Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

New sketch for the 2012 Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow

This is sick
Old Dec 29, 2010, 05:51 PM

So say the kill the EVO , would the values of the last generation evos go up ???
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One month they are going to move their operations out of the US. Next month the next generation EVO will be gas/elecric hybrid. Next month the EVO will be discontinued all together and replaced by an upmarket diesel model which will compete against luxury brands (lamest rumour yet so far IMO). Can't wait to hear next month's rumour. Maybe the next EVO will be a ZR1, 911 killer. Really that would have just as much merit as all the latest rumours.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jettech
So say the kill the EVO , would the values of the last generation evos go up ???
Depends... You see when Toyota killed the Celica, the prices didn't go anywhere... cause well, nobody cares about a Celica (pun intended) and since the used ones can't be moved out of the dealerships (aka "there's no demand") then they sit to rot and depreciate... now, a Supra on the other hand (which is hard to find and people and enthusiast actually want the car) actually held its value after it got killed off, and I could say it kept it well... right now Supras go from the low 20ks all the way up to high 30k's... the same for an Evo IX... they still sell in the low to mid 20k range so go figure... since the Evo is a halo car, and there's always demand for it (dealers can't keep them Evo Xs in the lot... at least most of the dealers I know in my area) so they retain their value... if the Evo IX would have been the one I don't doubt it could still sell in the high 20s today

So yeah if the Evo dies in the next two years, leaving the Evo X to be the last Evo ever produced, expect it to hold its value and sell in the 20's to 30s a few years down the road... Or maybe even more... IMO.

I'm actually thinking it'll be better for the Evo if it dies already... seriously, 3 generations, 10 cars. I think that's enough... we'll all be sad, but Mitsubishi needs to make money and all 100 of us won't give them enough money to pay the bills...

That'd be a sad day for us Evo fans... a sad day indeed.. I went to my dealership yesterday looking for a Graphite Gray 2011 JUST IN CASE lol... my boy at the dealership told me to hold on a few months cause 2011's don't have any incentives yet... plus I told him I was only paying 34k for a GSR with SSS + HIDs lol... I guess he wasn't in a hurry to sell me the car haha

and to confirm what I said above... they brought 4 Evos last week, two Wicked Whites, one Graphite Gray and a PB, and both Wicked Whites sold yesterday while I was still there chatting with my friend
Old Dec 31, 2010, 08:13 PM

pretty cool
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:09 PM

Are they trying to put a hydro-electric powerplant under that hood to make it hybrid? this thing looks way too big. ALL HAIL CT9A
Old Jan 4, 2011, 06:24 AM

It's not terrible looking, but it's not even average looking. I would never buy that thing.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:12 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghost1t
Looks like a galant
Exactly, which is why I think it actually is a Galant. is due for a new Galant.

I think this whole article is full of fallacies. I wouldn't take much away from it. I guarantee won't release a car like that, cause they won't sell a car that looks like that
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:18 AM
EvoM Community Team

Notice the Galant Fortris in Japan looks like an Evo. A lot of people miss this fact. This is why I think the article is a misunderstanding about what model it is about.

Also the concept (lower picture) looks like it has the same wheels.
Attached Thumbnails New sketch for the 2012 Evolution-live_concept-zt_1_large.jpg  

Last edited by migs647; Jan 4, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Notice the Galant Fortris in Japan looks like an Evo. A lot of people miss this fact. This is why I think the article is a misunderstanding about what model it is about.
the galant fortis is the lancer. i read somewhere that the galant name is still very popular/respected in japan and so they wanted the new car to share that name.

its like how the jdm RVR is the outlander sport over here. in the US, the "outlander" name is known.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:16 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by madfast
the galant fortis is the lancer. i read somewhere that the galant name is still very popular/respected in japan and so they wanted the new car to share that name.

its like how the jdm RVR is the outlander sport over here. in the US, the "outlander" name is known.
Right, but it's not the Evo. It is a CY4A.

Either way, point being I think they are confusing the cars. And this article isn't about an Evo, but a Galant.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-492-...+in+Japan.html

speaking of fortis/evo....
Old Jan 4, 2011, 04:55 PM

booooo
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by migs647

Also the concept (lower picture) looks like it has the same wheels.
I never knew the Japanese Galant looked like an EVO. Either way I hope doesn't release that concept car because it looks bad
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
the sketch doesnt look bad, but they are destroying the evo it seems (based off that sketch) Reminds me more of a luxury sedan now

Quick Reply: New sketch for the 2012 Evolution