Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

New sketch for the 2012 Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New sketch for the 2012 Evolution

Not sure if this a repost, but better looking IMO then the other sketches. Article is on Road & Track. Looks like an Audi mix.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...subishi-lancer
Attached Thumbnails New sketch for the 2012 Evolution-2012-evo.jpg  

Last edited by Spazpilot; Dec 21, 2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That "thing" looks like a TSX...

The Subie concept looks pretty good
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

yeah that looks more like a lancer than an evo, mitsu needs to up the ante
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

from reading these articles, it seems like mitsubishi wants to end the evo all together, and IF there is another one well then its gonna be "green". i have been reading about this idea they had for atleast 6 years now. a turbo diesel 4cyl, awd, 4 wheel steering, "dream car" with even more unbelievable handling.

at first, years ago, i loved the idea of being able to put out even more power with a turbo diesel but now im thinking, why not just make an e85/93 evo. that would solve their "green" dilemma right there. i know i know e85 isnt available everywhere, but within a few years its gonna be. if youve paid attention and watched how many e85 stations have sprouted over the last few years just imagine what another few years will do!

now there other idea is to have a hybrid evo. well all i have to say is, thats just cutting the ***** off the evo. i dont think anything could be worse than that. why even have an evo if its gonna be a hybrid?! i mean what if they came out with a hybrid mustang or corvette?! yes it would get the womans attention, but the men make up way over half of the performance buying market. that would kills there sales and possibly there name.

my opinion is keep the evo x style. i hate it but it looks like every sketch is just getting worse and worse. and do an e85/91 evo. i should of done my research on e85 world wide before writing this. i know the evo is a world wide car and it might not be possible for now. but come on...

all i gotta say is i hope these guys dont screw this up.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like im never selling my evo8... if it blows up, ill have to rebuild it again lol
hopefully mitsubishi doesn't make the car a sleeper...

Sleeper ; as in, something people dont wanna look at, buy or drive
lol
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ezzey
looks like im never selling my evo8... if it blows up, ill have to rebuild it again lol
hopefully mitsubishi doesn't make the car a sleeper...

Sleeper ; as in, something people dont wanna look at, buy or drive
lol
Kind of like the GSX Eclipse. 1999 was the best Eclipse ever build. 4G63 and AWD, and then it was like WTF. A V6 FWD POS!!!!. I believe that ended the Eclipse run for most of us on this forum.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to say, they look like ****. =\
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Nah R&T keeps effing about and speculating with the Evo XI design... this is nothing but a freaking Concept-ZT made to look Evo'ish..

that looks like a big *** Mid-sized sedan, no way in hell it could be an Evo... if anything it looks like the revival of the Galant lol... now that'd be sweet to see

Plus I don't think the Evo will be ready till 2013

Concept ZT Images:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Mitsu...=1600&bih=1040
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
from reading these articles, it seems like mitsubishi wants to end the evo all together, and IF there is another one well then its gonna be "green". i have been reading about this idea they had for atleast 6 years now. a turbo diesel 4cyl, awd, 4 wheel steering, "dream car" with even more unbelievable handling.

at first, years ago, i loved the idea of being able to put out even more power with a turbo diesel but now im thinking, why not just make an e85/93 evo. that would solve their "green" dilemma right there. i know i know e85 isnt available everywhere, but within a few years its gonna be. if youve paid attention and watched how many e85 stations have sprouted over the last few years just imagine what another few years will do!

now there other idea is to have a hybrid evo. well all i have to say is, thats just cutting the ***** off the evo. i dont think anything could be worse than that. why even have an evo if its gonna be a hybrid?! i mean what if they came out with a hybrid mustang or corvette?! yes it would get the womans attention, but the men make up way over half of the performance buying market. that would kills there sales and possibly there name.

my opinion is keep the evo x style. i hate it but it looks like every sketch is just getting worse and worse. and do an e85/91 evo. i should of done my research on e85 world wide before writing this. i know the evo is a world wide car and it might not be possible for now. but come on...

all i gotta say is i hope these guys dont screw this up.
Mitsu's never screwed up an Evo... I'm pretty sure they won't this time either... that's some crap made out by R&T >_>
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

ah, triple posting.... but I must! :-/

"Likely to be built in China or Thailand—marking a significant change, as all Evos to date have been built in Japan—the replacement car is yet to be named, but should come out sometime in 2012. Our sources also tell us it will be less of a hard-core sports car/sedan and more of a supremely versatile, high-performance GT; one that might approach the ideal of an Audi S4 or BMW 335i, with prices in the $30,000 range. "

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Time to go and trade in the Ralliart for an Evo X and hold on to it indefinitely...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:33 AM

^ Agree. Built in China or Thailand? ewww might as well drive a Kia or Hyundai.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by live.evil
^ Agree. Built in China or Thailand? ewww might as well drive a Kia or Hyundai.

They are always in the top 5 as far as quality goes. Where does Mitsubishi usually end up?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:30 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I hope R/T is wrong. I didn't read one thing in that link that I liked. Diesel pretty much guarantees US extinction due to lack of interest and a very limited modification envelope.

STI stuff removed; start a new thread for that in Other Cars forum, please. I am keeping my petrol Evo 'til the wheels fall off or until I croak, whichever comes first.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PKEVO8
yeah that looks more like a lancer than an evo, mitsu needs to up the ante
Ha! Careful what you say--- i made the point that the X Lancers and Evos look the same and people freaked out.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

it reminds me quite a bit of a IS or a Camry with an aero package.....

Quick Reply: New sketch for the 2012 Evolution