Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cedric
Last I heard it was lancers and eclipes's that were the main selling cars for mitsubishi in the US.
yes bc that's what MOST people want. remember 99% of drivers don't give a **** about driving, they just want something that can get them from point A to point B.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
We should rally to get Eusagi fired. His days are numbered when they figure out oil isnt as scarce as they anticipated. Reminder: We have been in a gas crisis before... FYI I have a IX for sale, for one million US dollars. :-D

Well, even if they don't make a new Evo and the rumors are true, the price on the Evo will sky rocket if they do go out. I imagine everyone here could stand to make a bit of profit off of a 70K mile car. I don't see the demend for Evos going away.

Originally Posted by UM_DC5
yes bc that's what MOST people want. remember 99% of drivers don't give a **** about driving, they just want something that can get them from point A to point B.

Yeah to bad they are killing off the eclipse line up to hahaha
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this like when chevy got rid of the camero only to bring it back? Please tell me yes. I don't get this at all this really sucks and you can take my evo from my cold dead hands and even then I'll still fight for it.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

sad sad sad...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

It all comes down to emissions and mileage standards. Auto makers are getting seriously penalized for having fuel inefficient models in their line up, and a small manufacturer like Mitsubishi can't afford to have a low MPG halo model any more.

I think the Evo will come back once Mitsu's mileage is sorted out in the rest of it's line up. They have one of the most fuel inefficient line ups out there right now.

It will be weird for the brand to not have a performance car in it's line up though.

2010 Mitsu owner's day - A bunch of DSM enthusiasts and Evo owners

2020 Mitsu owner's day - A bunch of green head hippies talking about hyper-miling their EV's

Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by highlyevolved
It all comes down to emissions and mileage standards. Auto makers are getting seriously penalized for having fuel inefficient models in their line up, and a small manufacturer like Mitsubishi can't afford to have a low MPG halo model any more.

I think the Evo will come back once Mitsu's mileage is sorted out in the rest of it's line up. They have one of the most fuel inefficient line ups out there right now.

It will be weird for the brand to not have a performance car in it's line up though.

2010 Mitsu owner's day - A bunch of DSM enthusiasts and Evo owners

2020 Mitsu owner's day - A bunch of green head hippies talking about hyper-miling their EV's

That's simple, get rid of their SUVs and Galant. I don't care if gets rid of everything as long as they keep the Evo.

Enough of this green ****!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Zerokei_XF
Well, even if they don't make a new Evo and the rumors are true, the price on the Evo will sky rocket if they do go out. I imagine everyone here could stand to make a bit of profit off of a 70K mile car. I don't see the demend for Evos going away.
I don't think the prices will sky rocket but this news will definitely help the sales. Evo's biggest problem is people who want the car can't afford it and people who can afford the car don't want it (probably getting entry-level luxury cars). What Mitsu needs to do is what Subaru does with their WRX - make an entry-level Evo for about $26k.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:11 AM

I don't think the prices will sky rocket but this news will definitely help the sales. Evo's biggest problem is people who want the car can't afford it and people who can afford the car don't want it (probably getting entry-level luxury cars). What Mitsu needs to do is what Subaru does with their WRX - make an entry-level Evo for about $26k.
UHH Rally art?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by FastRare
UHH Rally art?
The current Ralliart can't compete with the WRX. Don't believe me? Look up the sales figures for Ralliart and WRX and compare them. Ralliart is too heavy and underpowered compared to the WRX...and it's like $2k more than the WRX.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

The problem is the current WRX blows the doors off the Ralliart in terms of performance for about the same price. The only reason to choose the Ralliart is the styling and the TC-SST.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

To the people saying that they also announced no more Evo's after the IX, do you have any links/sources on that? I don't remember a Global Product director explicitly saying "No more evos" after the IX line, but I wasn't paying very close attention back then.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

The current Ralliart can't compete with the WRX. Don't believe me? Look up the sales figures for Ralliart and WRX and compare them. Ralliart is too heavy and underpowered compared to the WRX...and it's like $2k more than the WRX.
So wouldn't it make sense to just improve the Ralliart instead of trying to make a cheaper Evo? (which is what the Ralliart is btw)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Holly cow. I want a 2011 with my 8. The first and last year of production.

Quick Reply: Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more