Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the SE for what its intended for. Im sick of getting my butt handed to me by a GT-R at the AutoX's up here because he can shift from first to second 6-7 times a run. If the dual clutch MANUAL transmission keeps that car competative then I'm all for it. Just like the stock ECU, Im sure tuners will learn the process of the transmission computer and start to adjust them.

The "sweet" 5 speed in my IX doesn't like to be shifted anything but up. (sarcastic comment) I for one am not impressed at all with the shift feel of my car, and in comparison to Miata's and S2k's the Mitsu box just flat sucks.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:26 AM

so how is everyone liking their x se?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

I'm loving mine but am still in break in miles. I think the SST is awesome and something you can't find anywhere else at this price point. The SE is the best performance car for the money, hands down. That's why i bought one.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:39 PM

anything you dont like about it? besides the break in miles.lol
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoeric69
anything you dont like about it? besides the break in miles.lol
No complaints at all, great car! I plan to mod it down the road and will start with a tranny kit to be safe. My long term HP goals aren't super high, drag race type numbers. I want a track car so 300 -400 to the wheels is way more than enough and the transmission can hold that from what I've seen online.

If you want to mod it just factor in the extra $$$$ for a tranny kit and install. Not cheep but worth it my opinion to have the SST.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Bought a Phantom Black SE, and so far all is great! Couple of minor comments (not complaints; just observations):

1.) Tranny is noisy - someone posted that SSTs sound like mid 18th century printing presses. This is dead on! Might have something to do with the lack of sound insulation on the SE. That said, I'll take weight over NVH any day!

2.) Single disc CD player. Would it have been that hard to make the 6-disk standard? Then again, there is an iPod/MP3 port...

3.) No F.A.S.T key - lesser cars have this feature - but then again lesser cars are not Evos!

Other than that, it's damn near close to the perfect Evo (assuming an Evo is all about driving and not IT technology, seismographic sound systems and rich, Corinthian leather).

All the go fast stuff and none of the heavy luxury stuff.

In the words of Ferris Bueller:

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. "

Brez!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:55 AM

I bought an SE because I still have my S2k. I feel these cars compliment each other very well.

The S2k is a straight up driver's car. Nice gearbox, great pedal layout, and good or bad, it does exactly what you tell it. If you aren't paying attention, the car can bite you.

The SE is like a luxury car in comparison. Handles great in all weather, predictable, torquey, comfortable. You can fly thru truns while sipping on a Red Bull talking to your gf.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Been looking at a S2K to compliment the Evo SE. Not right away since I just got the Evo but definitely will pick one up in the future. S2K and Evo SE - two classy low key monsters which do what they were designed for very well.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brez!
Bought a Phantom Black SE, and so far all is great! Couple of minor comments (not complaints; just observations):

1.) Tranny is noisy - someone posted that SSTs sound like mid 18th century printing presses. This is dead on! Might have something to do with the lack of sound insulation on the SE. That said, I'll take weight over NVH any day!

2.) Single disc CD player. Would it have been that hard to make the 6-disk standard? Then again, there is an iPod/MP3 port...

3.) No F.A.S.T key - lesser cars have this feature - but then again lesser cars are not Evos!

Other than that, it's damn near close to the perfect Evo (assuming an Evo is all about driving and not IT technology, seismographic sound systems and rich, Corinthian leather).

All the go fast stuff and none of the heavy luxury stuff.

In the words of Ferris Bueller:

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. "

Brez!

I pod jack my ***, thats what i thought its got plugs for like audio vidio what is this the 80s
Old Apr 10, 2011, 06:03 PM

any you take yours to te track yet?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoeric69
any you take yours to te track yet?
i'll be autocrossing it for the first time on the 17th. can't wait.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish these were available in 09.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:18 PM

almost got an SE, Wife talked me into MR-T..either is a good choice though
Old May 25, 2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by myersap93
almost got an SE, Wife talked me into MR-T..either is a good choice though

Your wife talked u into a MR! Wow, what a wife!
Old May 25, 2011, 10:49 AM

The "sweet" 5 speed in my IX doesn't like to be shifted anything but up. (sarcastic comment) I for one am not impressed at all with the shift feel of my car, and in comparison to Miata's and S2k's the Mitsu box just flat sucks.
[/QUOTE]

My S2k only likes to be shifted DOWN. 1st - 2nd gear is a delicate process where you have to take 2 deep breathes, then match rev's on the upshifts, and slide the shifter as far to the right as you can while trying to get to 2nd.