Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any new posted photos of it yet?
Old May 2, 2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by thatguy5
to be quite honest, i'd rather have no evo at all than a hybrid car with the evo badge.
I agree. There is no place for a hybrid "Evo".

The car is rather ugly and looks nothing like an Evo. Might as well go buy a Prius.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:11 PM

Just hope it is not true, looks like a Honda Civic
Old Jun 7, 2012, 09:49 PM

talked to a few people all through mitsubishi and although they would not officially say either way they are going to either cancel the evo all together or wait a little while after the 2013 comes out and then release a turbo diesel.
........so I traded my '08 in today for a '12. BOOM!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:50 AM

come on what are they thinking ?!?!?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Info on the 2012 Mitsubishi Evolution:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...o?#engineering

Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Info on the 2012 Mitsubishi Evolution:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...o?#engineering

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etail0842.html

I suspect some of technology in the IMEX Evolution might trickle down to the rumored hybrid turbo diesel Lancer Evolution XI; that is if that program ever gets off the ground. The Evo is a car both journalist and enthusiast love and has quiet a rally heritage, yet the company almost seems indifferent to that reality. If I was in charge of Evo product direction at Mitsubishi, I would re-enter the rally business, invest more money in R&D to develop a higher performance and more fuel efficient engine, market the Evo agressively on TV, Net and print media, create a tuning division to increase revenues and broaden car's appeal among sports car enthusiast, and broaden the line to include high performance hot hatch and compact SUV variant.

Perhaps rebranding the new line Mitsubishi Evolution X11 (Sportback, Ralliart, etc.) and dropping the Lancer name might better differintiate it from the base Lancer. The X11 should be a clean slate design, a completely new platform that breaks from the Lancer. Continue to make the new car a machine that is exclusive, unique, powerful, state-of-the-art, and most importantly, within reach of common man. Mitsu also must improve styling, materials, fit and finish of vehicle. Add more powerplant options, more interior trim options, more tire options, more suspension options, and tell the damn world about it; when was the last time you saw an Evo commerical on TV?

To sell a brand, a concept, an idea, a lifestyle, it takes more than building a great car and that is what Mitsubishi does not get.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by netjoy
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etail0842.html

I suspect some of technology in the IMEX Evolution might trickle down to the rumored hybrid turbo diesel Lancer Evolution XI; that is if that program ever gets off the ground. The Evo is a car both journalist and enthusiast love and has quiet a rally heritage, yet the company almost seems indifferent to that reality. If I was in charge of Evo product direction at Mitsubishi, I would re-enter the rally business, invest more money in R&D to develop a higher performance and more fuel efficient engine, market the Evo agressively on TV, Net and print media, create a tuning division to increase revenues and broaden car's appeal among sports car enthusiast, and broaden the line to include high performance hot hatch and compact SUV variant.

Perhaps rebranding the new line Mitsubishi Evolution X11 (Sportback, Ralliart, etc.) and dropping the Lancer name might better differintiate it from the base Lancer. The X11 should be a clean slate design, a completely new platform that breaks from the Lancer. Continue to make the new car a machine that is exclusive, unique, powerful, state-of-the-art, and most importantly, within reach of common man. Mitsu also must improve styling, materials, fit and finish of vehicle. Add more powerplant options, more interior trim options, more tire options, more suspension options, and tell the damn world about it; when was the last time you saw an Evo commerical on TV?

To sell a brand, a concept, an idea, a lifestyle, it takes more than building a great car and that is what Mitsubishi does not get.
Well said. All of what you said would definitely boost the Evo's rep significantly. Such as Nissan dropping Skyline from the GT-R, mitsu should really consider the same. I do believe they are testing future S-AWC technology in the iMIEV Evo if you ask me. Motor up front for the front wheels and two batteries in back for the rear wheels. Hope they get podium!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:21 PM

Wow that looks like a mix between an 4g Eclipse,I miev and I guess an Lancer it's very ugly I hope Mitsu gets there stuff together and realize thats a bad move !!!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! i hate the direction theyv taken with the evo..ruined.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:30 PM

i don't know why did u guys didn't liked this car. but frankly i loved this concept of 2012 evo. the blue and the black color combination seems to be very good.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:44 AM

they are killing the evo...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:58 PM

If smaller and more fuel efficient the approach, how about stuffing the Colt with the 4B1x and S-AWC drivetrain/technology? Isn't that what Ford done to the Fiesta overseas when the Focus got fatter?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think it looks that bad, more futuristic looking. I think the Xs look to similar to the regular lancer/ralliart. An evo should stand out and be different, as should any sports car. So if this the way the new evo looks and is set apart from the standard lance, I like it.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:43 PM

eww wtf is that

Quick Reply: Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more