Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 06:41 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't understand why Mitsu keeps shooting itself in the foot. The X isn't selling well, the car's core audience isn't buying/lusting after the newer model, so what do they do? Instead of introducing a higher-performance alternative (if in name only) with a manual, a car that could actually sell, they give the market another "Evo" with heated seats and an automatic. Ruts-a-ruck.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a gsr with those upgrades.. would make it an MR Touring?what would be the differrence? it would make more sense if it were an MR but with the 5-speed.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by THE JAVI
a gsr with those upgrades.. would make it an MR Touring?what would be the differrence? it would make more sense if it were an MR but with the 5-speed.
Mitsu seems to think that all the enthusiasts lust after the SST which I for one do not. Yeah yeah I know the argument that it can shift faster than I can and shaves off lap time, but how does that affect me? I daily-drive my cars and am looking for something that's just fun to drive which flipping a paddle, although nice at times, is not. I too don't understand the heated seats on the SE. They either should have released a GSR with the MR handling package (shocks/springs/rotors) (and MR suede seats?) or a MR with a manual transmission.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:48 PM

^ AGREE WITH YOU 100%!

The SST would be great around the track, which i may do once or twice a year, but i drive on the streets everyday. Com'on Mitsubishi, get it right so i can hurry up and buy one!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:53 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Call me cynical, but I have a feeling that Mitsu overestimated the demand for the SST, got stuck with a bunch, and are trying to peddle the suckers. I mean, very little of this makes sense staring with the introduction of the X as a slower, heavier car, continuing to the MR-T - an Evo in name only - and culminating with the SE. It's as if they're purposefully trying to discount the marque.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 03:07 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Call me cynical, but I have a feeling that Mitsu overestimated the demand for the SST, got stuck with a bunch, and are trying to peddle the suckers. I mean, very little of this makes sense staring with the introduction of the X as a slower, heavier car, continuing to the MR-T - an Evo in name only - and culminating with the SE. It's as if they're purposefully trying to discount the marque.
I agree with you.
I know the new manual is a little different, but if they offered a manual six speed that was stronger than the unit in the VIII/IX, I think it would help a ton! They could slightly address the fuel economy and buzzy short top gear on the highway issue in one swoop.

For the people that have embraced and prefer the SST, fine. But there are still those of us who want a manual clutch+shifter. I know that I would not consider any Evolution if it was SST only, and would move to another brand.

From what you say, it sounds like the other changes are enough in many people's minds to alienate the core base. I can appreciate your position. When I drove that Evo 6, it was so awesome and light!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fastlanez
Guess it didnt work... Well, if you wanna see it go to *************** and search for: 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X SE (Coming Fall 2010 to U.S. Market)

Maybe someone who knows what there doing can add the link here. Thanks
This?

Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

I hope not....i want a GSR with MR upgrade package! Not a MR with a GSR package....
Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Limited to 300? I wish they would do a EVO X RS limited to 300 I would just be oh so happy. The chances of that are 0% though.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:23 AM

I would definitely buy the X MR for my DD purpose but I wish they would handle stage 2 + power levels without having any kind of problems in the future. I'm afraid of breaking the new transmissions like SST, DSG because they are expensive. So I opted for the EVO 9 Manual since I still enjoy driving stick shift.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:06 AM

Thanks Mr. Tim, i couldnt figure out how to post it here.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fastlanez
Thanks Mr. Tim, i couldnt figure out how to post it here.
NP, i just wasnt sure if that was the graphic you were going for or not.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
This?

WTF IS THIS ****!!! I was thinking you had a choice of it with the 5MT.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

You guys nailed it.... Mitsu went the wrong direction with this one. They should be releasing an Evo X RS "Superleggera" with all the performance goodies (2-piece rotors, bbs wheels, bilstein shocks, etc.); delete all the luxury (sun roof, heated/leather, hi-fi stereo, SST, etc.) and knock a few hundred pounds off of it.

Honestly, who among us could resist a car with a curb weight under an Evo IX, SAWC, and the rigidity of the evo X chassis. That thing would haul.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoBear
You guys nailed it.... Mitsu went the wrong direction with this one. They should be releasing an Evo X RS "Superleggera" with all the performance goodies (2-piece rotors, bbs wheels, bilstein shocks, etc.); delete all the luxury (sun roof, heated/leather, hi-fi stereo, SST, etc.) and knock a few hundred pounds off of it.

Honestly, who among us could resist a car with a curb weight under an Evo IX, SAWC, and the rigidity of the evo X chassis. That thing would haul.
AGREED 100% on a RS version instead. This would possibly reverse my feelings about the X. You want luxury get a beemer. You want performance get an EVO.

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE