Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011 | 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoPauly
well mitsubishi has been stop making real evos since 2006-2007, so this doesnt really affect me loll
That's what i used to feel for a while but the X grew on me a lot they are really nice evo's
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 06:17 PM

i love evo 10s also but they just dont feel as raw as the years before, i cant explain it
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 06:45 PM

Join the cause on facebook

Mitsubishi, Keep the Evo Alive

http://www.causes.com/causes/586696-...er_id=59151431

Last edited by pfctmitsubishi; Mar 4, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

i love evo 10s also but they just dont feel as raw as the years before, i cant explain it
I doesn't feel as raw because it's not as raw. But still... the EVO X is a helluva performance machine.
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

well mitsubishi has been stop making real evos since 2006-2007, so this doesnt really affect me loll
Stop hating...
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 09:42 PM

This Sucks.
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 10:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Guys please, if you are in the market for an Evo X, please buy one to show mitsubishi your support. They sold 2000 cars last year. Why do you think they want to kill it off? No reason to keep it around.

I for one, may very well be buying a brand new Evo X just to show support. We'll see, trying to buy a house too.
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slt
[SIZE=2]As GPTourer said, its about 3 to 1 with total numbers and the same 3 to 1 when comparing the entire Impreza line vs the entire Lancer line.
Thanks guys for the info...Assuming February is representative, Subaru has a strategy of selling cars that is three time more successful than ...the question then is, Why? Now U may ask, is this really important? Answer: If a car company is selling a lot of cars, it can afford to offer niche high performance cars like Toyota and LFA, Nissan and GTR,etc. Subaru is not discontinuing the STI(someone herein suggested they were but I saw no ref) and the percentage of same to the total is probably their lowest, ~<5%...so it would appear that Subaru can continue to offer their niche car while cannot afford to.

Now approach to this problem is to change the image of a Rally based theme to an EV theme and the EVO does not compute. However, this is a radical approach to slumping sales. I think another less radical and less costly approach is/was available. Specifically, follow the path of Subaru...increase the number of models available and make them AWD.

Look at the numbers: Subaru offers a total of 24 models and all have AWD from the cheapest Impreza to STI... has only 16 models and only six of them are AWD (so GPTourer is correct) and of those six none of them are the lowest priced cars, i.e., Lancer. Furthermore, of that line up, 5 models are the Eclipse, a coupe(not offered by Subaru) which dropped off the cliff in sales. In addition, the cost differential at the lowest end of the line is ~$1.5K more for the Subaru...a small price to pay for AWD as apparently has been demonstrated since Subaru sales >>

So my point is, why didn't/doesn't , instead of dumping the "EVO theme" for EV, offer more models with AWD?...clearly has the engineering skills to offer AWD in all their models just like Subaru does..to do so would have been less expensive than going into EV in such a big way and as others have stated, they will be lagging, again, behind Toyota and Honda and even, dare I say, Chevrolet.

Sorry this went on so long but trying to understand what is doing and why...guess we all are.

Later, Ken
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 06:33 AM

Electric fail

I love company's that think electric cars will save the day! GM's posted sales numbers for their flagship electric car the volt? A whopping 237 for a whole year! Gimme a break keep the EVO!
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
So my point is, why didn't/doesn't , instead of dumping the "EVO theme" for EV, offer more models with AWD?...clearly has the engineering skills to offer AWD in all their models just like Subaru does..to do so would have been less expensive than going into EV in such a big way and as others have stated, they will be lagging, again, behind Toyota and Honda and even, dare I say, Chevrolet.

Sorry this went on so long but trying to understand what is doing and why...guess we all are.

Later, Ken
Perhaps they don't want to be just another "Subaru." They've got a lot invested in EV technology as well, they just don't sell any of those products here. Maybe they think Subaru has peaked and that EVs are the next big things. EVs with AWD. They want to lead rather then follow.
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Crester
Stop hating...
It's just the truth, the end of the 4g63 is the end of evo. im definately not hating cause i can own both cars if i want
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

wow.. this is a sad month. gas prices are going up, evo's are discontinued, and ARC is going out of business.
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I think about all the shops that specialize in evo's. Worked long and hard to make good names for themselves in the industry. What happens to their businesses and employee's. The amount of Evo's in the US are fairly limited. The next few years there will be attrition to those numbers do to many factors... The demand for parts, service,development and a variety of other related support items will dwindle. Shops that are not diverse will close, performance parts options will do the same. I also see the same happening to this forum. I hope this is a rumor with little merit.
I went to MOD east coast listened to the Mitsu rep praise the Evo and brand loyalists and told us the nextGen (mitsu marketing tag) has a lot to look forward to blah blah blah. I asked him what the future hold's for the evo . He smiled and said " it's going to be big" little did I know Big mean't death of a product many of us love
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9evolution
I think about all the shops that specialize in evo's. Worked long and hard to make good names for themselves in the industry. What happens to their businesses and employee's. The amount of Evo's in the US are fairly limited. The next few years there will be attrition to those numbers do to many factors... The demand for parts, service,development and a variety of other related support items will dwindle. Shops that are not diverse will close, performance parts options will do the same. I also see the same happening to this forum. I hope this is a rumor with little merit.
Go check out the forums for the DSMs, the FD RX-7, the Supra, the 3000GT, the 300ZX, the Grand National, and B series powered Civics and Integras if you are that worried.

I have not yet had an issue finding a part, neither stock nor aftermarket for my '98 4G63 powered Eclipse.
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Perhaps they don't want to be just another "Subaru." They've got a lot invested in EV technology as well, they just don't sell any of those products here. Maybe they think Subaru has peaked and that EVs are the next big things. EVs with AWD. They want to lead rather then follow.
Historically they have done the opposite...waited for Subaru to break ground with the WRX here for 3-4 years before they saw the light and brought the EVO over here...this company has never lead, rather followed Subaru and it is unclear why they have not/did not follow them to the letter with their winning formula...if they had perhaps they would not be looking elsewhere to dig themselves out of a very deep hole.

What baffles me is how R they going to compete with Toyota and Honda with EV platforms?...these two companys have been at for years, again, before ...I think this is not going to work for them and all the investment in the EVO and look alike models are going down the drain...what is amazing is they have S-AWD, the best AWD system out there...AWD sells cars...look at Subaru, while they have AWD, the looks of these cars suck compared to Lancer...but what does Mitsu do?...goes FWD..so they put the bucks into appearance but cut the performance end of it....one could argue that they are just a small time operation looking for a quick buck..."Hey, we'll jump in behind Subaru with the EVO thing and now time to get out...what's hot...EV green thing". In short, they appear to be always behind the 8 ball trying to play catch up...a formula that never works.

Later, Ken

Quick Reply: Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more