Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011 | 05:00 PM
EvoM Guru

If they're going green friendly, I hope they go diesel, hybrid would suck!
Old Mar 22, 2011 | 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hybrid wouldn't really suck. Unlike combustion motors electric ones produce their max torque from the start. If they make a good electric motor with some good torque followed up by the engine kicking in at a certain point it would be good.
Old Mar 22, 2011 | 10:01 PM

^ + 1 on that. Electric motors could quite possibly be the fastest cars some day. Instant power.
Old Mar 22, 2011 | 10:30 PM

I bet they called hyundai for tech advice. 30mpg hybrid turbo how did you do it? LOL last of the Japanese muscle from mitsu sounds to be, and will still be the EVO X.
Old Mar 22, 2011 | 11:36 PM

A buncha guys at work that are real american car lovers were even a lil saddened to hear that mitsu was gonna stop making the evo. It was kinda funny to see some of the comments on other websites too people with Gen 3 and Gen 4 camaros in their avatar going "what are they thinking?". I dont think mitsu really understood how much respect the name evo carries even in other circles in the car community.
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

It cracked me up that everyone got so bent out of shape over that last thread about the Evo being dead when the source was a blog from some yahoo in the UK with the following as his "About Me" blub:

"Matt Pryor- Has an automotive engineering degree and a Triumph TR2; once raced go karts, now keeps chickens. Adores tiny cars and big motorbikes. Is currently running the road test desk."

I'm sorry. Maybe the guy is really famous and considered to be credible in the UK, but I'll take Autoguides word over some idiot on the web anyday. I bet he's feeling really good right now about all of the millions of hits to his blogsite he generated.
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

This title is misleading. Why are people celebrating and acting like the "Evo" is still going on?

The first (and still accurate) article that came out about the Evo's demise is spot on. They are going a different direction, possibly a hybrid. Definitely something greener as Mitsubishi tries to clean up its act.

The Evo might "live on" by name--but they are clearly not making the car in the same spirit as the past several iterations.

How is this a "living Evo"? Guys, the Evo in every way we know it is gone after MY 2013. If they slap on the Evo name on something completely new, so be it. But it ain't gonna be like the X, IX, or VIII.
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

EVO is STILL DEAD!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...direction.html

Mitsubishi still plans to keep the Evo name to please those who were upset by their previous announcement. However, they are planning a car that will go in a different direction.

Never fear, they will still call it "Evo" just to shut people up.
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have faith that Mitsubishi won't just use the evo name. Regardless of the fact that they are going green they know that they still have to contend with the sti. With that in mind, the power still has to be there. Needless to say, I'm sure it's not going to be mod friendly.
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 11:03 AM

^^(Fittest) you can't say that for sure. Do you know for sure that they can't create the same AWD monster (or better) with a hybrid/electric engine/motor(s)?
- No.

Will the Evolution XI be different from I through X?
- Yes.

Will it still perform the same way?
- I couldn't see Mitsu creating a new car, calling it an Evolution, and not have the same performance features as the current/past Evolutions. That would be a horrible business decision. It's clear that Mitsu wants to go in a different direction ("environmentally friendly"), but if they lose the Evolution crowd they will lose a lot of fans/enthusiasts/customers and that's just bad business. Give Mitsu a little more credit than "they suck at making everything except the Evo".
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fu...evo-lives.html
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo died in '07 (06 in the states). The X is a car that can easily be made into an Evo, but that's just one opinion.
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
The Evo died in '07 (06 in the states). The X is a car that can easily be made into an Evo, but that's just one opinion.
++10000000
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
This title is misleading. Why are people celebrating and acting like the "Evo" is still going on?

The first (and still accurate) article that came out about the Evo's demise is spot on. They are going a different direction, possibly a hybrid. Definitely something greener as Mitsubishi tries to clean up its act.

The Evo might "live on" by name--but they are clearly not making the car in the same spirit as the past several iterations.

How is this a "living Evo"? Guys, the Evo in every way we know it is gone after MY 2013. If they slap on the Evo name on something completely new, so be it. But it ain't gonna be like the X, IX, or VIII.
i agree 100%...look at the eclipse...they had a great 1g, then i believe an even better 2g...and look at wtf happened?! they just slapped an "eclipse" emblem on something that wasnt worth ****...they killed the eclipse and i wouldnt be surprised if they did it to the evo...hate me all you want but i think they killed it with the X...they tore out the heart and sole 4g63 for an aluminum block? i was beyond pissed with the X but so what thats my opinion...i hope they dont destroy it anymore than they already have...otherwise just kill it for good. i dont wanna see the evo going down like that
Old Mar 23, 2011 | 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
well if you want to be that precise, the first true Evo came in the US in 2008.
Before that, all evo was a down graded version . But they could have be made it to the true evo, if some how would be possible to get the S-AYC on them. But it wasn't easy to do neither anyone we know of did.
This is another opinion .

Quick Reply: Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more