Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hybrids do not necessarily have to do anything with the stupid environment. they can be a performance enhancement and fill in where the engine if not in the optimal powerband

the next top of the line ferrari is a 900hp hybrid:
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/04...agship-hybrid/
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I work in an airport, and we use a bunch on electric tractors. I really dont see the enviromental advantage. The amount of electricity used to charge this units is exorbitant! And the acid run-off is horrible. Our batteries last about 1-2yrs. So we have to replace them constanly. JMO
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirana
I work in an airport, and we use a bunch on electric tractors. I really dont see the enviromental advantage. The amount of electricity used to charge this units is exorbitant! And the acid run-off is horrible. Our batteries last about 1-2yrs. So we have to replace them constanly. JMO
we really just need multiple fuel sources,

I read in a magazine they were considering Butenol as a fuel source but it needs to be burned alot more than e-85.

otherwise solar power is our only option for a renewable source... althoough I wouldnt mind covering my car with solar panels it would look like a carbon fiber RC car
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pirana

Airport security, 'organic/biological' food stamps, etc

Do you see a pattern? It's all bullsh.. to sell to people and keep the money rolling.

So what, move your oil burnin from the cars to the power grid. Saving the environment and emissions has little to nothing to do with it.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They dont need to make another one. After the Evo IX, Evo went to crap. Just my opinion.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
They dont need to make another one. After the Evo IX, Evo went to crap. Just my opinion.
I think X is not that bad though. At least X won the Rally race against the hatchback STI last year.
Luckily, Subaru brought back the 4 door version last year. They have ruined they business since 2008 by making hatch is the only option for STI.

Last edited by mitlan; Nov 24, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Translation : I have an Evo IX. It is the best one because I have it. I have never driven or worked on or with an Evo X and therefore my platform is better, and the best. Any Evo besides mine is not as good. By the way the Evo X is crap (because it is the only one to come after the IX). Just my opinion.

Quit being a troll. You probably know little if anything about the 4B11 platform. Don't flame it just because your ego.

P.S. Rota Grids Are A Knockoff Wheel. Just so ya know.
Apparently everything IS bigger in Texas. Including EGO's

Last edited by ►EvolutionX◄; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
He's allowed to have his opinion, and he may have driven the X himself. I HAVE driven both and was even going to upgrade to a 2008 X GSR when they came out, but I decided against it after the test drive. I share his opinion of preferring the IX over the X, though of course I probably would've said it differently.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

I would suggest a course in diplomacy. Yes, the IX platform was maybe the best iteration of the Evo series. Lighter and smaller with the indestructible 4G63. I wanted to find a nice IX, but couldn't so I bought a new X. I have to say that the X is an amazing car. Handling is incredible and performance is great too. The X did not go to crap as you say. It was an answer to governmental regulations on emissions and safety. The choice was either to have no more Evo or to meet the challenge and I believe Mitsubishi did a great job. Plus, the X has more of a presence on the street than the IX does.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

any new word or pics of the hybrid evo / when its coming out ? etc. or should i just get the 2013 evo gsr
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
One of these days I'd like to see a thread where people actually discuss the differences between the IX and X civilly and intelligently. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it could ever happen on this forum without some being rude or someone else getting their feelings hurt.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

You are absolutely right. Even though some people prefer earlier evo, they don't need to describe X as a crap. I don't see how crap an X is when comparing with any random car on the street.
Everything is about consideration. Keep in mind that not all people have a chance to drive an earlier version EVO. In fact, the X has improved a lot of technologies compared to the older one. The interior looks better. The car is safer. Some people might not care about these. No problem, it is person preference. However, not everyone is a professional driver. There are people who love the new technologies. So, just claim down, and make a peaceful discussion.

Originally Posted by Ian0611
One of these days I'd like to see a thread where people actually discuss the differences between the IX and X civilly and intelligently. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it could ever happen on this forum without some being rude or someone else getting their feelings hurt.

Last edited by mitlan; Oct 24, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Fastest Evos are 8's...just sayin. lol
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by casper980
Fastest Evos are 8's...just sayin. lol
When you guys say the "Fastest EVO", do you mean the stock EVO?
I am very interested to know which generation of stock EVO is the fastest!!!

There is no point to talk about any tuned or upgraded EVO. You can make it as fast as you want.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Stock IXs can hit high 12s when the stars align. Stock VIIIs aren't far behind, they can do 13.1. The Xs with the better stock tunes have been clocked at 13.0.

Quick Reply: Confirmed by Mitsubishi high offical: Lancer Evolution is no more