Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2010 Evo X SE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi why?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

sigh, I wouldn't want that~ for the same price of the GSR SSS, now way I would choose this.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:20 AM

horrible package
Old Jun 5, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EV0LUTI0N604
horrible package
That's what she said...
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always wonder how easy it would be for someone in Mitsu corporate to read US based car forums to help make more sound decisions.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 596736
I always wonder how easy it would be for someone in Mitsu corporate to read US based car forums to help make more sound decisions.
Sounds decisions according to whom? Enthusiasts? There is no getting around that this is a mass produced car and must appeal to everyone. All of the members on this and the sister forum put together only make up a small percentage of the Evolution owners out there.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Sounds decisions according to whom? Enthusiasts? There is no getting around that this is a mass produced car and must appeal to everyone. All of the members on this and the sister forum put together only make up a small percentage of the Evolution owners out there.
I would agree with you in regards to the rest of the Mitsu car line up but not the evolution. Prior to the X it was understood that this was a niche car. But if they are trying to make the evo more appealing to the masses then your right.

edit: I actually kind of find it rare to meet an evo owner who is not a member of some forum. Atleast with VIII and IX owners.

Last edited by 596736; Jun 5, 2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:58 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Historically, Evolution production was limited to 12,000-14,000 units, worldwide. They can't really manufacture more cars without incurring greater costs.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 596736
I would agree with you in regards to the rest of the Mitsu car line up but not the evolution. Prior to the X it was understood that this was a niche car. But if they are trying to make the evo more appealing to the masses then your right.

edit: I actually kind of find it rare to meet an evo owner who is not a member of some forum. Atleast with VIII and IX owners.
I think the only true manufacturers that take in to account what the enthusiasts think would be subsidiaries like SVT, SRT, M division, AMG ect.... has never poled its current owners when developing future models of vehicles. originally built these cars to win manufacturer races, not satisfy a fan base.

As much as i wish they would take into account what we want, i just dont see it ever happening.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Evo owners should go to the MOD's and have petitions and signs and booths all dedicated to reorganizing, restructuring, and plain rethinking the direction Mitsu is taking the Evo... Thoughts?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm saving up for a nine now. Prolly give the X to my lil brother and let my mom take over the payments. I think the X is a good car but the IXs are just much better in my opinion. Everybody tell me they like the older evos better even my girlfriend.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by jayevo23
I'm saving up for a nine now. Prolly give the X to my lil brother and let my mom take over the payments. I think the X is a good car but the IXs are just much better in my opinion. Everybody tell me they like the older evos better even my girlfriend.
once an evo owner ....ALWAYS an evo owner.

EVO X is a sexy beast IMO
Old Jun 7, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Definitely seems like Mitsubishi is straying the Evo from its roots. I bought my X for the power potential it's capable of with just a few mods. I didn't buy it for luxury or convenience because that's not what an Evo is. I understand that Mitsu corporate is trying to make the brand more appealing across a broader spectrum of people but in the process they're killing the name the Evo has made for itself over the past two decades and alienating its loyal fan base. I'm in agreement with most of you and believe they're going the wrong way with this SE model when they should be going in the opposite direction and introducing a no-frills RS model. The damn Brits got it right with their FQ-400 model now why the hell can't we get that? If I wanted a less raw more comfortable Evo I would've just bought a Ralliart.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:34 AM

I love the X GSR, it gives me the performance i need and a nice comfortable DD. Also IMO a modded X looks badass, even the most hardcore 9/8 drivers will admit it. But mitsu really messed up with this whole SE evo x who the hell buys an evo for luxury!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Olaboy808
Evo owners should go to the MOD's and have petitions and signs and booths all dedicated to reorganizing, restructuring, and plain rethinking the direction Mitsu is taking the Evo... Thoughts?
I was thinking the same thing! you should post it on SoCalEvo.net lol. IF only Mitsubishi made the SE model like the 9 SE model...Red stitching, I am ALL for that Probably just be getting the SSS package when I "upgrade" (since some people think its a downgrade, had to put the " ") to a X for the IX viewers that think that way)

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE