive my cars and am looking for something that's just fun to drive which flipping a paddle, although nice at times, is not. I too don't understand the heated seats on the SE. They either should have released a GSR with the MR handling package (shocks/springs/rotors) (and MR suede seats?) or a MR with a manual transmission.
I see what you are saying, but this sentiment is contradictory to the complaints of the masses.

Everyone is saying that the EVOX should be built strictly as a performance car. Yet, when they accomplish that...with faster shift times and smoother acceleration, people complain.

Originally Posted by RoBear
You guys nailed it.... Mitsu went the wrong direction with this one. They should be releasing an Evo X RS "Superleggera" with all the performance goodies (2-piece rotors, bbs wheels, bilstein shocks, etc.); delete all the luxury (sun roof, heated/leather, hi-fi stereo, SST, etc.) and knock a few hundred pounds off of it.

Honestly, who among us could resist a car with a curb weight under an Evo IX, SAWC, and the rigidity of the evo X chassis. That thing would haul.
Amen to that!

Originally Posted by mitsumanny
AGREED 100% on a RS version instead. This would possibly reverse my feelings about the X. You want luxury get a beemer. You want performance get an EVO.
Performance of the EVOX was bettered by the SST. Just saying.

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Sounds decisions according to whom? Enthusiasts? There is no getting around that this is a mass produced car and must appeal to everyone. All of the members on this and the sister forum put together only make up a small percentage of the Evolution owners out there.
True dat.

Originally Posted by i love my evo
I was thinking the same thing! you should post it on SoCalEvo.net lol. IF only Mitsubishi made the SE model like the 9 SE model...Red stitching, I am ALL for that Probably just be getting the SSS package when I "upgrade" (since some people think its a downgrade, had to put the " ") to a X for the IX viewers that think that way)
Ya, some stitching, brake upgrades, suspension, carbon fiber, and exterior changes would be sick.

Theez seem 2 convai my $.02 centz on da isshew.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:23 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kirradude1025
True dat.
Actually, dat (sic) is not true. The car was never meant to appeal to the masses, as I pointed out in a previous post. Mitsu just can't make that many:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8375592-post53.html
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dreamerak
HeavyD is right, speaking as a three time subi owner, the EVO is the better car by far. A big reason the owners of 07+ STI's are unhappy is the crap factory tune, you need to get a pro tune just to make the car run properly. and then pray you don't crack a piston as the engine is EXTREMELY sensitive to detonation. And subie dealers will deny warranty claims for mods just as quick as mitsu will. Also when I buy AMSOIL for my new X it won't be from some X hater. Really excellent marketing apagan01
lmao!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

The Evo X SE is now on mistubishi's website, but it's listed as a 2010 rather than 2011 which I heard its supposed to be called. Am I ill informed or am I just confused like the rest of us?

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/evo/10/trims.do

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/media/...pdf/10VINs.pdf
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OnCloudIX
The Evo X SE is now on mistubishi's website, but it's listed as a 2010 rather than 2011 which I heard its supposed to be called. Am I ill informed or am I just confused like the rest of us?

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/evo/10/trims.do

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/media/...pdf/10VINs.pdf
Yeah I'm two dealers told me SE will be 2010 but there is post that someone on here saw a SE with 2011 sticker.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dreamerak
Yeah I'm two dealers told me SE will be 2010 but there is post that someone on here saw a SE with 2011 sticker.
Mitsu is updating the site right about now (fri 27th august, 6:56 pm EST)

maybe they're adding the new Evo stuff, Outlander Sport specs, and '11 models of the rest of their cars (Lancer/Outlander) since they already updated their site with 11 Eclipsed, Gaylants and Ugh-deavors (yes, pun intended lol)

Last edited by jazket; Aug 27, 2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

2 SEs were listed on cars.com in florida.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...MENT&pgId=2102

And once again they are listed as 2010 and not 2011.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OnCloudIX
2 SEs were listed on cars.com in florida.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...MENT&pgId=2102

And once again they are listed as 2010 and not 2011.
The SE is officially listed @ MitsuCars.com and... it says 2010

www.mitsubishicars.com

what the heck?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

For those who need more proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0vVC...ayer_embedded#!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

looks like a 2010 to me.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

aluminium shift knob and e-brake comes standard on the SE? I wouldn't mind those options!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, you guys are right. i must have made a mistake on the year. they are 2010 models. I still want one lol

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE