Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Got my EVO Magazine in the mail and...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I TODAY went into a mitsubishi dealership and sat there for a good hour looking through the new updates and all thats going to happen... talked to a manager and he said to expect to skip a year. and i read an article (BOTH IN MITSU and SUBARU dealerships - was in subaru to show up my friend that EVO beats STI all day) but it says that it will be even better with 350hp in 2013! STOCK so... and that its going through alot of new things; So IM PRETTY SURE it wont die off but get better
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by srcevo8
I'm familiar with it but considering nobody really knows anything about the 2011 Evo X...for them to speculate a few years ahead on a new model/revision that doesn't exist yet holds zero weight.

I suspect Mitsu would rather drop the Eclipse and put that name on a new sprty hybrid than take the Evo out of the lineup. I think they may increase the price and performance of it to move it into a higher bracket. The Evo XI can't stay at this power level and price and be competitive in a few years.
Actually their are people on here that know quite a lot about the 2011 EVO X.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by dreamerak
Actually their are people on here that know quite a lot about the 2011 EVO X.
^^ lots of people, dealers never know anything.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Don't know where Mitsu is going to go with this but I wouldn't be suprised if it did go away for a few years to see if the market continues to pick up and comes back either competing directly with the GTR or just below that as the jump from $35k brand new to $65k (super low end) is huge.

Eitherway, for those who are collectors or aspiring to be, now would be a good time figure out how to keep your Evo 9, X for the next 15 years. Would not be suprised at all if what happened to the NSX and Supra happens to the Evo and STI.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gannieevo9
don't know where mitsu is going to go with this but i wouldn't be suprised if it did go away for a few years to see if the market continues to pick up and comes back either competing directly with the gtr or just below that as the jump from $35k brand new to $65k (super low end) is huge.

Eitherway, for those who are collectors or aspiring to be, now would be a good time figure out how to keep your evo 9, x for the next 15 years. Would not be suprised at all if what happened to the nsx and supra happens to the evo and sti.
its gonna be the exact thing with the muscle cars . They died down for a couple of years and now everybody wants them
Old Sep 6, 2010, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed
^^ lots of people, dealers never know anything.
Have you asked any dealers about 2011 EVO?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by dreamerak
Have you asked any dealers about 2011 EVO?
since I'm planning on buying a 2011 GSR in jan/feb, I've been doing alot of searching and reading, and so far this is what I've found out:

-GSR have the Large Spoiler stock, so it will be called a SS (sight & sound only) package if you want that, or SSSL(sight, sound, sunroof, leather) package. I don't care about the MR or SE so I don't know anything about those.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt mind having the sssl package
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JACOB3RD
my guesses are either the 9mr cause of the 6spd MANUEL tranny or x cause it being the first evo in the states to have all the computer enhanments .
That statement couldn't be further from the truth. Also, it's spelled manual; Manuel is a male Spanish name.

The IX RS and VIII RS will be the most valuable due to production numbers (358 IX RS, dunno what VIII RS was but has to be in the same realm). The MR would have to be the least valuable under those terms as well, as over 3300 of the 6,000ish Evo IX that were imported.

The X is flopping in value already and will continue to do so by my view of things....all those computer "enhancements" only took away from the rawness that people are typicaklly after when they get into an Evo.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitchubishievo
That statement couldn't be further from the truth. Also, it's spelled manual; Manuel is a male Spanish name.

The IX RS and VIII RS will be the most valuable due to production numbers (358 IX RS, dunno what VIII RS was but has to be in the same realm). The MR would have to be the least valuable under those terms as well, as over 3300 of the 6,000ish Evo IX that were imported.

The X is flopping in value already and will continue to do so by my view of things....all those computer "enhancements" only took away from the rawness that people are typicaklly after when they get into an Evo.
uuuhhh...I think it's spelled "typically"
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:38 PM

any pic? this is what i got from tokyo couple months ago.

Attached Thumbnails Got my EVO Magazine in the mail and...-img_1990.jpg  
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:39 AM

i wonder what its gonna look like. it took me a little time getting use to the x
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:42 AM

although I like the way that front looks, it looks to similar to the Audi A7 (not that is a bad thing). I like the headlights though still

Last edited by wolverinepwns; Sep 13, 2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wolverinepwns
since I'm planning on buying a 2011 GSR in jan/feb, I've been doing alot of searching and reading, and so far this is what I've found out:

-GSR have the Large Spoiler stock, so it will be called a SS (sight & sound only) package if you want that, or SSSL(sight, sound, sunroof, leather) package. I don't care about the MR or SE so I don't know anything about those.
No SE for 2011
The '10 SE is basically becoming the '11 MR with '10 MR wheels and seats
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by nrgizeman
any pic? this is what i got from tokyo couple months ago.

very nice looking rendition, but pretty far from the boy racer image of the VIII/IX. i'd buy it.

Quick Reply: Got my EVO Magazine in the mail and...