Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
werd... I might do a bare bones RS version of the Evo X if they ever come out w/ one.

but my tarmac black IX SE will never be sold, LOL...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
werd... I might do a bare bones RS version of the Evo X if they ever come out w/ one.

but my tarmac black IX SE will never be sold, LOL...
Likewise!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 05:11 PM

^ Rub it in guys why dont cha! I was a FOOL!!! I had 2 TB IX's and got ride of them both. Gimme another chance and i promise i wont make that mistake again! PROMISE!!!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

again the 2010 X SE package...

first off, it cannot, it will not be a 2010, cause 2010s are already in the market...

It could only be a 2011...

second, how can it be a GSR SE with a TC-SST... its just a freaking MR!
wow wtf... who came up with this "package"

if anything, they'd come with a 5spd MR and call it MR SE or MR RS or whatever.... but this 2010 X SE still sounds like iFAIL

Old Jun 3, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo has lost its real aura... or maybe im just a harcore fan of the 90s Evo models (III-VI)
Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jazket
again the 2010 X SE package...

first off, it cannot, it will not be a 2010, cause 2010s are already in the market...

It could only be a 2011...

second, how can it be a GSR SE with a TC-SST... its just a freaking MR!
wow wtf... who came up with this "package"

if anything, they'd come with a 5spd MR and call it MR SE or MR RS or whatever.... but this 2010 X SE still sounds like iFAIL

Have you read anything in this thread? I think you're completely missing the point here. The SE will basically be a halfway point between the GSR and MR with a MSRP around that of a GSR SSS. It will be sold as a 2010 model and all the previous info I've posted is correct and straight from Mitsubishi.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i hope they will skip this adding stuff and they start selling the RS ... Then i would be really happy
Old Jun 3, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
well if this SE does see the light, it will announced here in the next month or so since it will be a late 2010 model.

I know I will get flamed for this but I wouldn't mind having an Auto... lived in the DC area for most of my life and honestly changing gears in this traffic here just blows...

either way it will be nice to see another addition to the EVO trim line.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Jun 3, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this SE info is true, it's a big letdown IMO.

I don't understand Mitsubishi's obsession with "discrete performance" in all of the latest Evo trim levels. They've sold a car that, for the past 20 years, was one of the most different and individual cars on the market, and now they're changing up that entire philosophy to become more vanilla. I can appreciate the desire for more mass-appeal in a hurting economy; niche cars aren't selling as well as they used to. However, no matter what they do with the "spoiler deletes," heated seats, limited badging, and "automatic" transmissions, I just don't think Mitsu is going to break into that upscale market they keep trying to get into.

Don't get me wrong; I love my X, and I've fought in its favor since it's been released. But with each announcement and new trim level, it looks more and more like the X was the start of the downfall of the Evo. What excitement is there in the Evo's future? What do we have to look forward to? If these SE rumors are true, then there's certainly nothing fresh and exciting there. No RS on the horizon for the States either. We all wait nervously for that announcement of the hybrid Evo that most of us are dreading. Then what? For me, it's likely back to the used car market if I'm ever looking for another Evo.

Well that's the "State of the Evo" address from my perspective at least. Maybe Mitsubishi will surprise us and my tune will change. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i hope they will skip this adding stuff and they start selling the RS ... Then i would be really happy
exactly... hope Mitsu is reading this.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:58 AM

Couldn't have said it any better myself macPSU! If they want to take a vehicle upscale, use the Galant or better yet, bring back your Diamante, but please leave the Evos for the puriest!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
XRS
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
exactly... hope Mitsu is reading this.
Yeah, right, since when did mitsu care to read what their customers want. Time and time again, they just don't get the formula correct. Look what happened during the whole B16 honda craze. They could've brought over a whole slew of DOHC Mivec powered vehicles and they didn't. They redeemed themselves with the viii and ix but totally lost it with the x. I've been a huge fan of mitsu but subies been looking more and more attractive at this point.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:06 AM
XRS
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fastlanez
Couldn't have said it any better myself macPSU! If they want to take a vehicle upscale, use the Galant or better yet, bring back your Diamante, but please leave the Evos for the puriest!
That's just it though. The freakin us lancer IS considered a Galant. Think of it as a updated GALANT VR4.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:22 AM

i'm planning to get a X too by next month. I'll definitely consider the SE as one of my options...But i'd really like to have a manual. Not really a fan of the SST.

Thanks for the infos!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow they are going to mess the evo up so bad everybody is going to want to hop back into a evo 8,9 lol so many people wrecking them supply is going to be limited if they keep up this luxury evo crap.

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE