Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/02/r...%28Autoblog%29
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

While no one wants to believe it, these cars will go back up in value if they are taken off the shelf.

I see the CT9A being very desirable in the future. Bang for the buck, it can't be beat.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vince_w2004
I honestly could care less. As a proud VIII owner, I feel that they ruined the Evolution series when they introduced the X. More personally when they switched from the 4g63 to the 4b11.
Can't we all just get along?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by madfast
Woah! I think people here have to slow down a bit.

perhaps what they meant was that the CURRENT evo is going to die, and lets be honest here we all knew that already. the idea of a hybrid or EV "evo" has been around since the 2005 Evo MIEV electric concept. and the rumors of a PX-MiEV derived evo has been persistent as of late.

is it that far of a stretch to think that mitsu may make a "performance" EV/hybrid and not call it an evo? or maybe they will brand it an evo but it will be nothing like what we have today? mitsu said the evo may die but not performance cars per se...
even if they make a performance EV/hybrid, it's still no EVO...people not only buy the car for it's performance, looks but also it's heritage. Just like how when Toyota said the FT 86 is the new AE86, that gave alot of fans boners. I think it'll be GG, KO'd, PWNED, FAILED, FACEPAM for mitsubishi when we killed "the evolution"
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Does April fools come early in Japan or what.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

I understand the switch to using EV's, but Mitsu is having a hard time surviving in the US as it is. To think that they would stop production on their best selling vehicle, just boggles the mind. I don't care, i have loved these cars and will continue to love these cars. Just feels like a sad day today... Feel like i have been on a roller coaster after just picking my new one up last week now hearing this...

Sad Day for all Evo Fans...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Plus I don't know too many Evo owners who cross shop bybrid vehicles so they're simply losing that business to other manufacturers. It'll be interesting to see if this move actually happens.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:53 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
mmmm, it isn't official until the fat lady sings!

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/index.html
She's singing pretty loud:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/02/r...chise-is-dead/
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

I was so pissed when Mitsu discontinued the IX now the X.... makes me angry i was hoping to get back in a evo in 1-2 yrs WTF....
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Carloverx
It's funny how everyone pretends to know the automotive industry AND the alternative power industry better than Mitsubishi. As if the incredibly complex long term finances and affects on the environment can be summed up in an article or two you read somewhere lol. NO ONE on this forum knows what's better for Mitsubishi (or likely the environment) better than Mitsubishi. We should leave the bashing and wild, overly simplified speculations at the door and spend this time morning or honoring the car we all cherished.
You think Mitsu knows what's best for itself? Look what happened to Mazda when they tried to be Toyota and what happened to Toyota when they tried to be GM (#1). Evo fan or not, I think we can all agree killing the Evo is a BAD move for .

Originally Posted by slim8605
Making a stripped down version of the Evo wouldn't be doing what Subaru did with the WRX. Subaru improved the suspension and added power. They didn't start with the STi and subtract. People that buy a fully loaded WRX won't be cross-shopping an empty, basic Evo. Taking out luxuries won't sell more cars. Just look at the number of MRs, MR-Ts, GSR with SSS packages that are floating around here. Those luxuries are things that people want.
How Mitsu improves the Ralliart is up to them. What they need is something that can compete with the WRX, which they don't have any at the moment. For me personally, I'd rather have a stripped down Evo than an underpowered Ralliart with fancy luxury stuff.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:04 AM

This makes me a very saaaaad panda
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vince_w2004
I honestly could care less. As a proud VIII owner, I feel that they ruined the Evolution series when they introduced the X. More personally when they switched from the 4g63 to the 4b11.
A lot of people feel the same about the 6 to 7 "evolution" you know? If we are talking about most desirable cars in the Evo line up, it has to be the Evo 6 TM edition - the last time Mitsu actually won WRC with a Lancer platform (4 times in a row no less).

The 8 was a compromise of a larger platform with new safety/emissions standards. Same with the X.

We are all part of the Evo family. I don't think anyone who drives an X today will deny the Evo heritage in the car is alive and well. This news is sad for Evo fans the world over.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And it's not cause their not selling. You see them a lot more now but Mitsu corporate is dumb and this will be their final wrong move. I really do love my 10 and enjoyed having conversations with people that hate Mitsu and evos and changing their minds but you know what I'm on some real f¥ck mitsubish sh$&t. I guess I'll have a Nissan gtr or the terribly rough riding 335 or overrated m3 or probably just go audi some day.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UM_DC5
You think Mitsu knows what's best for itself? Look what happened to Mazda when they tried to be Toyota and what happened to Toyota when they tried to be GM (#1). Evo fan or not, I think we can all agree killing the Evo is a BAD move for .

How Mitsu improves the Ralliart is up to them. What they need is something that can compete with the WRX, which they don't have any at the moment. For me personally, I'd rather have a stripped down Evo than an underpowered Ralliart with fancy luxury stuff.
I'm a little confused. Are you still talking about competition for the WRX(Which wouldn't be ANY Evo at all. That's the STI's job) or do you just want to see a stripped down Evo?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

I think mitsubishi is prematurely axing the evo there should have been one last generation, one last horrah (break up sex if you will) seeing as theres still demand for it at least in america. What im wondering though is if in 20-30 years we'll be paying as much for evo's, sti's and rx-7's, as muscle car guys are paying for 60's camaros, mustangs and challengers. But hey the guy never said there wouldnt be a 4b11 powered eclipse, it may even be rear wheel drive or maybe thats just me dreaming. I was planning to sell my evo and jump ship for toyotas ft86 anyway but I think ill keep it now..... and still get the ft86. Yea no turbo but saw some pics from geneva and I think im in love NIN imediately popped in my head when I saw them.

Quick Reply: Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more